Bleeding gums and bad breath
If bleeding gums and an unpleasant smell from a mouth, is the first sign of a pathological process in the oral cavity. In most cases, the consequences of pathogenic microflora activity, which causes inflammation of the gums and produces toxins with an unpleasant aroma. There are other factors, but they are much rarer. About why gums bleed, and you receive bad breath, read our article. The reasons that trigger the unpleasant smell from the mouth a lot. This may be a physiological feature that is due to the microflora of the mouth (gums and teeth). Can occur when carious lesions of the teeth and inflammatory processes in the mouth, and other body systems. There are cases where the man just seems that he has bad breath. And if the company is not customary to tell the other person about halitosis, the patient himself might not notice this, do not pay attention to bleeding gums very difficult. And if the gums bleed, there will be unpleasant odor from the mouth.
Why does gum bleed
Bleeding is a symptom of gingivitis. Than it is stronger, the more pronounced the symptom: some patients bleeding when brushing others even in the absence of the stimulus.
Trying to eliminate bleeding, the patient may begin uncontrollably to apply a variety of hygiene products containing antibiotics or antiseptics or to protect gums, brush your teeth is not so intense, almost touching. But this only leads to the progression of disease.
At the neck of the tooth accumulated deposition in the form of soft plaque or stone. It breed bacteria, their toxins and cause an inflammatory reaction. Inflammation of the gums leads to changes in the circulation, resulting in swelling, redness and capillary fragility. If you press the small blood vessels burst that is bleeding.
Gingivitis may be the result of:
|Non-compliance with technique of cleaning teeth.||Gingivitis occurs as a result of the injury. If to clean the teeth from left to right, it thins the cervical area of the tooth, and movement of the brush from the edge of the tooth to the periodontium as if lifts and pushes the gums. The importance and rigidity of the toothbrush and is attached to her power. Big pressure also can damage the gums. To properly brush your teeth in circular movements without strong pressure.|
|Non-compliance with hygiene of the oral cavity.||A person can twice a day, brush your teeth, but do it well enough and give the process enough time. In the teeth of soft plaque is formed, it is easy to remove by daily brushing your teeth, but the patient just doesn’t affect these places with a brush. Plaque is a favorable environment for pathogenic organisms, they begin to multiply rapidly, and it is their waste products, and have an unpleasant odor. In saliva there are calcium salts, which make soft plaque in hard deposits, they contribute to the inflammation of the gums. Another reason for bad breath are fiber food stuck between his teeth and beginning to rot.|
|Gum disease.||Gingivitis, periodontitis cause bleeding from gums and bad breath|
|Common diseases.||For example, diabetes, thyroid dysfunction, acute respiratory infections, disruption of the gastrointestinal tract lead to the halitosis and inflammation of the oral mucosa. On examination, the doctor pays attention, what’s it like to smell and forwards to specialists, for example, an endocrinologist, a gastroenterologist.|
|Medication.||Medicines, including hormonal or blood thinners, cause swelling in the gums.|
|IMR.||Lack of vitamin C, E, j, K affects the gums, capillaries become fragile and edematous tissue. To fill need to revise your diet add vegetables and fruits have not undergone heat treatment.|
|Low-quality prosthetics.||Mistake crown or denture, increase the load on the teeth, which leads to their swelling.|
|Hormonal changes.||Often the reason why the gums become inflamed in pregnant women.|
What illness symptom is bleeding gums
The most common disease in which there is bleeding of gums and bad breath is gingivitis. At an early stage when to get rid of the disease is simple, most people do not come for consultation to the professional, and relieves the symptom of tooth gels and pastes. However, the inflammation does not go away.
Symptoms of gingivitis:
- bleeding from the gums during tooth brushing;
- there is deposition of plaque and Tartar;
- swelling of the gums;
- the gums acquired a red or bluish color;
- hurts to brush teeth;
- unpleasant odor from the mouth.
When acute disease occurs severe pain during hygiene procedures and chewing of food, can be seen clearly redness of the gums. Gingivitis symptoms similar to the manifestations of stomatitis, periodontal disease, periodontitis, therefore, therapy must appoint a dentist. In some cases, prescribe antibiotics to prevent complications. To relieve pain apply ointments and gels that form on the gums film that protects from irritants.
If gingivitis is not treated, it progresses to periodontitis. And its treatment is long, painful and expensive.
Symptoms of periodontitis:
- all the typical signs of gingivitis;
- gingival pockets are formed;
- there is a mobility of the teeth;
- with the progression laid bare the neck of the tooth;
- there is a divergence of teeth in the form of a fan.
In the treatment, you will need not only to remove deposits and clean pricesnew pockets, but to take antibiotics, will need splinting (with glass fiber, metal-ceramic teeth are attached to each other, which makes them unable to loose), curettage (cleaning of gum pockets with a special instrument), patchwork operations.
How to fix bleeding gums
First of all, you need to go to the dentist, which will help to establish the cause of bleeding and halitosis and conduct hygienic cleaning of the teeth or reorganization of the mouth. When periodontal diseases will need long-term treatment.
