Candida glossitis: treatment
Disease Candida glossitis is a fairly common ailment, which should not delay treatment.
Infectious disease characterized by a fungal infection in his language, the appearance of which is caused by a yeast belonging to the Candida family. These hostile microorganisms often appear on the mucous membrane of an organ, in particular in the oral cavity on mucous language. Usually, these fungi develop on the linguistic epithelium, which is prone to erosion. Especially glossitis occurs often in elderly women and young children, particularly newborns. Explains this phenomenon by the fact that people in this age category have a very low immune system, and it says that all the protective functions of the body can not cope with all sorts of pathogenic organisms, thus exposing him to a variety of factors that are aggressive it is exposed.
Of course, for the early detection of signs of presence of data on fungi, to create panic is not necessary. The fact that even a healthy person has in its mouth a huge number of different bacterial, viral and fungal microbes that quite easily develop not giving him any problems. If a person has a strong immune system, these microorganisms are under the control of beneficial for the body bacteria that is also found in the oral cavity. In the case when the immunity is weakened, harmful germs begin to multiply rapidly, and soon people get various diseases, one of which can be glossitis.
Symptoms of the disease
No matter what the reason for the glossitis. In all cases, the symptoms of the disease are the same.
The most common symptoms are:
- hyperemia, which is characterized by the swelling of the tongue. This process occurs as a result of sudden surges in his blood;
- white or brown cheesy coating on the tongue;
- a feeling of itching and severe burning of the tongue;
- pain secondary character;
- increase and otjinene infected body;
- a speech disorder that appears in the result of the swelling of the body;
- strong salivation;
- sour smell from the mouth;
- the occurrence of ulcers and erosion on the organ.
In addition, the patient may experience the following symptoms:
- General debility of the body;
- the disappearance of appetite.
It should be noted that the acute form of the disease tends to vary, passing into the chronic form. This phenomenon is typical for cases, when the patient had not sought medical attention or violates the rules and regulations of the attending doctor. In the chronic form of any cold can cause the relapse.
When Candida glossitis in a person can appear different complications. The most serious health are:
- the development of anorexia;
- candidal infection of the stomach;
- candidal disease of the esophagus.
The reasons for the development of the disease
The main primary cause of glossitis, as has been said is the penetration of the mouth Candida fungi or quick reproduction of existing pests. So, there are a great many factors that contribute to the development kandidoznogo of glossitis. The most common are the following:
|Infection of contacts.||In this case the fungi enter the body of a healthy person after contact with an infected. For example, germs are transferred to everyday life when the mother feeds her baby breast, kissing, etc.|
|Rules of personal hygiene.||Often people neglect their personal hygiene, thereby not following simple rules that can provide protection from fungal diseases. If you do not follow hygiene rules, there is a great risk of Contracting candidal glossitis. To avoid this, people should brush their teeth and clean brush. This also applies to the utensils, that is, it must be clean washed.|
|Food and water.||Infection can also occur when people drink dirty water and eat foods that have been spread in the structure of pathogenic microflora.|
|Medical malpractice.||Often, to become infected in hospital facility when doctors or nurses neglect precautions. This could happen when blood donation and its transfusion, in compliance with the staff rules of hygiene or the use of unsterile medical instruments.|
|Immunity.||The most common cause of this disease is the violation of correct operation of the immune system.|
In addition to these factors contributing to the development of the disease there are other reasons that relate to crisis situations. Among such reasons are:
- different stresses of increased activity;
- old age, when a man suffers dozens of chronic diseases;
- violation of metabolism in the body, especially in obesity, hypothyroidism, diabetes and problems with the adrenal glands;
- viral diseases such as AIDS, sexually transmitted infections, mononucleosis or the flu;
- many allergic diseases, e.g. permanent or seasonal hay fever, atopic dermatitis or asthma;
- autoimmune dysfunction is scleroderma, dermatomyositis, lupus erythematosus or inflammatory processes of oncologic nature;
- abuse of drugs such as hormones, immunosuppressants, antibiotics, corticosteroids, and many others;
- frequent consumption of strong alcohol beverages or Smoking;
- the deficiency of useful vitamins and minerals.
