Bugel prosthesis: views of mount microsemi, with clasps
Immediate dentures are a convenient, relatively inexpensive and durable designs. In connection with the presence of many positive qualities, they are successfully used in modern medicine. Clasp in dentistry, what is it? The Foundation creates a special molded semi-circular arc, which is often made of metal. On the plastic basis are artificial teeth. Reliable fixation is carried out due to supporting a person’s teeth.
Materials for prosthetics
Clasp dentures are made of reliable, durable, low allergenic materials
- Metal. Reference arc poured from chromium-cobalt based alloy. It is highly reliable. However, it may not be suitable for persons with allergies.
- A gold and platinum alloy is seldom used in connection with the cost. A great advantage is the absence of allergic reactions to this metal connection.
Bugel prosthesis are fixed with the help of a healthy human tooth. In most cases, this support molars or incisors. They before the prosthesis are covered with protective crowns. Most often, which are made of sintered metal or ceramic.
Kinds of designs
The options that can offer podiatrist:
- Clasp dentures with clasps are the easiest and old method of prosthetics. Klammer from German literally translates as, clothespin or clip. Special hooks called clasps. They are tightly wrapped around the abutment teeth on both sides. Fastening with the help of klamer is one of the most prevalent designs. This type is quite reliable and economical. The locking hooks are made from the same material as the main arc. Disadvantages of immediate dentures with clasps: low aesthetics and visibility. During a conversation, laughter, sneezing, visually visible metal spikes, the necks of the teeth;
- Clasp dentures with precision fastenings much stronger counterpart on the clasps. Have great aesthetics, but are much more expensive. Set up fairly often. Attachmen – account for the fixation on microsemi. They do not have external visible signs. One part of the fastening is hidden under the denture. The other is fixed on the supporting crowns. Due to the reliability of locks, is uniform physiological load on the mucosa of the gums and teeth. There are 3 construction types: transom, spherical, rail. The type and form locking fixing of the future prosthesis, is selected depending on the availability of the individual case and the financial ability of the patient;
- Dentures on telescopic crowns are the most modern. Are characterized by high aesthetics, reliability, convenience, physiology. However, they are quite expensive. It applies if you have multiple natural abutment teeth. For the implementation of prosthesis, it is necessary to hold the maximum turning of the support. On top of the teeth cores wear special telescopic crowns. In the future, clasp dental prosthesis is securely fixed due to them;
- Clasp dentures on implants allow the dentures fully edentulous (absence of all teeth). To perform orthopedic activities start after installing and the full implantation of special implants in bone tissue;
- Splinting designs are used to strengthen teeth with periodontal disease. They help to reduce the load on the gums and mucous membrane of the mouth during eating. Also realize a reliable fixation of the teeth in the mouth, save them from further loosening.
The types of partial dentures vary in cost, complexity of manufacture, the materials used.
The work of specialists
The whole stage of prosthetics can be divided into three parts:
- Preparation of the oral cavity. Consists of rehabilitation of chronic foci of infection. Dentist performs treatment of caries, pulpitis, periodontitis. Hygienist and periodontist providing training to the gums. The surgeon removes completely destroyed the roots of dead teeth. Pre-preparation depends on the condition of the oral cavity in this patient.
- The work of the orthopedic surgeon during the first visit, lies in the choice of design and its mounting. The specialist picks up the color of the future prosthesis with the scale of Vita. Removes the impression for the fabrication of individual impression spoons.
If a removable partial denture will be installed at the expense of telescopic crowns, the necessary preliminary preparation. It is the turning of the abutment teeth and further covering them with crowns. When attaching dentures with clasps and with precision fastenings must cover the abutment teeth metal-ceramic crowns.
During the second visit of the patient, the orthopedic surgeon removes the impression for fabrication of the prosthesis. Following visits will be carried out by direct fitting. The original design consists of a frame and the wax basis with artificial teeth. The finished prosthesis is fixed in the latest visit.
