Average caries: pictures, symptoms, treatment, history
In dentistry one of the most common problems is the average caries. Photos, symptoms, treatment, medical history typical of the disease in any person.
It occurs more often in patients of middle age, but to diagnose the disease may even in children. The lack of attention will lead not only to a deepening of the hollow in the tooth, but also to a number of complications.
The carious process develops in the presence of confounding factors:
- a weakened immune status;
- somatic pathology;
- lack of vitamins;
- poor hygiene.
In each case, the process of forming the holes may stretch or to flow quickly. Why is this happening? The reason is the presence in the mouth «of a cariogenic situation», namely a conducive environment. This and the above-described factors, and bleeding, and Tartar.
Significantly speeds up the emergence holes is the presence in the diet of a large number of carbohydrate foods. Complaints about the increase of sensitivity up quite quickly, as the process of decay in a large number of acid produced by the organic forms, destroying the top layer, followed by dentin.
Symptoms of secondary caries
The signs of the carious process rather scarce, since the nerves inside the tooth is not fully exposed. But the reaction to thermal or taste stimuli available, although the pain is not strongly pronounced character.
Progresses if dental caries can be identified by several symptoms:
- The roughness of the enamel, loss of its Shine. The dentin usually gets a dark shade in the area where the bacteria are active the most.
- Pain, aching, passing quickly.
- Halitosis — this factor should alert the man, because rotting in the cavity of the leftovers significantly accelerate the destruction of the dentin.
Specific localization of tooth decay is chewing teeth in the area of the contact surface, fissures (particularly located on the inner side). Soften only the top and middle levels of the tissue, therefore the prognosis is favorable.
Caries enough, but the basic division is according to the nature of the flow:
- The acute form is present in the cavity of softened dentin, the edges of its fragile. It is often diagnosed in fissures or at the root of the tooth.
- Chronic process — the hole is small, the walls strong. The important thing is that this person rarely feels any significant symptoms, so very quickly possible transition to severe tooth decay.
In addition to the average there are also deep and superficial carious processes. If the latter can still be cured without serious consequences, the recess holes will inevitably lead to pulp inflammation (pulpitis) and death in the absence of proper treatment.
Tracking the state of their teeth makes it much easier to diagnose. If the inspection regularly conducts professional, it will be able to determine the initial stage of the destruction of the dentin. Diagnostic measures include the following procedures:
- Palpation, fair survey in this phase, the doctor can find out of complaints, to get acquainted with the history of the disease and to assess the overall condition of the oral cavity. Complement manipulation by inspection with a dental mirror.
- The sensing method can be called more advanced palpation. It determines the structure of dentin and enamel.
- Radiography of the jaw gives a complete picture of the condition of the entire dentition and pathological processes. The one tooth doing and aimed to reveal the depth of the cavity is, how far it is located from the pulp.
Differential diagnosis, despite the very clear manifestation in the form of holes in the dentin, is also required. Delimitation of the need for removal of the question of another diagnosis. When apical periodontitis draw attention to the lack of response at the time of exposure to the stimulus. If you suspect a wedge-shaped defect requires a thorough examination of the neck of the tooth. When the disease in this area he will look like a wedge.
Middle caries and its treatment
To eliminate pathological fracture should begin immediately after diagnostic procedures. Before the dentist faces the task efficiently clean out the dead particles of dentin, and then to apply sealing material. The work and the professionalism of the dentist at this stage depends on how much further will last the tooth will not have any repeated caries, pain or other consequences.
The treatment stages are performed sequentially:
- anesthesia – General for children and conduction/infiltration for adults;
- the hollow drill bit of a drill cleaned of necrosis;
- processing tool cavity walls and enamel near it;
- the application of the antiseptic solution on the cleaned area;
- next apply a strip to isolate the treated surface;
- processing the inner walls of the hollow adhesive;
- selection and preparation of the filling material;
- the seal installation;
- grinding and polishing.
Usually all manipulations manage to fit in one visit, but in the acute form of carious process, the dentist may recommend to divide treatment into 2 stages. Late the therapy will face periodontal disease and subsequent tooth loss.
Video: how to treat superficial, medium and deep caries in dentistry?
Dentists give a number of useful recommendations that will not only prevent the deepening of cavities, but also cavities in General:
- hygiene, and regular and correct — this does not mean that brushing your teeth will have after the smallest of snacks – enough to learn how to use Flossie and rinse your mouth with antiseptic compounds or filtered water. Hygiene recommendations many people underestimate, although in 85% of cases, the implementation of the rules prevents the need for dental treatment;
- during periods of deficiency use medications with multivitamin complex;
- competent construction diet — this measure allows you to get some important for the dentin of vitamins from food. Another is to reduce the amount of carbohydrates. This decision will benefit not only the waistline but your teeth as sweets and pastries provokes their destruction due to the activities of bacteria;
- daily eating of solid food (carrots, Apple) is the equivalent of almost a full cleaning, as it effectively removed with enamel plaque;
- promptly treat gums — the occurrence of bleeding, swelling, and other symptoms is a reason to consult a dentist.
The dentist will need to walk at least 2 times per year in order to detect the initial stage of caries process. It is desirable to Supplement the above-described preventive measures quitting Smoking and other harmful habits (alcohol, junk food), because then the teeth do nothing to threaten.
► Code for ICD-10?
According to the international classification of diseases code K02.
► Treated average caries now have a toothache – what to do?
Cause pain can both excessive and insufficient drying of the cleaned cavity prior to depositing in the hollow of the filling material. In the first case, it makes sense to wait up to 2 weeks, as symptom after disappear with high probability. But if the cavity before the treatment was not sufficiently dried, you will have to replace the seal. The doctor immediately go to with a problem is not necessary – he will recommend to wait for some time.
Pain in both the cases described above is not very strong, but in acute pulpitis they expressed, paroxysmal. A sure sign of chronic form of the disease – the emergence of thermal sensitivity. The dentist will not just re-do the sealing, but also to remove the pulp. The appearance of the described character of the pain better as soon as possible to go to the dentist.
► How much is the treatment of secondary caries?
The cost is 1,5-2,5 thousand rubles. Pricing depends on the quality of materials, publicity, clinics, and city of treatment. Price is based on the complexity of the treatment, other treatments and the number of teeth that suffered from tooth decay.