Black plaque on teeth how to get rid of
Found a black stain in teeth in both adults and children, and it can appear for different reasons. For example, on the inner side they darken due to frequent Smoking, but sometimes this happens if the patient has a serious disease, which does not apply in dentistry. Black teeth is primarily an aesthetic issue, therefore, to postpone the visit to a specialist is not recommended, be sure to go for advice and follow instructions.
Black spots on the teeth, the bar or dot to appear in an adult can one of the reasons in children. It is characteristic of the age of the disease, consequence of bad habits, the use of various medicines and much more. So let’s deal separately, why blacken the teeth of adults and what causes this condition in young patients.
Dark enamel in children
Parents always worry if their child suddenly found a black plaque on the teeth, the reasons for this can be the following:
- A weakened immune system. In this case looks like black mold;
- A long course of medication with antibacterial action;
- Mismatched pasta. A large amount of fluoride can make the enamel is very unattractive in a short time;
- Genetic predisposition;
- The complexity of fetal development. Reasons why darkened tooth or a large number of molars may be associated with a poor diet of the mother a lot of fluoride, iron, low in calcium. This often contributes to the intake of certain medications and infectious diseases.
A young child pays little attention to daily oral hygiene, so parents depends largely on its condition. Not always the blackening of the teeth is associated with caries, and it happens that this process occurs in just a day. Therefore, to independently figure out how to remove the coating, it is difficult, only an expert will see the cause and help eliminate it and external defects.
Why enamel changes colour in adults
Brown plaque on the teeth in adults is associated, typically, with insufficient oral hygiene. The situation worsens Smoking, as tobacco tar affect the enamel ruthlessly, especially hard to get rid of the deposits near the gums and between the teeth. Among other reasons, provoking a dark plaque on the teeth, include the following:
- Consumption of coffee and strong tea;
- The technique is hazardous antibacterial (tetracycline), and drugs.
- Significant disturbance of acid-alkaline balance in the mouth;
- Diseases of the spleen, liver, biliary tract;
- Infections of viral origin;
- Different kinds of inflammation;
- Constant interaction with the particles of heavy metals;
- Injury, which is damaged the neurovascular bundle.
It is possible that the tooth was blackened and carious lesions, and the shade is different from slightly yellow to very dark.
If not time to seek professional help, the result can be a lose of the root and soft tissues. This is especially true of eights, they are destroyed faster than the other, and the darkening of the tooth is inside the crown.
How to fix the defect
If you cannot locate the source of the problem, to understand what black tooth or all teeth, consult a specialist and do not self-medicate. One single spot sometimes is a symptom of a caries lesion, but if external change is much more serious, we must start with diagnosis. Black plaque on the teeth can be removed in the dentist’s office, and at home will be easy to keep them in good condition.
A noticing a black plaque on teeth how to get rid of it, not a suspect. Meanwhile, on their own, you can also affect the situation after plaque removal at home. One condition for the complexity of the event — the darkened molar teeth where there is plaque, not amenable to independent manipulation. His forces completely remove the black plaque, but only if it is soft and fresh.
When you find out the reason why there is a black plaque on the teeth, it is important to fully implement the recommendations of the dentist. But if they were blackened due to chronic diseases, the process must be brought narrowly focused specialists.
When black spots on teeth is a manifestation of caries, treatment of required standard. Is sanitation of the oral cavity and filling the molars, additionally performed preventive maintenance (plating, fluorination).
Habits, which are dark spots on the teeth, things are much simpler — at least enough to limit the amount of drinking coffee, strong tea, red wine, staining the enamel soda’s and other products.
If the tooth shade began to change due to mismatched pasta and lack of hygiene, this will help you to consult a dentist.
The professional removal of hard stone
The dentist knows how to remove black plaque on your teeth, if your teeth care is insufficient and, for example, you a long time to take antibiotics. It is not recommended to buy a special whitening toothpaste without the recommendation, otherwise there is a possibility of scratching the enamel. To get rid of blackheads and other changes will help the following procedures:
- Laser whitening. If the patient is thinking how to get rid of the black plaque on the teeth effectively, yet gently, it is a good choice. The result is long lasting, but the cost of one session is quite high;
- The ultrasonic cleaning. It is also a great method for those who often have a black plaque. Plus it is affordable and painless, contraindications;
- Air Flow. To eliminate black spots on the teeth often used and this sudostroenie mechanism. However, compared to the previous two it has unpleasant drawbacks. For example, the teeth darken again six months later, and after the procedure may increase the sensitivity of the enamel, the gums may bleed. To resolve this issue allows subsequent fluoridation, but this additional spending.
To black plaque on the teeth is not returned, you must clean them regularly, it is better to purchase an electric or ultrasonic toothbrush. Toothpaste should be chosen only by the dentist, but you can try and you the following options:
- The infusion of burdock root and peel the beans. The ingredients are one tablespoon, pour boiling water for a few hours. Is very healthy drink, which warmed it is necessary to drink until, until the darkening of the teeth will not cease to bother you. The glass should be divided into three parts and take small portions;
- Tooth powder with your hands. If your teeth are darkened, but you don’t want to use the paste, where a lot of chemicals, try the following recipe. Take sea salt and dry sage leaves — 25 GMS each component. All this is laid out on foil and placed in the oven for half an hour at 180-200 degrees. Allow to cool, chop, use this if you darken the teeth, once a week;
- Soda and peroxide. Take 1 teaspoon of the substances are mixed, applied to a cotton pad, wipe the black spots on the teeth once every seven days.
Important question — what to do to teeth black plaque buildup? This requires a personal approach and, first, a visit to a specialist for advice. If a pronounced color is acquired, and a darkened front tooth, or one another, this can be damage to the root pulpless molars often react in this way. When occurs in the tooth black spot, often on the side, is a carious lesion in the coronal portion. We can talk about fluorosis, then I cannot afford them.
But there are tips that really will be useful to those who have the teeth appear blackened patina:
- Eliminate all bad habits, especially Smoking, it darkens the whole molar, even in the intervals;
- Start using a special rubber brush for children is needed when the first dairy units, conducting a massage of the gingival tissue. After a year also need a special toothpaste;
- The child should use your own personal spoon — hygiene first and foremost;
- To on teeth black plaque accumulation, include in the diet of solid foods, with fiber, vitamins and minerals;
- Watch your health, time to treat emerging diseases.
If the tooth has darkened from natural causes or due to external factors, in any case, a good specialist will help you. In children, for example, it is frequent — experience is not necessary, but to leave the question unresolved, too, is impossible, as the health of the milk teeth will determine the future permanent status. The main condition for effective dental care is prevention — it’s important to know how to clean the plaque and what means can be used.
Here are some tips, or rather, the summary:
- The simplest recommendation for smokers is to use a special toothpaste, but not constantly, and courses;
- Drinks and foods with artificial and natural dyes affect the tone, they need to be removed from use. If you often drink black coffee, it is not surprising that the tooth has darkened;
- To remove plaque is necessary, it is not only a cosmetic defect, but also a good environment for the accumulation of microorganisms, which are increasingly destroying the enamel;
If the tooth turned black, do not rush to turn to folk remedies, this before you need to ask the specialist about contraindications!