Burst flux: what to do with an erupting flux
Many patients with abscess tormented by the question of what to do if you run out of flux? In dentistry there are many different complex diseases. One of them is the flux. In medical terminology it is possible to meet its other name – the abscess, usually referred to as doctors-dentists. So what is it?
Flux is a disease that occurs when the teeth goes untreated or in the oral cavity became infected during treatment. The abscess occurs in the gums and palate. Sometimes it can appear in hard to reach places. With regard to the appearance of flux – it is a blister, red or whitish. Such education gives the patient a lot of discomfort: it hurts, swells and ruins the aesthetics of the face. And especially the last paragraph bothers women. Flux can develop in both adults and children. The cause of the disease may become cavities, as it also is infection. The abscess must be treated, otherwise it will grow into chronic or acute illness. Treatment should be professional, not only self-healing folk remedies.
The causes of periostitis
Like any other disease, causes of flux and factors of its occurrence quite a lot. Mostly all of them are infectious in nature, so we can distinguish one main reason is the infection. The abscess can cause not only caries but also periodontal disease, pulpitis and even Tartar or plaque.
Let us consider what may appear fluxing blister:
- Flux can appear in the pocket of the gum in the result of the disease types of angina, furunculosis, flu.
- Injuries to the mouth or jaw, mucous membrane of the mouth.
- Forgotten ARSENICAL seal, which has long been time to remove. It can cause the appearance of the pulp, and in consequence of periostitis.
- The introduction of drugs through injections. Through a gap in the delicate tissues of the mouth can get infected and cause the onset of blister.
At the first sign of the abscess should immediately consult a doctor and start treatment, or harmful germs can destroy the tooth and even bone.
If the cause of the flux was the pulpit, one can observe the following developments. Inflammation of the pulp causes severe pain, but after a while it dies out and torment cease. Here lies the main danger. The patient may think that he is healthy, but the inflammation goes unnoticed for him. After the death of the pulp is very difficult to detect and diagnose this inflammation, as it develops in a hidden form. First the infection attacks the root of the tooth, the pus accumulates there. The danger is that when the amount of purulent mass reaches the limit, the infection aktiviziruyutsya and strikes directly the bone of the jaw.
Symptoms of periostitis
To confuse with any other disease of the flux is simply impossible. When infection periodontitis affects the tooth at its base on the gums appears a blister or swelling red. Then it can turn white as the growth and formation of pus inside.
When you touch the blister there is a sharp pain. The tumor begins to grow rapidly, spreads to the gum tissue, where it appeared, and also on the tissues of the cheeks. May eventually significant swelling of the face, the whole cheek or lip, depending on the location of the flux. In the complicated form of the disease is swollen nose, lower eyelids, chin.
So, what is the symptoms of periostitis?
- Fever, fever, fever. Possible blood poisoning.
- Toothache. It is especially noticeable when brushing your teeth, during meals, when the temperature changes (if you drink very cold water).
- The pain may be given in other parts of the body. Headache, pain in the ears, nose, eyes.
Lack of treatment can lead to advanced forms of periodontitis. Flux can be applied not only on face but also on neck. Condenses the jaw bone, it increases in volume. The infection enters the bloodstream, poisoning her. This can lead to death. Phase of infection, abscess of the entire body, when the pus leaves the place of its origin and is no longer localized, in medicine called fegmania.
Flux may appear not only on gums but also on the sky. Do not think that this is a common blister, you can be sure that this is a manifestation of Periodica, if you notice a lump on the sky. It is absolutely true that the flux occurs in the roots of the teeth, but have teeth with long roots. The roots of the upper teeth go far to the sky, so the flux can be expressed there.
In the dental facility for diagnostic x-ray flux used. This is the most effective way to detect and correctly identify the disease.
What to do if you burst a blister abscess
The growth, inflammation of the blister may suddenly break. But, remember that you can squeeze yourself in any case impossible. If the abscess has burst – it can be called a good incident, as the pus breaking out, not left in the tissue and blood. The patient’s state of health drastically improves as the inflammation goes away. The temperature is reduced to normal. However, the doctor still needs to address to avoid re-infection through the wound left after the rupture of the flux.
First aid before turning to the dentist, you can provide yourself. To do this:
- Rinse your mouth with clean, filtered water at room temperature. You can do this using a soda solution to disinfect the wound. To prepare this solution, take a glass of warm pure water, preferably boiling, and dissolve in a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Do not eat before going to the doctor, so food particles don’t hit in the gap.
