Caries in anterior teeth front tooth decay treatment
The development of carious lesions is accompanied by the darkening of tooth enamel from light brown to black in color as a result of influence of pathogenic microflora. Changes in the structure and color of the front incisors is seen more often, because they are located at the center of the smile line. Caries on the front teeth is not only aesthetic imperfection, but dangerous dental condition that requires immediate treatment. So, what if the decay destroys the front teeth? What methods modern medicine offers?
Features of the development
Caries (or decay) of dental hard tissues is ongoing. Carious disease can begin in the depth of the cavity and a long time can proceed in the latent stage. The occurrence of the disease can be people of any nationality, sex and age affiliation. In dentistry treatment of dental caries has a special place in the classification of other clinical situations. With the development of pathological carious lesion, the rot affects the entire structure of the tooth cavity, completely destroying the dentin. Late stages are accompanied by acute pain extensive localization in the maxillary arch because of the defeat of the pulp (soft tissue with nerve endings). The common cause of tooth decay is the failure of adequate oral hygiene and, as a consequence, the deposition of food remains in Mizuno space and on the surface in the form of small food particles or plaque. Differential diagnosis has many classifications, starting from location and spread, ending with the degree of damage and current. Untreated or late treated disease can cause complications, such as periodontitis, gingivitis, pulpitis, until the removal of dental units. For the successful treatment of the disease without special consequences, it is important to react to any symptoms of carious changes.
Etiological signs and symptoms
Causes of interdental caries do not differ from the nature of caries in a different location. In addition to violations of hygienic norms, there are the following factors:
- streptococcal infection;
- wearing braces and other corrective orthodontic fixed structures;
- the presence of dental prostheses;
- pathology in the work or the structure of the salivary glands;
- pregnancy and postlactational period;
- genetic predisposition;
- thin enamel, modified structure;
- traumatic damage to the enamel;
- abnormal bite;
- «bottle» tooth decay in children on artificial feeding.
Other conditions for the occurrence of the disease can be considered as burdened with the clinical history of the patient, the consequences of taking strong drugs of different groups, chemotherapy and radiation for cancer, lack of vitamins and minerals. Of the main signs of tooth decay include:
- pain when exposed to hot or cold foods;
- uneven tooth edges when caries;
- enamel darkening any part of the tooth;
- bad breath (often in the morning);
- the fracture of dentin instrumental examination at the dentist.
Caries in anterior teeth in the initial stage is not always possible to discern without professional help, because the point of localization of carious cavity can occur behind the front tooth. To prevent the formation of a local darkening of the enamel and the possibility of its elimination on the initial stage of development, it is recommended to carry out routine dental checkups at least 2 times a year.
The main classification
Caries on the front teeth can occur in different ways, have different nature and symptomatic picture. For identification of dental caries by clinical signs created by the international classification of dental caries.
The location on the tooth (bleck classification)
Working classification of caries in different parts of tooth ednica in Black has 5 groups. Groups I and II describe the location of the pathological focus on the lateral incisors of the lower jaw and the top of the arc. The rest belong to the definition of the disease on the front teeth:
- Group III. Caries of contact surfaces (lateral part) of incisors and canines without violation of integrity of the crown and the cutting edge.
- Group IV. The process includes the lateral part of the canines and incisors, and also the crown angle and the cutting edge of a dental unit.
- V group. The formation of cavities in pricesavvy all teeth (cervical), but is more common from the anterior teeth on the vestibular surface.
There is also the VI group of the formation of dental caries, Black proposed and approved only after his death. This introduction produced in the dental community a huge impact and created a lot of contradictions. Pathology in the VI group was struck by only the cutting edge of canines and incisors, the cusps of lateral teeth. Medical practice, such cases are hardly known.
The shape of the current:
In chronic course marked the regular erosion of hard tissues with a tendency to generalization of the pathological process.
Localization of carious cavities on the front teeth called the cervical, and its frequent complication is the appearance of circular lesions.
Stage of development
In addition to the localization of the focal lesions and its forms, an important role for the manifestation of dental diagnosis assign stages of development of carious destruction of teeth. Major release:
- The initial stage. The beginning of caries is accompanied by the beginning of the process of demineralization of hard tissues. For the first phase of the emergence of cavities is characterized by the formation of white spots of a small diameter.
- The surface current. The disease affects only the tooth enamel, which quickly spreads deeper into the tooth structure.