- Work of a dental technician is without the presence of the patient. It lies in the manufacture of impression spoons, plaster models of jaws, a wax bite rollers. After the necessary fittings in the laboratory simulated a wax model of the prosthesis, then cast frame made of metal. On the molded frame of the simulated wax prosthetic base wax with the set of artificial teeth. After the final fitting, the technician replaces the wax with a plastic basis. Performs a thorough processing of the product, which includes: polishing and grinding.
In the manufacture of clasp dentures may need 5 – 6 visits of the patient. By the time it takes 3 to 6 weeks ( production time depend on the chosen design, and will be covered by crowns abutment teeth or no) Pre-treatment is conducted individually and is not included in the total time of prosthesis.
Bugel prosthesis are many advantages:
- A long warranty period. In most cases, the reliability of the frame provides stable operation over 8 – 10 years. Prolonged use of the prosthesis is possible the abrasion of artificial teeth on the denture, possible cosmetic fix, which takes about 2 – 3 days. If necessary, the dentist, the podiatrist can correction of the prosthesis. Good clinics provide warranty service and are responsible for the quality of their work. If since the production of immediate dentures less than a year, the service is free of charge.
- Fast adaptive period after installation. In most cases, the adaptation takes less than a week. Designs are compact, lightweight, almost not felt in the mouth;
- Ease of removal of the prosthesis helps to exercise complete care of the oral cavity;
- Secure locking ensures that no loss of the denture while eating, talking, sneezing;
- Uniform load distribution on the gums and reduces the possibility of development of atrophic processes in the bony system;
- Clasp prosthesis on telescopic crowns with precision fastenings and distinct beauty and high aesthetics. In appearance they do not differ from natural teeth;
Indications for installation
Common indications for use clasp prostheses are:
- The absence of teeth in chewing departments as the lower and upper jaws
- The impossibility of staging implants and the future is not a removable prosthesis
- Can’t use other orthopedic structures
Obvious contraindications are: fully edentulous, the absence of at least four abutment teeth, allergic reactions to metal, oncological, mental, physical illness. Relative contraindications include: the presence of infectious processes in the oral cavity, dental caries, periodontitis, pulpitis. After the total sanitation of foci of infection, partial denture becomes possible.
A unilateral partial denture is an option in the absence of one or more teeth on the right or left side of the jaw in case of impossibility of setting of the implants.
The service life of the prosthesis ranges from 5 to 10 years. After installation, a person goes through an adaptive period. Thanks to the reliable fixing and small size, people quickly get used to a foreign body in the mouth. However, some people may experience:
- Increased salivation;
- Dryness of the mouth;
- A metallic taste;
- The diction.
As addiction, all the unpleasant sensations disappear. Dentures carry a uniform load distribution during eating. In the first week after installation, it is recommended to abandon the consumption of solid food. Liquid eat pureed meals. In the future, be sure to gradually introduce solid foods. After full habituation, the act of chewing will be done painlessly and naturally. A great advantage of dentures is that they do not need to remove for the night.
Partial dentures do not need a difficult and specialized care. After a meal it is necessary to remove and clean the food residue with clean water and a toothbrush. Rinse mouth thoroughly with water or a special mouthwash. This procedure will reduce the risk of infections in the oral cavity.
Cleaned partial dentures can be removable with application of special paste without abrasives. The brush should be with soft bristles. Allow the dentures in a special solution, which is designed to care for removable dentures. It can be purchased ready-made or be purchased in the form of soluble tablets. Chemical liquid will disinfect the surface of the structure, will reduce the risk of corrosion processes. Use disinfecting preparations according to the instructions.
Every 6 months, you need to come for a visit to the podiatrist. He will inspect the prosthesis, if necessary remove visible defects, and will hold a professional restoration. Defective care, Smoking, drinking large quantities of strong tea, coffee can cause rapid wear of the structure.
The article describes one of the ways of modern prosthetics. Answer to frequently asked question: what is a denture? Types and methods of manufacture of orthopedic structures. The General guidelines for the care and reduction of period of adjustment after installation.