However, it so happens that there is no possibility to go to the dentist. In this case, consider the following treatment strategies:
- The above-described rinse the mouth soda solution after every meal.
- Buy solutions T and Chlorohexidine and treat them a wound during the day, rinse your mouth.
- Take painkillers to improve health and reduce discomfort. You can use any painkillers, which you used to take. For example, ibuprofen, Nurofen, nimesil, efferalgan, cetanol and others.
- If you receive pain from the heat, take antipyretics that contain acetaminophen.
- Very effectively helps with the flux Maraslavin. Them rinse your mouth before going to sleep, and at night apply flux with a cotton swab dipped in this solution. Hold 20 minutes, then remove. In any case, do not sleep with a tampon in your mouth, otherwise you might swallow it in her sleep or choke. Treatment Maraslavin – 3 to 5 days.
As soon as you will have the opportunity to go to the dentist, make sure to do it. After rupture of the blister flux is very important to remove the affected tissue and to seal the channel.
Dental abscess in children
The abscess often appears in children, mostly in age range from 6 to 9 years. This is the time when baby teeth fall out and grow native. Through the wound, which is formed after the loss of a tooth can penetrate the infection and to form on the gums flux.
Many parents make a big mistake when do not lead the child to the doctor and trying to cure the abscess on your own, using different rinsing solutions and infusions. The flux that develops in a child is a signal that your baby’s teeth started and immediately go to the dentist to avoid complications. Periostitis can progress and affect the jawbone and the root of the new tooth. In the end, the lesser evil would be the loss of a molar tooth, and the highest blood poisoning.
Parents should not be afraid to lead your child to the dentist, even if the child himself is afraid of it. We need to teach children to oral hygiene, so it may become a habit, an integral part of their life and also the child should get used to periodic trips to the dentist. It so happens that people in the childhood was afraid to go to the dentist, and the parents, feeling sorry for him, not forced to do this. Then, when the child grew up and became an adult, the fear left him and he just continues to ignore the dentist, even when self-medication is not just useless, but also reckless. Therefore, the education of the child in this respect is incredibly important.
Caries in children’s teeth need to be treated, even if the teeth are still milk. Caries is an infection, which means it will not work, when a tooth will just fall out. It will apply to molar, and in the worst case you will get into the wound and draw out the abscess, which will take a chronic form. Flux is very difficult to treat, and in its chronic form, the complexity of the treatment is doubled.
Before visiting doctor, children also can rinse your mouth with solutions of salt or baking soda. These traditional remedies eliminate the pain, disinfect and reduce inflammation.
Treatment flux (periodontitis) the gums
Flux can be treated independently in the early stages, if temporarily there is no possibility to visit the dentist.
Flux can be treated with medicines. Usually use antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, antihistamines. Medications usually are prescribed by a doctor for a prescription. However, some of them you can buy without a prescription at the pharmacy, if you believe in the effect of these pharmaceuticals.
Medicines should be taken strictly on the basis of the attached instructions. Not abuse them. Do not reduce and do not increase the dose and course of treatment. The most common are the following medications:
- Flemoksin Soljutab.
- Yunidoks Solutab.
Prevention of abscess
Preventive treatments are not be difficult:
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Can three after each meal. Do it carefully. Don’t forget to floss.
- Watch at the dentist. Properties every 6 months.
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, especially apples and carrots.
- Eliminate sweets, sugar, or limit consumption. This affects the tooth enamel and destroys it, as well as to create a favorable environment for bacteria.
- Change your toothbrush at least every 3 months. If you use a brush for a long time, it not only loses its firmness and bad cleaning, but it also can breed harmful bacteria that provoke the infection.
Traditional medicine in the fight against periodontitis
Folk remedies can’t cure the flux. They can only alleviate a patient’s condition before he or she sees a doctor and provide medical treatment. Here are some ways that can help with the appearance of flux:
- Cook a decoction of St. John’s wort, sage, oak bark. Rinse your mouth 10-12 times a day.
- Sage and iris root boil. The resulting broth rinse in the same way as in the previous method of treatment.
- Pain can take an infusion of sage, mustard and Segalovich. Boil the plants do not need. Just pour boiling water and leave to infuse. You can then rinse with tincture or apply compresses with a cotton swab.