Can the flux pass on its own if he is not sick
In the event of pathology of mouth, people are wondering whether the flux to pass? To give the correct answer, you need to know about the disease in detail. About the causes of periostitis, methods of treatment and prevention will tell that story.
Briefly about the disease
Periostitis — periosteum inflammation. In people, the pathology is called flux. The disease threat may cause complications that threaten the life and health of the person. Causes of disease:
- Bad oral hygiene;
- The presence of mouth multiple carious processes;
- Poorly treated teeth. Inadequate treatment of pulpitis, periodontitis. This applies to those cases where the root canals are not sealed to the top, bad conduct antiseptic treatment. In the cavity space formed roots remain pathogenic microorganisms. Conditions are favorable for the development of inflammation;
- Injury of the jaw;
- Periodontitis. The infection enters the bone via enhanced periodontal pockets;
- Incorrect tooth extraction. Violation of sterility when surgical manipulation can cause inflammation. To reduce the rate of complications after removal in some cases, the dentist will appoint the administration of antibacterial drugs;
- The presence of systemic infections: sinusitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis. In this case, the flux has a vertical development. The infection penetrates into the periosteum of the neighboring organs and tissues with the help of blood or lymph.
Complications of flux: the inevitable tooth extraction, sinusitis, abscess, phlegmon, sepsis. Periostitis can lead to a state where human life will be under threat. Remember this when you have the first symptoms of the disease, and you decide to do self help on their own.
Usually the acute form of abscess is severe. The following can be observed:
- Reducing the overall health;
- Bad breath;
- Swollen lymph nodes;
- Pain when touching the tooth, the roots of which develops inflammation. Initially the discomfort tolerable, later the pain intensified, and there are no mechanical or thermal influence on the unit;
- The formation of edema. It is localized on the gums near the affected tooth. Early in the disease lumpy little. Within 2 -3 days it increases rapidly in size. In the inflammatory process involved soft tissue. There is swelling of the face, lips, neck;
- Raising the body temperature. In advanced stages of abscess fever reaching 39 — 40 °C;
- Malnutrition. Pain and swelling interfere with eating, difficulty chewing;
- Sometimes on the gums appears fistula. It is a protective mechanism of the human body and combines the focus of inflammation with the oral cavity. Natural abnormal tunnel the outflow of purulent and serous fluid.
When it detects the first signs of periostitis immediately seek qualified help. In the early stages of the disease, there are many chances to have a successful treatment and keep the tooth unit. Prolonged waiting, the significant spread of the inflammation to resort to surgery. The likelihood of tooth loss and complications in this case is very high.
After a short introduction in pathology, you can give the answer to the above question. The flux cannot pass through. Even if the symptoms will subside for a time, it does not mean that the body coped with abscess. Most likely the flux acquired chronic. The inflammatory process is still present in the human body. Under favorable factors, it will manifest itself dangerous symptoms. The presence of chronic foci of infection reduces the protective functions of the body, provokes the development of pathological processes of the oral cavity and nose.
After people discover they have dangerous symptoms, you must consult a doctor. The clinic will examine, will direct the x — rays. On the basis of his doctor will establish a diagnosis and determine treatment methods. If the visit is made in time and the inflammatory process is localized only at the roots, carry out a therapeutic treatment method.
- Cleansing the dental caries from the affected units. If the tooth has been treated, removed filling material.
- Opening of root canals: cleaning nekrotizirovannah pulp, extraction of gutta-percha;
- Conduct antiseptic treatment;
- The doctor leaves the cavity open to the purulent contents of the source of infection came to light.
- After manipulation, the doctor prescribes the patient treatment rinse. The patient should perform them at home for 7 -9 times per day. Water-soda-salt solution is optimal for treatment. It is very easy to make and are in every home. Take 1 Cup of water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and soda, stir.
Rinsing you can also make infusions and decoctions of herbs and flowers: calendula, chamomile, sage, oak bark.
Together with therapeutic rinses prescribed antibiotics. Drugs aimed at the inhibition of pathogenic microflora, which promotes inflammation.
