Breath of the child: causes of bad odor
Many parents want their kid was always the most healthy and strong. If you experience any alarming symptoms, it becomes a cause for concern. Unfortunately, there are many factors, which are the source of alarming symptoms. One of such is a sign that there is a bad breath in a child. This phenomenon it is necessary to diagnose, even for such unpleasant harmless manifestation might be «hiding» a serious disease.
If the child has a unpleasant smell from a mouth
Newborn baby smell of milk. A similar aroma occurs in a nursing infant. This is due to the fact that a developing organism is particularly active in supporting the work of the lactic acid bacteria. They produced waste products inhibit bad smell. However, with age, when a child’s diet are introduced fishing lures, he begins to adapt and evolve according to the required standards, or fails in the work of the child’s body because of any pathological changes, parents may experience the unpleasant odor emanating from the mouth of the child.
This phenomenon in medicine called helicos, aka halitosis. This term denotes a condition in which an adult or child bad breath or smells of fetid breath.
What is the cause of the smell
Depending on what the etiology of the development of this symptom, we can distinguish varieties of halitosis and the reasons that gave its beginning.
|Kind of exudes the smell of pus|
|Possible causes||Most often provokes a similar symptom of a developing disease of the nasopharynx. This is especially often in the presence of a white plaque, and purulent a proside on tonsils child. Depending on the pathogen, it is possible to allocate the following reasons:
|Additional symptoms||In addition to the bad breath and the causes that provoked it, we can identify a number of these additional symptoms:
|Which doctor should I contact||Once the parents see the similar clinical manifestation, you should immediately contact the pediatrician and ENT doctor.|
|Kind of a tangy smell — putrid smell|
|Possible causes||This phenomenon is considered to be the most common among all the varieties of smell. To serve him can such etiology:
|Additional symptoms||Besides the fact that the baby halitosis, may occur, and additional symptoms, namely:
|Which doctor should I contact||First visit of a dentist if the cause of bad breath in a child not dental problems, be sure to visit a pediatrician for the purpose of passing diagnosis and identification of precipitating factor|
|Kind of a tangy smell acid smell|
|Possible causes||Disturbing bad breath in infants or older child may have the following etiologies:
|Additional symptoms||As additional symptoms include such symptoms:
|Which doctor should I contact||For the correct diagnosis and identify why there was an unpleasant smell from the mouth of a child, it is necessary to pass survey at the doctor-gastroenterologist and pass the necessary tests|
|Kind of a tangy smell — the smell of acetone|
|Possible causes||If the baby appears like a symptom, it is a very good reason for concern, because to cause an increase of atsenton in blood can the following factors:
Causes the unpleasant odor can be associated with such diseases:
|Additional symptoms||To suspect that something is wrong happening in the child’s body, and will help additional symptoms such:
|Which doctor should I contact||If you start to appear such signs, you should immediately consult a doctor. In the case of suspected acetoneiso syndrome should immediately call the ambulance and medics arrive to drink little warm water. As diagnosis can be proposed, such a survey:
Further, on the basis of the received data is further medical tactics.
|Kind of a tangy smell — the smell of rotten eggs|
|Possible causes||There was a strong smell from the mouth may due to the following factors:
|Additional symptoms||Clinical severity can be such characteristics:
|Which doctor should I contact||As the primary treatment you can consult a gastroenterologist and be tested and to be diagnosed|
As you can see there are many reasons for bad breath in children. Many of them are connected with disturbances in the body, which should be removed by medical treatment, and use as adjunctive therapy for traditional methods.
Possible therapeutic measures
Depending on why there was a horrible or pungent smell exudes from the mouth of children, you can turn to such treatments.
A sour smell
The purpose of medical treatment is based on the basis of the results of the analysis and the identified pathology.
Sometimes therapy can take place in a hospital. If the root cause of the odor is a yeast infection, you can use the following traditional methods:
- Brew 1 tsp. of dry powdered chamomile in 1 Cup of boiling water for half an hour and after cooling the solution to wipe the baby’s mouth several times a day.
- Cook about 20 grams. calendula and make a decoction in 200 ml of boiling water. After he hour cook, drain and cool. Wipe the mouth up to 6 times per day.
Therapy can be based on the following principles:
- observed dietary nutrition;
- the mouth can be rinsed with sage;
- adhere to hygiene measures;
- in case of stomatitis, it is eliminated with the help of special ointments;
- treatment of the oral cavity with caries;
- in case of respiratory infections eliminates the source of the disease.
The smell of rotten eggs
Drug drug drug is prescribed according to the cause of the appearance of unpleasant mouth odor. As a folk treatments for gastritis (if there is a disease), you can use these recipes:
- Fresh cabbage juice twice a day 1 hour before meals.
- Acacia honey is a great remedy. Should take it during 1 month in the morning on an empty stomach: 1 tsp, washed down with warm boiled water.
As the main therapeutic actions may be taken such therapy:
- when sinusitis is pumped the pus from the paranasal sinuses;
- the nasal cavity is washed by special agents or water diluted with sea salt, if necessary, is treatment with nasal drugs;
- throat flapping medicinal solutions or apply medication in the form of a spray;
- used antibacterial drugs.
The smell of acetone
The treatment is carried out according to the established diagnosis. At an elevated level of acetone in the blood can be assigned to such recommendations:
- to stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids, this helps eliminate foul-smelling breath;
- efficient aqueous-alkaline diet;
- for the normalization of the stomach can receive enzymes;
- not to use child fried, salty, sour, spicy, fatty food.
Recommendations to parents
To prevent the child’s unpleasant mouth odor, you need to adhere to preventive measures:
- Start brushing the teeth is necessary since the appearance of the first tooth. With this, you can buy a special nozzle on your finger and carry out hygienic actions.
- To try to protect the child from any stressful stimuli, not to provoke a nervous overstrain.
- To enter into the diet foods must be strictly by age. The menu should be balanced and useful, containing a sufficient amount of calcium and phosphorus.
- Dehydration is one of the causes of the drying of oral mucosa, and as a consequence explanation of why the child’s smell from the mouth. For this it is necessary to keep drinking regime according to age of the baby.
- The mouth and tongue should be cleaned with a piece of gauze or a special brush. In infancy, you can often find thrush on tongue, to eliminate the effective use of cleansing cranberry juice.
- Explain to your child that a large consumption of sweets is not only bad for teeth but also for the whole organism. This point must be to understand and the parents.
- As soon as the baby gets older, you need to teach him how to properly brush your teeth, and most importantly regularly.
- Once a year to visit all the doctors for early detection of any disease. The list of medical inspection visit to the dentist is necessary.
If the child has bad breath an unpleasant aroma, it is necessary to pay attention to this problem and to visit a doctor to undergo diagnosis and treatment. Whether toddler or teenager, you need to be attentive to all children’s problems and not to ignore «the signal».