Bone augmentation in dental implantation: price, reviews
Quite often dentists and their patients have to deal with bone augmentation in dental implantation. Price, reviews and detailed description of the procedure give below.
This happens in cases when a person is too long time thinking about whether or not to install implants. During the absence of dental pieces of solid fabric too quickly atrophies, which leads to the need for bone grafting.
About bone deficiency in the patient
Once the tooth fell out or was removed, it begins a natural and irreversible process of atrophy of the tissue. Doctors say that during the year the lack of dental units resorption reaches a maximum.
If the patient is required to place the implant in order to restore the integrity of the series, the lack of natural bone would be a significant obstacle. It is believed that for high implantation need at least 10 mm solid Foundation.
And when its not enough, we have to use the procedure of grafting bone. Doing a special procedure in which the bone is built up to the required volume. This procedure significantly increases the time to restore the dentition, but provides high-quality and long-lasting results.
A very important point – in order to avoid any unpleasant complications, you should choose a good clinic, an experienced physician and adhere to brand all the rules of preparation for surgery.
Why you need to carry out the procedure?
In the absence of bone tissue is necessary to make its capacity. And this applies not only to cases subsequent implantation, but also addressed other issues:
- For a sufficiently secure attachment of the implant if the bone is shorter than the PU rod.
- To prevent displacement of teeth, their loosening, loss and other abnormalities of the dentition.
- To prevent distortion of facial expression and articulation.
- To restore chewing function, which will inevitably come with atrophy.
- Not to give the contours of the face to be distorted due to the reduction of the jaw.
Doctors identify the following benefits of the process, when add artificial bone material or increasing it in another way:
- Complete restoration of all functions of the jaw, even when the atrophy has reached a large volume.
- Makes available quality of the implantation, in which the rods will hold long and reliably.
- Back attractive appearance of the gums, and after prosthetic treatment, and the entire dentition.
- After the rehabilitation period there is a complete disappearance of all of the inconveniences that accompanied the loss of a tooth and bone loss.
However, there are some shortcomings of the procedure, how long recovery phase, the process of operation, the partial restrictions at this time. The increase and increase of bone tissue is a complex long and always the joint work of patient and doctor. Only with concerted action can achieve all the positive effects and the expected results.
Options for bone augmentation in dental implantation
Depending on the condition of the bone of the patient, the expected result and practical skills of physician, can be subjected to various treatments:
- Directed tissue regeneration, otherwise NTR. In the process of NTR the doctor will attach a special membrane. It is made from a biocompatible material and promotes the natural capacity of the tissue. Such a membrane can be resorbable or not. After installing it sewed up the wound and wait a certain period until the bone will grow to the desired size.
- Infusion of bone block. When replanting bone block is used most often a piece of bone of the patient. It is usually taken from the chin. It turns out the two wounds that is considered a disadvantage of the procedure. But such a graft survives better and it does not happen rejection. This bone screw special screws in the right place, compacted flakes or pellets, and sew up the membrane. It will prevent them from leaching and will contribute to a quick recovery. Another disadvantage of the implantation of the bone block is considered to be the duration and the procedure several times. After initially doing two injuries, and then also do an additional operation to remove the membranes and the implantation pin.
- Sinus lift.
Whichever of the options of bone grafting no was selected, the operation goes through certain stages, to which the patient should be mentally prepared:
- Mandatory testing of health sets the level of atrophy by x-rays. The blood with the expanded interpretation. After all, the operation should only be carried out in the absence of any contraindications.
- Anesthesia. Most frequently chosen local anesthesia, but in rare cases, sensitivity or sensibility of the patient, the doctor may choose and light General anesthesia.
- Supraspinous incision is made flap, which exposed the rest of the natural bone. The doctor can further diagnose the condition and dimensions of atrophy. Accordingly, select the right material for building and an adequate amount of.
- Further there is the procedure itself, which will differ depending on the method selected plastics.
- After all the manipulations the doctor must suture the bone with mounted components and to protect the wound. For this procedure most often with absorbable thread, so your stitches will be unnecessary.
After the surgery, the dentist will advise on what can be done and what should not be allowed. Adhere to these recommendations it is very important to avoid any consequences.
If the operation is successful, the rehabilitation period will last up to a month. The first week you also need to drink painkillers and anti-inflammatories.
This is the most popular procedure done in two ways – open and closed. Which one is better to choose the doctor shall decide on the basis of diagnostics of bone condition.
