Basal implants: what is it, pros and cons, price
Basal implantation is a technique by which dental implants are installed into deep layers of bone: cortical plate and basal layer. At this level, the bone has a strong resistance to any atrophy, so basal implants is longer than classic.
In this article you will learn what basal implantation, what are the advantages and disadvantages of the procedure and many other important points.
What is the basal implantation?
Basal implantation is known since 60-ies of the last century. The founder of this method was Leonid Links — the American Creator of the dental implant, having Russian roots. In the 21st century doctors have no uniform point of view on the procedure. In the West, this method is considered effective, but in Russia it is treated with skepticism and is considered obsolete. However, this method is not officially banned and is even able to attract a lot of customers leaving positive feedbacks about the result.
A distinctive feature of the method — immediate loading of implants dentures. This method has several names, one of which «the implantation with immediate loading». Hospitals involved in the implantation of dental prostheses by using the basal method, positioning this service as something unique and unparalleled. There are non-standard names of the procedure:
- Express implantation is a name is a kind of advertising course means that the crown and the root of the tooth is restored almost at the same time;
- Compression — prosthesis embedded in the bone in such a way that natural bone is subjected to compression and not destroyed. This helps to create suitable conditions for the successful implantation of the implant in the bone and primary stability.
- Minimally invasive implants are implanted in the bone without cutting soft tissue. The prosthesis is inserted into the hole from which you just removed the tooth (this method is used in case of conventional Protocol) or embedded in the gums with a small puncture;
- Monoblock is the name of the basal implantation is less common than the others, and comes from a type of dentures. Tapered portion of the implant and the abutment (joint between the crown of the tooth and prosthesis) in this case are not separated, and constitute a single whole;
- Single phase — as in the case with Express denture, this is a publicity stunt clinics offering this service.
The names basal implantation can be very different, but the essence remains the same. In terms of classical technique implants in the gums of the patient for a long time waiting for their healing.
In the case of basal implants, all is exactly the opposite — the prostheses are inserted into the deepest layers of the bone, immediately take root almost immediately after the procedure, a patient can chew food and to give the usual stress on the bone. Circulation this causes, but on the contrary stimulated. To bone tissue receives the necessary substances, thanks to which it stimulates the processes of regeneration.
Indications and contraindications
Implant dentistry aims at replacing the diseased or teeth that have previously been deleted. If a person is missing at least one tooth, it is assigned a single restoration. A single implant insertion is not the only indication for the procedure. In addition, the patient may be directed to basal implantation in the following cases:
- partial absence of teeth or fully edentulous;
- a comprehensive restoration of the teeth and jaw;
- periodontal disease and periodontitis, are at the severe stage;
- atrophy of the bone tissue;
- long experience of Smoking.
Direction to the basal implantation is also an allergic reaction to dentures, contraindications to bone regeneration and fracture of the abutment teeth when wearing the partial denture. In contrast to the classical method of implantation of implants, basal implants has fewer contraindications and they are all associated with serious health problems:
- diabetes in uncompensated form;
- pathology of the cardiovascular and nervous systems;
- serious violation of immunity;
- infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, AIDS and HIV.
If the chewing muscles are in a marked tone, then to perform the implantation of basal implants in the jaw are also not recommended.
For and against the procedure
Modern methods of enhanced basal implantology doctor of dental medicine by Stefan Ihde. Thanks to his developments have made implants, which differ significantly from classic and have many advantages:
- the timing of the operation and the rehabilitation period — in contrast to the classical prosthetics basal implantation is performed almost instantly, and the period of rehabilitation after surgery does not exceed weeks. If before the patient was removed from the tooth, the implant is inserted almost immediately after removal. The same applies to the removal of the tooth after periodontal disease, which is also impossible with other methods;
- surgical intervention in this kind of procedures is minimized. Instead of the incision is made a small puncture through which is inserted the process. The advantage of this method is the lack of extra wounds, bleeding and sutures;
- the bone tissue is not subjected to disturbances and quickly recovered. This leads to the normalization of the bite and the good work of the facial muscles. Bonus becomes slow aging, and smooth wrinkles around the lips;
- in the classical method for implanting a prosthesis is often increased additional bone tissue. Basal implantation is characterized in that the existing fabric is enough and use additional equipment to change the bones is not necessary;
- the structure of the implant is arranged in such a way that when injected into the deep structure of the bone is no rejection;
- number of visits to the doctor minimally implantation simultaneously, suitable even for smokers, and actively chew will be in three days.
No less obvious advantage of basal implantation is a relatively low cost. This is due to the fact that use fewer materials and no need to wear dentures during the rehabilitation period.
