Bit my tongue, was formed sore: how to treat?
Bit my tongue and formed sore? After the disappearance of the shock is to treat the bitten place below the sores soon healed.
The most common injury among adults and children is a biting tongue. This can occur during Breakfast or lunch, and in training, and even talking. The common reason is carelessness, combining eating with other businesses, and increases the likelihood of pathological bite tongue bite.
First aid for injury
Every person who was faced with a biting tongue, need to know the basic methods of providing self-help to prevent infection of wounds and also reduce soreness. First aid in case of injury language similar to initial treatment of any wounds:
- hemostasis in the oral cavity it is possible to implement by rinsing clean and cold water. In the presence of ice cube, it also can be applied to the sores. When the wound is quite extensive and deep, to stop the bleeding, you can use soaked in hydrogen peroxide gauze, which is firmly clamped the injured area;
- antiseptic treatment of wounds in the oral cavity should not use tincture of iodine or brilliant green, as these preparations contain alcohol that could cause burns. You can rinse your mouth with Chlorhexidine or Miramistin;
- reducing pain is to reduce discomfort from prokusyvanie well helps the spray of lidocaine or dental gels used in infants during the eruption of the teeth.
Bit my tongue and formed sore: how to treat and what to do?
In most cases, rendered first aid is enough the wound started to heal.
In order not joined the infection to the damaged surface of the tongue need to carefully monitor the hygienic condition of the oral cavity:
- to correctly brush your teeth at least two times a day;
- rinse your mouth with water after each meal;
- irrigate the affected surface with a decoction of herbs: chamomile, calendula, St. John’s wort, sage, to eliminate swelling and conducive to rapid healing.
In the treatment of sores on the tongue you can apply medications, but this should be done only after medical examination and its recommendations.
- Solcoseryl paste, which is used to eliminate inflammation and heal injuries in the mouth, as well as protection from possible infection. The product is applied on the affected area 3-5 times a day until the wound heals.
- Metrogil-Denta – gel, containing metronidazole and chlorhexidine. Applied to the sore 2-3 times a day for weeks. Eliminates pathogens and resolves inflammation.
Related article: what to do if bit the inside of my cheek from the inside?
When to see a doctor?
If the biting tongue occurred one time, with no extensive wounds and within days the pain and swelling began to decrease, it is possible to do without the help of doctors. If this happens frequently, then visit a dentist to determine the cause.
Urgent medical inspection is necessary in the following cases:
- When biting tongue formed through the wound.
- In the site of the bite there was a bruise and it’s swollen.
- Severe bleeding that cannot be stop, and if it resumes after a break.
- Extensive wound with ragged edges.
- Pain and discomfort persisted for several days, although the sore is of small dimensions.