Gum treatment consists of three stages:
- Removing dental bacterial deposits. This procedure can only be performed in the dental office. Using ultrasound removed solid deposits. If they are little, then they can do it in one visit. If there was a deposition and under the gums, it will take several meetings. After removal of the plaque and Polish the teeth;
- Anti-inflammatory treatment. The course lasts 10 days. If the diagnosis is gingivitis, you can have it lady. If there are periodontal pockets, then it is required to rinse at the dentist. Therapy involves rinsing with Chlorhexidine 0.05% and application Holisal-gel.
- Training cleaning teeth. If technique remains the same, then deposits in a few weeks will again begin to form. So don’t hesitate to ask the doctor, so he demonstrated the proper technique.
For the prevention of halitosis and gum disease need to:
- to pay attention to the brushing technique;
- to find a suitable hardness toothbrush and medicated toothpaste;
- to drink vitamin-mineral complex with a high content of vitamin C, b, E, K, PP;
- rinse your mouth after eating. You can do it with water but better with infusions and decoctions of vegetable herbs possessing anti-inflammatory and regenerating properties (chamomile, oak bark, nettle);
- cure a systemic disease. If the source of the problem is not resolved, the bleeding and halitosis are not able to solve for a long time.
Hygiene for gum disease, which removed inflammation
In order to get rid of gingivitis and bad breath, you need to use a therapeutic toothpaste. It contains anti-inflammatory compounds that reduce swelling of the tissues, eliminates pain, accelerates regeneration.
Toothpaste against bleeding gums:
- «LACALUT aktiv». In the composition of the antiseptic (chlorhexidine), and substances, removes inflammation (bisabolol, allantoin). An important ingredient of means of aluminium lactate, the bleeding gums is reduced after the first use. This tool helps to resolve acute symptoms and can be used no more than 2 weeks, because it contains antibiotics and antiseptic;
- «LACALUT fitoformula» this product contains aluminum lactate and herbs (St. John’s wort, myrrh, ratanov, sage) so that eliminates bleeding and inflammation. Can be used continuously;
- «Parodontax». Pasta from UK contains medicinal plants (Echinacea, mint, sage, myrrh, chamomile), which reduce inflammation, have antimicrobial, hemostatic, astringent properties. And mineral salts not only impart a specific taste, but also pull the inflammatory infiltration of the gums, which relieves swelling;
- «PresiDENT exclusive» contains antiseptic hexetidine, which does not allow to use it for more than two weeks, but it is a good means of quickly relieving inflammation;
- «Forest balsam from bleeding gums». Russian toothpaste, plant-based complex with astringent and soothing action. The abrasiveness of the toothpaste does not effectively remove plaque, so continuous use is not recommended.
It should be noted that medicinal paste effectively eliminate bleeding only for the period of use. Therefore, if the cause of disease in Tartar and bacterial plaque, it will still have to remove at the dentist.
Paste containing antibiotics and antiseptics such as triclosan, chlorhexidine, hexetidine, phenyl salicylate, can not be used longer than 14 days. They change the micro flora of the mouth, which leads to dysbiosis and a constant bad smell.
At the time of therapy suggest to use a brush with soft bristles, as they do not hurt. But to use them constantly is wrong, because they do not remove plaque from the teeth.
Folk remedies may be administered as a Supplement to the basic treatment. To do this, use plants and substances that contribute to the regeneration, have anti-inflammatory, hemostatic and antimicrobial properties.
- Broth based on the bark of oak gives anti-inflammatory and astringent effect. Bleeding is reduced already during the first rinse, but the course must be at least two weeks.
- Chamomile has a disinfecting and regenerating action. To prepare the broth 2 tablespoons of flowers scald Cup of boiling water and leave to steep for 20 minutes. Twice a day rinse your mouth.
- Sage also has anti-inflammatory properties, helps eliminate swelling and pain of the gums. Rinse your mouth until complete recovery.
- One of the nettle plant, which has a strong hemostatic properties.
- To stop bleeding I advise you to use saline solution (a glass of water a teaspoon of salt). This tool will also help to kill the bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar will eliminate bacterial plaque, stop bleeding and reduce inflammation. Before rinsing the vinegar is diluted with water (2 tablespoons per Cup of water).
- Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory and regenerating properties. For anti-gingivitis crush the leaves to pulp, allow to stand for about an hour. Then add a little water and bring to a boil. Use for rinsing.
Periodontal inflammation provokes the destruction of periodontal tissues. This reduces the elasticity of the epithelium, to hold the tooth in the hole where the ligaments are no longer able. You receive the mobility of the molars and incisors, and this does not give the teeth to perform their direct function in the body is to chew food.
Advanced stage of periodontal disease is not subject to conservative treatment, too loose teeth should be removed.
Bleeding gums does not pass by itself, it needs to be treated. Therefore it is better at the initial stage of the disease to see a doctor than to keep the teeth overnight in a Cup on the bedside table.