Are bleeding gums in a child
If bleeding gums in a child, should pay special attention to this. In medicine such bleeding is called gingivitis is an inflammatory process, extending to the mucous membranes of the gingiva and interdental papillae. The answer to the question why gums bleed, to find not so difficult. In adults, most often it is triggered by unhealthy diet and lack of or disregard for the usual rules of personal hygiene. Children most often arises inflammation of the gums of tooth eruption.
Signs of gingivitis
In addition to bleeding gums following are the main symptoms of gum inflammation:
- strong swelling of the gums;
- anomalies attachment bridles lips and tongue;
- the color change of the gums (redness), it is quite common for advanced forms of inflammation;
- change the shape of the gums, called splashiest;
- strong plaque on the teeth and tongue (there are 2 types of accumulations of plaque in the oral cavity: the first is hard to be removed in most cases an appointment at the dentist and the second is soft, which is much easier to get rid of at home);
- unpleasant smell in the mouth;
- severe pain in the teeth or gums in children.
In turn, there are several major causes of bleeding gums, which, in addition to the reasons described above (breach of oral hygiene, injury to the gums), include the following:
- Diseases of different internal organs of the human body. Many people are very surprised when health workers told them that the cause of the pain in the gums — problems with the digestive system organs. Chronic infectious or noninfectious diseases can result in immediate inflammations of the mouth, particularly the gums.
- The lack of vitamins coming into the human body. To them often include vitamin K, which increases the blood’s ability to curtail. In case of its deficiency or complete absence of not only the gums begin to bleed, but accidentally cut finger will bleed for a long time.
- Reaction of human body to external or chemical stimuli. These types of irritants include tobacco smoke. And no matter passive or active smoker is the patient. High toxicity of tobacco not only leads to inflammation of the mouth and yellowing of the teeth, but also entails the emergence of diseases such as atherosclerosis, bronchial asthma, hypertension, lung cancer and respiratory tract and more.
- Changing hormonal levels. It more affects women during pregnancy because they are at this time there is adjustment of the entire body, because now they need to feed not only themselves but also the baby. All this may be accompanied on the background of unbalanced nutrition and lack of proper care of different ailments, reduction of hemoglobin, a lack of calcium and phosphorus, bone fragility and bleeding gums.
- Common factors — cardiovascular and gastrointestinal diseases, infectious diseases (including SARS), hormonal and hereditary diseases. They lead to a change in reactivity (impaired immunity), thereby reducing the resistance of the gums to the toxins and mediators of inflammation, which produces the microbial flora of dental plaque.
The main causes of gingivitis (gum inflammation) in children
As described above, the first and most important cause of sore gums in children is insufficient care for the oral cavity. In other words, children often do not brush their teeth in time. Bad habit entails problems with the oral cavity, and dispose of it in the future will be more difficult. Parents should immediately pay attention to how your child is brushing his teeth. In most cases children are brushing only the front, visible part. And the inner side of the tooth remains covered with remnants of food, where bacteria multiply, causing gingivitis. In response to the presence of harmful bacteria, the immune system tries to fight them, causing inflammation of the mucous membrane of the gums.
Following the cause of gingivitis in children are malocclusions, dental caries, improperly installed seal, or teething. This section could include any mechanical traumatic mouth action — chewing hard candy, eating chocolate in large amounts or other sweets.
Doctors say that children very often start to try toys «by heart». This means that is made of poor quality plastic items can easily damage the delicate gums of the child.
The last category of the occurrence of gingivitis in a child can be attributed to a variety of infectious or pathological disease acquired by the child. These abnormalities include cardiovascular diseases (valvular heart disease, heart failure, arrhythmia, tachycardia, dystonia, etc.), pathological disorders of metabolism in the body (obesity, malnutrition, etc.) and various infectious diseases, leading to the weakening of the immune system of the child.
Gingivitis in infants
Most freshly baked moms are faced with this problem during the eruption of the first deciduous teeth in infants. This is discussed in various forums, although you should only go to the dentist, pediatrician. Moms note that the children can appear in the oral cavity sores and bumps, similar in appearance to bruises. This is actually a small part of gums, near which upon the eruption of the first teeth appear purulent discharge or purulent sores, very reminiscent of stomatitis. Much to worry on this score is not worth it. After visiting the doctor and the assignment of certain procedures to facilitate the disinfection of the oral cavity, not only the child takes teething a lot easier, but the parents will not have to worry that their toddler will re-start gingivitis.
It is strictly forbidden to use as medicine conventional food or a tea soda. Any lotions or rinse the mouth infants can only provoke complications in the form of new purulent formations, which can lead to complete loss of teeth.
Principles of treatment
Of course, the use of hygiene products such as dentifrices, liquid mouthwash, antibiotics and antiseptics can bring a temporary benefit with a rather short period of relief from the pain. But it is still advisable not to engage in the fight against sickness in the home. Sometimes in order to remove plaque dentists use not only the usual drills, but also special devices that use ultrasound, removes the plaque and tooth stones less painful. This method of treatment is much better suited for young patients of a dentist.
Better the parents of the child not to self-medicate, and immediately contact a qualified professional for timely assistance. Most physicians believe that prompt medical aid can help the child to avoid many complications in the form of various diseases. The treatment is carried out by a dentist, who removes the various growths on the tooth enamel, sealing is damaged by caries teeth, changing old fillings, in General, excludes all of the factors that contribute to gingivitis. If one of the parents saw blood while brushing your child’s tooth, you should immediately seek help because it may mean that the gums are already inflamed.
After elimination of the main causes of gum disease and start of therapy involving the use of antiseptic and anti-inflammatory medications. As a rule, the role acts as a weak antiseptic (0.05%) is an aqueous solution of chlorhexidine or aqueous infusions of herbs (chamomile, sage, etc.), which caress the mouth after morning and evening brushing. After rinsing the oral cavity on inflamed areas overlap compresses on the basis of anti-inflammatory gels. After their application is strictly prohibited within 3 hours to eat a variety of drinks, eat and rinse the teeth.
The entire course of treatment to get rid of gingivitis in infants and children of different ages it takes on average about 10-12 days, that is not more than 2 weeks. The treatment of the child can only deal with a qualified medical professional, because a wrong treatment can exacerbate the already difficult situation. Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the gums can easily go into the suppurative stage.
Prevention of bleeding gums in children is to educate the child properly and thoroughly brush teeth and also to limit the consumption of carbohydrate. It is necessary to exclude from the diet of spicy, salty and acidic foods that causes irritation of the tissues. Below the gum treatment was more effective, it is recommended to follow a diet moderate in carbohydrates, to eat foods rich in calcium and vitamin C.