Bare the neck of the tooth: what to do? Treatments
Any disruption in the normal growth of teeth — a problem which must be dealt with urgently. For example, what if the bare neck of the tooth, which apply the methods of treatment? First you need to understand in detail, what causes this condition and how is it to understand what happened denudation of the neck of the tooth.
Each tooth has a crown — the visible part and the cervix and the root — they are hidden by gum tissue. If the neck of the tooth becomes bare, it can be seen during the inspection. To the patient this phenomenon brings a lot of discomfort from the cosmetic inconvenience to constantly feel pain. In addition, if the neck of the tooth becomes visible, it may indicate a serious disease developing in the oral cavity.
Exposure of the root of the neck looks like a decrease of the level of the gums towards the tooth crown. A healthy tooth has a beautiful, rounded gingival margin, but if the disease becomes evident not only the crown, but also the previously hidden part of the tooth neck. Its color is yellow, unlike the color of natural tooth enamel, so this defect is called a wedge, is quite noticeable, especially if formed on the front teeth.
What other signs allow to suspect yourself, the exposure of the neck of the tooth? List from the initial to the later:
- ingesting hot, cold, spicy and especially sour and also when brushing your teeth or just opening the mouth in the cold, one feels that he hurts from all the tooth cavity;
- when brushing your teeth and while biting something hard (carrots, Apple), there are traces of blood;
- visually change the color of the tooth, is formed as the contrast of the tooth enamel with the color of the neck;
- the gums swell up, looks edematous and inflamed;
- if you run your fingernail along the edge of the gums, it feels uneven, like a step;
- teeth become brittle at the roots with caries;
- tooth visually elongates, due to the displacement of the gingival margin begins to appear between the teeth increased intervals;
- with the development of inflammation appear periodontal pockets in which pus is collected;
- mouth there is a smell of decay;
- teeth weak, poorly kept in the gums, sometimes fall.
It started in one tooth, the disease can spread to neighboring and then the treatment process is much more complicated. It is therefore important with the appearance of at least one of these symptoms contact your dentist for help.
We can’t just ignore these symptoms, because their cause may be treatable causes. Why is there such a state? Among the factors that cause atrophy of the gums, can be identified such:
- denudation of the neck of the tooth is due to the lack of care for the oral cavity — gingivitis and periodontitis, which develops due to activities of bacteria are accompanied by a painful neck of tooth exposure;
- too care — when using hard toothbrushes, toothpicks and gum stimulators;
- tongue piercing and lips leads to traumatization of the oral cavity, which also makes denude the neck of the tooth;
- anatomical structure of the oral cavity can be the cause of the displacement of the gums. For example, short frenulum pulls the gums, exposing the hidden parts of tooth. Or gum tissue by nature is very delicate and the slightest injury moves towards the root. Short roots of teeth is another feature of the structure of the dentition, resulting in disease;
- congenital or acquired malocclusion, the wearing of braces to fix, provoke an increased load on the teeth;
- the precariousness of the teeth — their mobility leads to thinning of the gums and the opening of the root region of the tooth is often observed in elderly population;
- hormonal disturbances (pregnancy, diabetes, problems with the thyroid gland) and digestive systems.
Dependent that causes the decay of gum tissue, the disease can develop at different speeds and lead to different consequences.
Bare the neck of the tooth: what to do?
If the first signs of developing disease will help change the care of the oral cavity:
- Change toothpaste on special — desensitizing, as well as replacement of conventional toothbrush professional;
- Regular and thorough cleaning of the oral cavity from plaque;
- The use of anti-inflammatory solutions for rinsing the mouth.
But what if the problem has gone too far? In this case, it can be recommended one or more types of more serious intervention.
Rinse apply antiseptic solutions — Chlorhexidine, Furatsilinom, Miramistin, Maraslavin. To remove the swelling and redness of the gums, they are coated with a therapeutic gel type Metrogyl Denta, Holisal, Kamistad, Asepta. In the case of sepsis can be treated with antibiotics. What? Decided by the doctor.
A lot depends on what kind of toothpaste to brush your teeth? It is better to use toothpaste with anti-inflammatory effect — Lakalut, Biomed, R. O. C. S.
The dentist will propose a number of remedial measures. It can be:
- applying a remineralizing composition to patients or teeth;
- deep fluoridation of the enamel;
- fillings root portion;
- laser cleaning of hard dental deposits on the enamel and diseased tissue of the gums;
- the installation of the veneer or dental crown.
These methods are effective in the early stages of the disease.
Radical method of surgery is used if the exposure became too noticeable and uncomfortable. May be held:
- Plastic reconstruction of the gingiva using local fabrics.
- Removal of bare root and replace it with an artificial implant.
These methods and painful road, so it is better to them not to bring.
Video: what to do in case of exposure of the necks of the teeth?
At the advanced stage of the disease the use of folk remedies is justified only as an auxiliary therapy. At home you can try the following methods:
- massage the gums with the use of antibacterial oils (peppermint, citrus, eucalyptus, fir, cloves, lemon);
- compresses on the gums with extracts of coniferous trees;
- rinse the mouth with St. John’s wort, infused in vodka (50 drops per glass of water);
- other infusions for rinsing can be made from chamomile, marigold, sage, yarrow;
- wiping the gums with hydrogen peroxide (pre-diluted in the proportion of 15 drops/15 ml water;
- chewing the leaves of the common plantain, and rinse the mouth with decoction of it.
Without addressing the causes of the denudation of the neck of the tooth, successful recovery is impossible. Therefore, it is better not to abuse folk medicine, and to contact the dental clinic for professional help.