Disadvantages of and arguments against the procedure usually depend on the clinic where implantation is carried out. It is believed that the basal prosthesis is possible even in the absence of one tooth, but the doctors argue on this subject — in some clinics integrated prosthesis is possible only in case if the patient is missing at least 3 teeth. The shortcomings of the procedure does not end there:
- when installing the prosthesis to the patient local anesthesia; however, even this factor is not able to completely eliminate the pain, which in most cases still arise during the procedure;
- basal implant treatment is primarily a surgical intervention, therefore in the 3-5 will have to take painkillers to relieve soreness in the gums;
- the procedure has few contraindications, which include the period of carrying a child, acute rheumatism, diabetes in uncompensated form, malignant tumor and mental disorder. If the patient has at least one of these pathologies, he was sent to another type of implantation of prostheses in the jaw;
- basal implantation is a very time consuming and complicated process for dentists and dental technicians. If the implant is implanted incorrectly, correct it will be impossible. That is why you may have trouble finding a truly qualified doctor. The cost of the services of some well-known clinics may be overstated and are not available for some patients;
- prosthetics single-step method poses a risk. If the prosthesis is inserted unprofessional doctor and not tight to the periodontal tissues, the body looks unnatural and creates some difficulties. A similar situation related to the lack of professionalism of the dentist — the disruption of bone and subsequent implant failure.
In the wound formed during the surgery, can get infected, but this happens extremely rarely. The benefits of the procedure still more, and for some patients with contraindications to the classical prosthetics, basal implantation is the only way to regain your teeth. However, this is only possible if you find a doctor who knows his business.
Technology and stages of implantation
Basal implants — a procedure that includes several steps:
- Preparing the patient for the procedure. During this phase, the patient undergoes extensive medical exam: passing the imaging, delivery of various analyses and the complete exclusion of contraindications to the basal implantation.
- The second stage is also considered to be preparatory, but at this moment preparing for surgery is not the patient, and the doctor himself. The dentist selects the appropriate implants, examines the anatomy of the jaw of his patient and determines the place of implantation of the prosthesis to the jaw. It all happens on the computer using 3D modeling.
- Next is the procedure itself. If basal implantation the patient had bad teeth, the first is surgery to remove these teeth. Next to the vacant hole is inserted a prosthesis. Implants implanted on the principle of self-tapping screws: if required, a small puncture is made through which the screwed prosthesis.
- After insertion of the implants in the jaw is inserted a special prosthesis designed for adaptation and healing of the implants. To remove the prosthesis six months later.
The final stage is getting permanent prosthetics. The rehabilitation period takes about 7 days, after which the patient is able to chew solid food and stop drinking painkillers.
What types of implants are used?
Type of implant depends on producing their company, the objectives of the prosthesis and the anatomy of patient’s jaw. In modern medicine, during operations, the following types of implants:
- tapered from the abutment and a pin. Applied in a two-stage prosthetics, equally well implanted in the upper and lower jaw and are frequently used in aesthetic medicine. Such implants have few contraindications, as are suitable for all bone types;
- basal implants of this type have a one-piece structure and a helical shape. Installed immediately after tooth extraction into the vacated hole;
- compression — have a fixed design and special thread, which provides a snapshot of the load. The bone tissue thus compacted.
Service life and price of the basal implants depends on the company that manufactures the prostheses of this type. The average cost — 5 thousand roubles for 1 piece. The life of kalanthathu depends on the quality and professionalism of the doctor during the operation. Medical titanium, which is used to produce most of the medical prostheses for teeth, able to serve at least 15 years.
Video: about the basal dental implants says dentist.
I went to the clinic for basal implantation, because the usual prosthesis was contraindicated. Despite the fact that I was a little scared of the pain during surgery, I felt — helped obessmolivanie lidocaine. The procedure lasted an hour and a half. During this time I removed 6 teeth and put in dentures. The first few days gums ached, but then I managed to chew the bread, which she couldn’t afford the last three years.
For 52 years life teeth noticeably deteriorated, which has had to pull a number. As a result, I became difficult to chew solid foods. Had to put the dentures — I chose basal method, since I have heard a lot of positive feedback and recommendations. Did I insert dentures? Yes, now I can eat solid food can not be scanned with my new teeth is that nuts. But there is more risk aversion — the procedure is not only time consuming but also costly in material terms.
Dentures I have inserted 3 years ago. During the surgery and for several days thereafter I felt mild pain. The implants were acclimatized for at least six months — during this period, I tried not to eat solid food and in General be wary of consumption of many products. Now I removed the temporary prosthesis, and I go with new teeth. People I don’t even know that my teeth are implants — dentures look natural and almost like real teeth.
► Which is better — basal implantation or classic?
Classic and basal implants have a number of significant differences that can influence the choice of prosthesis. The main features that distinguish these types of implantations from each other:
- the technology of implantation of prostheses in the jaw. Classic dentures are implanted in the gums, and the basement are placed in deep layers of bone, allowing them to last longer;
- basal implantation is performed using small puncture wounds. Classic dentures are not without injuries, as for installation of the prosthesis it is necessary to make a small incision;
- the prosthesis with the help of basal implants is considered to be less expensive, however the cost depends on the clinic where the procedure is carried out.