In this case make a mechanical lifting of the maxillary sinus, so that under it it was possible to build up the necessary tissue. But this method is used only if you want to increase it by 1-2 mm, not more. Another limitation to conduct closed operation is the absence of two teeth in a row.
Otherwise is either open procedure or chosen a completely different method of bone grafting.
Indications for the sinus lift procedure are:
- The absence of any abnormalities in the place of the procedure.
- A certain volume of bone tissue for making the necessary manipulations.
- In the diagnosis of the patient’s health is not discovered anything that could cause complications after surgery.
It is also important to ensure that the patient did not have the following problems:
- The presence of several septa in the sinuses.
- Polyps in the corresponding zone.
- Constant runny nose for various reasons.
- Sinusitis in any form.
- Destroyed or weak bones.
- Previous surgical interventions in the maxillary sinuses.
- Bad habits the patient in the form of frequent Smoking.
Sinus-lifting is a complex operation that you do only in extreme cases. Carry out the following manipulation:
- The doctor drills a hole in the wall of the maxillary sinus, being careful not to touch the mucosa in this case.
- Very shell is lifted to the desired height.
- All the open space is filled with a special material that will stimulate the bone graft.
- The wound was closed and sutured, restoring all that had been shifted during the operation.
Only with time, when the tissue has grown to the desired size, produce implantation.
Quite different is a closed sinus lifting which becomes available, the immediate installation of implants simultaneously with implantation of tissue. The procedure is convenient because it is carried out at a time. There are the following stages:
- Initially, prepare a bone bed where to set the rod to the implant. The size should be 1-2 mm to reach the maxillary sinus.
- Using the special tool and one tap, the doctor slips into the fragment, thereby lifting the mucosa to the desired height.
- Through this hole injected osteoplastic material and simultaneously set the stem of the implant.
While tissue healing and the formation of gums, the patient can offer to use a plastic, temporary construction that will simulate the tooth row at a time until you create and install permanent implants.
Though, this procedure is considered to be more simple, affordable and least traumatic for the patient, at the wrong can be some unpleasant consequences:
- Damage to the nasal sinuses, leading to chronic runny nose.
- Possible ceasing of the whole structure in depth, will be followed by her forced removal.
- The occurrence of inflammation in the maxillary region, which will have to cure and then re-implantation procedure.
To avoid this, the patient must strictly follow all the rules:
- To give up Smoking.
- To hold back when sneezing and coughing, try not to do it, and do not blow the nose intensely.
- To avoid colds, as they will lead to serious complications.
- Not at the time of rehabilitation from solid, cold and hot food.
- Not to visit a bath or sauna, dive under water or to engage in any sports where there is a possibility of injury.
- Not to make air travel.
If you ignore such recommendations, it is possible to hurt yourself, is to move the design or make the inflammation. Will have to get all of the foreign body, which appeared to cure the problem and carry out the procedure again.
What materials are used?
Each of these plastics used grafts. They can be:
- The bone tissue of the patient, taken from a healthy part of the body. Choose a rib, iliac bone, but is most often used by the protuberances or hills of the upper jaw, and a small area of the chin.
- An allograft taken from a donor, which acts as a different person. Though usually for this purpose take cadaver bone, which is further treated. Such a graft survives longer and harder, but any risks are almost eliminated.
- Xenograft – solid tissue of animal origin. This is a more affordable option, but healing may also be delayed.
- Alloplast – artificial materials that can completely replace a living tissue, with well acclimatized and rarely cause rejection. For these purposes hydroxyapatite and any of its derivatives.
Video: about building up bone tissue.
How much is the surgery?
The price for such complicated procedures will largely depend on the clinic and the selected method of grafting. In addition, the price may include all materials used, as well as the implantation procedure if it is performed simultaneously with the sinus lift, for example.
Focusing on the price of the Moscow private clinics, the average cost ranges from 150 to 450 dollars for the operation itself. But you can find a variety of events, special offers and discounts. More important in this case not the price, but the quality of the doctor.
I had to do a transplant of the bone blocks so as to set the desired implants was not for that – not enough bone. The operation was successful, but there was some discomfort after it – swelling, pain, bruising.
I had the choice to put small implants or to conduct bone augmentation. I chose the second option. The doctor offered to do the procedure sinus lift, wherein at the same time I installed the studs for implants. It was very convenient and fast.
Since I could not decide whether to make the implants, there was bone loss. The result had to agree to the increase. After enduring over three months of several surgeries, I finally had a beautiful and strong teeth.