If the body temperature reaches 38. 5 °C is prescribed antipyretics: Paracetamol, Ibuprofen.
- The next time you visit the doctor evaluates the trend of declining infectious process. With proper therapy after 2 to 3 days after the primary therapy provided that the patient’s condition improves. The temperature is eliminated, the swelling decreases, the pain disappears.
During several subsequent visits, the dentist performs antiseptic processing of root canals. After the signs of inflammation disappear completely, in the cavity put a special medication. The tooth is closed with a temporary filling. Kind of a sick unit requires the observation. Avoid: mechanical impact on the affected tooth, trauma, viral infections, hypothermia.
- If negative developments occur, the symptoms of periostitis are not available, carry out the filling of root canals with gutta-percha and filling pastes. In a follow-up visit restore the crown units of chemical or light composite.
It should be noted that treatment of periodontitis therapy is not painful, but very long. At the first visit in some cases recommended the use of local anesthesia.
If therapeutic methods have no effect resort to surgical ways to address the issue. These include: tooth extraction, periosteum.
Pristatome performed under local anesthesia. After the action of the drug, the surgeon makes an incision in the gums and periosteum. The cavity is installed rubber drainage system. Through it purulent contents is extracted in the oral cavity. The patient should observe a thorough oral hygiene, avoid touching the affected side, conduct antiseptic treatment solutions for at least 7 — 9 times a day. At high temperatures take antipyretic drugs.
After surgery it is forbidden to take Aspirin because of the risk of bleeding. Parallel to prescribe antibiotics. Drugs of choice: Amoxicillin, Tsifran, Ampioks, Azithromycin, Lincomycin. The dosage, frequency and length of treatment determined by the physician.
It is strictly forbidden to take drugs of this group themselves. It is important to strictly follow the recommendations of a specialist. If the active substance is chosen incorrectly or the dose is too small, it will lead to further development of the infection, the disease will progress. When interruption of treatment early, the bacteria will become resistant to the medication and the disease complicated. Treatment with antibiotics more than prescribed time can cause the formation of superinfection side effects of the drug. When the running situations in addition to the incision and remove the affected tooth.
It can be dangerous
As it became clear, wait for the miraculous healing of a flux is not necessary. There are factors that can trigger inflammation and lead to complications.
It is strictly forbidden:
- Warm the affected area. Some people apply hot salt to bumps on the gums, swelling, lay on a heating pad. It can’t be made. Heat leads to the activation of pathogenic flora, accelerates the process of inflammation;
- Independently carry out the operation. Sick of trying to open the cavity of the sharp objects: needles, knife, scissors. This is very dangerous and painful. Manipulation of non-sterile objects will cause the worsening of inflammation, can lead to blood poisoning;
- Self-prescribe antibiotics;
- Long-term use painkillers. This will lead to that dentist for the anesthetic will be weak;
- Cannot be applied to the bumps on the gum onion or garlic pulp. This will provoke a burn of the mucosa. This action will aggravate the disease process, will bring pain.
Antiseptic gargle, traditional methods are effective only as adjunct to primary treatment. Without the presence of the outflow of the inflammatory exudate from the site of infection they do not have sufficient performance. Rinsing can be a little slow process, but to eliminate it completely will not.
Prevention of flux
To treat an abscess yourself fail. But it can be avoided. To reduce development of pathology should:
- Dental treatment from approved specialists in good clinics. Should be addressed: caries, pulpitis, periodontitis, periodontitis;
- To make high-quality oral hygiene;
- To carry out reorganization of foci of chronic infection of all organs and systems;
- Diet, reduce the amount of harmful products: chips, candy, sodas, popcorn;
- To increase the immunity method of hardening;
- To undergo a preventive examination at the dentist every 6 — 7 months.
If the person was in trouble, and he was faced with such dangerous disease, as a flux, not worth the wait. The pathology will not disappear on their own. It will invariably progress and lead to complications. To keep healthy, do not delay your visit to the dentist. Ask for help when it detects the first symptoms. Fear not, with timely treatment the doctor will resort to painless therapeutic techniques and will help to save the tooth.