- The average degree of damage. Caries stage III observed an increased sensitivity of the tooth when interacting with cold or hot food. Defined pronounced internal corrosion of the dentin.
- Deep defeat. When running the process completely destroyed kromkova part, there is severe localized pain, and the disease spreads throughout the tooth structure. Deep the pathological process, in turn, is classified into the following types:
- cervical (desnivel);
Usually lose front teeth began to spread with the cutting part of the tooth, gradually penetrating into the deep structure of soft tissues. The appearance of the pain associated with deep lesions of suitestay about the beginning of pulpitis.
Frontal caries is often diagnosed by patients, but, unfortunately, often in the later stages of development. Diagnosis of caries is rarely hampered. Already the visual inspection, the dentist is determined by the degree of destruction of the causal tooth. Identify caries rarely possible in the early stages of its occurrence. Among the main methods of diagnosis are the following:
- mechanical inspection;
- tapping the patient’s teeth;
- electrogoniometry (sensitivity to current);
- sounding with deep caries;
- the use of a special dye;
- fluorescent radiation.
The classical decay is usually enough of a visual examination of the oral cavity with the use of professional tools. Before you can treat tooth decay in some cases the radiograph of the tooth (complicated caries under a crown, prosthesis and other artificial structures).
The healing process
Treatment of caries of anterior teeth is usually carried out in the traditional way of preparation. Use in the treatment of the dental drill is the most effective treatment at the moment. The main treatment is to carry out such manipulations:
- relief of painful symptoms;
- the elimination of the pathological focus;
- filling the canals.
The treatment of early stage of caries consists in carrying out procedures remineralization hard tissues of the tooth, and in further compliance with the rigorous hygiene of the mouth. With existing and developing carious cavities it is necessary to dissect the tooth cavity and clean tooth structure from pathological plaque. The procedure on the front teeth has a number of features:
- color matching fillings to the shade of the natural tooth;
- the correct and accurate recovery where the front teeth in contact with neighboring;
- getting rid of plaque is by using a drill.
Tooth decay on the front tooth for a long time can proceed in the latent stage (stage of white spot), and also formed on the rear surface of the tooth. Treatment of dental caries requires a dentist to pinpoint accuracy, because the hard tissues of the tooth are a thin layer. If you hold a poor removal of the pathological focus, you can provoke a relapse under seal. With carious lesions of the dentin before applying the seal placed special insulating material to protect the pulp chamber. For the treatment of deep caries, it is important to know the depth of the lesion, so that when the tooth preparation not to burn the pulp. Sometimes dentists recommend the installation of dental inlays instead of the usual filling. Such plants are much stronger than ordinary seals are not deformed by masticatory load, fixed very quickly. Treatment of caries in anterior teeth the latest techniques is of high value compared with classic dental approach.
Treatment of folk remedies
It should be noted that the use of alternative medicine in the treatment of pathogenic lesion in dentine is not very efficiency when it occurs. Another thing, when people’s funds are used in the prevention of diseases of the oral cavity.
For mouthwashes used decoction of chamomile, sage, oak bark. Some herbs not only kill the pathogenic environment, but also strengthen the tooth enamel, stimulate the blood vessels of the gums and soft tissues in case of increased bleeding.
If you have caries on the front teeth treatment is the first but not the decisive role. An important aspect in maintaining the health of the tooth enamel is the correct prevention of the disease. Prevention is not only in the conduct of daily cleaning and hygienic rinse the mouth. For example, in chronic caries it is important to conduct additional procedures with the use of some therapeutic drugs.
Systematic measures for the prevention of caries:
- the restriction of carbohydrates in the diet;
- adequate calcium intake (dairy products enriched with vitamins);
- conducting forproperty (fluoridated water, tablets containing fluorine).
The treatment of fluorine-containing substances is important to carry out only under the supervision of a specialist. For prevention method, there are a number of absolute and relative contraindications.
- use when brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste;
- mouth wash solutions with fluorine;
- holding remineralizing therapy (solutions, gels).
Tooth decay front teeth treatment which must be performed by a medical professional, usually has a favorable prognosis. Neglected cavities can provoke not only the deterioration of the tooth, but also to contribute to the development of periodontitis, stomatitis, gingivitis.
Neglected tooth decay can be a cause of disruption of the digestive tract when ingested pathogenic microorganisms in the gastric cavity. Timely treatment of caries allows for many years to maintain healthy natural teeth and a beautiful smile.