Diagnosis of the disease
Diagnosis of the disease consists of several major medical events. To date, used to diagnose primary inspection of the oral cavity and laboratory examination of the patient.
The examination of the oral cavity
This procedure is aimed at detecting lesions of the body with an oval or kruglovatoe form. At the epicenter of infection the doctor can see red, with a shiny and smooth surface of erosion. In addition, the doctor can detect whitish scales on the framing of language as well as light plaque and tumor of the organ.
Patients with suspected candidal glossitis prescribe tests that either confirm or refute the diagnosis at the initial examination of the language. In a number of research includes clinical analysis, microscopic analysis of infected tissues and blood for serology.
Clinical tests consist of a total of urine and blood samples. With regard to the microscopic examination, the specialist for the procedure required the epithelium, which is located in the hearth of infection. These biological materials are subjected to careful study under the microscope. If you can detect cells that multiply through pujcovani and have a white colour and round in shape or oval, the doctor confirms the diagnosis of candidal glossitis.
The main purpose of serological blood tests is the detection of elevated titers of antibodies responsible for the production of protective reaction of the body against fungal microorganisms of the family Candida. Today the most common and effective research methods are the reaction of agglutination(RA) or polymerase chain reaction(PCR).
The treatment of the disease
To cure glossitis can be quite successful, meanness getting rid of this problem. But the treatment for this should start as soon as have been identified the first symptoms of the disease and put an affirmative diagnosis. It is also worth noting that the success of the recovery depends on the methods of cure. For fast and more effectively get rid of the disease is necessary to try complex medical events.
The whole complex of treatment consists of several approaches, which include the following steps:
- The procedure of sanitation of the oral cavity and creating an alkaline environment, which helps to eliminate fungal microorganisms.
- An important part of treatment of candidal glossitis are rinsing of the oral cavity. For these purposes, use a variety of solutions antiseptic action. This procedure is performed up to three times a day. The most popular and effective solutions are such medicines as Furatsilin, Rotokan, Miramistin and Chlorhexidine. In the absence of the presented medicines, the patient may replace them with a solution of potassium permanganate, rinse who need to perform up to five times throughout the day. You can also apply solution on the basis of dietary 2% of soda or 1% Clotrimazole.
- In addition to rinse for Candida glossitis patient is assigned a special application, which are made from different drugs having in its composition Exigen. Today, more effective drugs Iodinol is, Genalex and Taste. They are used as applications, which make the infected areas of the tongue and hold for 6-7 minutes.
Treatment of candidal glossitis is done using drugs that are aimed at the destruction of fungal microorganisms. In such cases, the perfect way would be Ketaconazole, Nystatin or fluconazole.
Treatment of erosion and ulcers
If the patient in development of candidal glossitis on the tongue formed a small painful ulcers or erosions, then it is recommended to use different gels and ointments that promote wound healing. For example, for this purpose you can use Solkoseril or Vinylinum.
A positive effect can have a variety of oil-based peach, rosehip or sea buckthorn. If very swollen, the tongue, the patient is given oral antihistamines.
If a person is suffering from Candida glossitis is experiencing severe pain, the treatment of the disease is using painkillers. From a list of such medicines it is possible to allocate Movalis, which take several times a day for 10-15 ml, and Dikloberl taken not more than once a day 150 mg.
One of the important components of treatment for the disease is strengthening the immune system. Therefore, in order for the body to fight the bad microflora the patient is administered vitamins and drugs, which are immunomodulators.
Choice medications and dosage are determined based on the individual characteristics of the patient. But the most effective are considered, such as Interferon and tools of Echinacea. As for vitamins, it is when Candida glossitis is used Watering, Microvit, and many others.
Treatment of candidal glossitis is available through special therapeutic diets. First and foremost, the patient should give up all bakery products and sugar, and other sweets.