Caries in anterior teeth: treatment before and after photos
What is decay on the front teeth? Treatment, before and after photos, specifics of occurrence and methods of prevention will be discussed in this article.
Dental caries is a common disease that affects teeth, regardless of age and gender.
The specificity of caries on the front teeth
Caries in anterior teeth has no fundamental differences with the exception of the arrangement: a carious lesion on them is the first thing that catches the eye when meeting and personal conversation. Each of teeth their functions:
- front teeth (4 of the cutter in the center of each jaw) for biting soft food;
- fangs for biting solid food and meat;
- premolars for tearing food and a comfortable grip;
- the molars (3 large molars on each side of each jaw, including wisdom teeth) for shredding large pieces of food.
Each of the teeth has a specific structure of the enamel. Incisors have thin enamel, so tooth decay is much faster than on the molars and premolars. Treatment requires special skills of the dentist, as they have a huge influence on the aesthetic perception.
Caries on the front teeth, the child has the same mechanism of formation. Can be reduced in the diet the consumption of sweets and instill in him the regular care of the oral cavity (like brushing teeth): rinsing the mouth after each meal and regular brushing at least 2 times a day.
The causes and main characteristics of the
Why do I get cavities? For the development of caries on the front teeth is not enough reason. Should be several factors contributing to the accumulation and reproduction of bacteria that break down tooth enamel, forming lesions.
- Incorrect position of teeth. If the front teeth kuchenny (find each other), the ability of high-quality cleaning missing.
- The narrow shape of the jaw and large teeth narrow space between the teeth. It is not possible to efficiently clean each tooth surface, especially in childhood.
- Front tooth is subject to trauma. Mechanical cracks and chips of the enamel occur for several reasons: raskusyvanii hard objects (nuts, seeds); eating too hot or cold beverages; damage during food intake (metal forks, spoons); bad habits (Smoking, nibble nails, pencils or pens).
- Insufficient consumption of vitamins and minerals. The enamel of the front teeth are thin, so the deficiency directly affects them. What they may be lacking the body: calcium, fluorine, phosphorus, vitamins of groups A, B, C, K.
The main symptoms of the initial stages of caries – stains on the tooth surface. Gradually, the spots begin to get bigger, their surface becomes friable, that is visible to the naked eye. There is tenderness when biting, and after eating sweets.
Common issue when installing the braces is: “And will not start if the decay on the teeth?”. Dentists the answer is: no, it will not start if the care is correct. Yes, after the braces may develop tooth decay, but in very rare cases and only with the full lack of proper hygiene of the oral cavity.
The before and after photos
Caries can be classified in many ways. Consider two parameters: the localization of the lesion and stage of development. Localization of caries is divided into:
- cervical — often called the radical. Often the lack of treatment leads to circularization (circular cavities), i.e. the spread of the lesion around the entire circumference of the tooth. Circular caries is characteristic for children’s age. Upon further neglect of the disease may develop pulpitis and periodontitis;
- aproximally (contact) — develops on contact surfaces between the teeth for a long time may not manifest outwardly. The development of the carious process often affects the outer layer of enamel. Often when scanning the cutters on radiography.
Depending on the depth of the caries lesion is of several stages:
- the initial stage (formation of spots);
- stage lesions of the enamel (surface), it is possible to treat without a drill;
- middle stage with damage to the dentin (the tooth behind the enamel);
- a stage of deep caries (cavity formation, bordering the nerve and pulp).
The initial stage of the formation of small stains, dark or matte white. When surface lesions in the enamel formed a small in-depth areas. Average stage of development is the most frequent reason for the conversion to the dentist because a pronounced tooth pain. Deep caries – it is almost rotten tooth. On cutters like this running process is rare, because the aesthetic defect is too noticeable.
Caries in anterior teeth – treatment
Delving into the question how to treat tooth decay front teeth, need to know how grew process. At an early stage, it is sufficient to restore the mineralization of the enamel. Use of pastes and gels with a high content of fluorine. Baby teeth are often treated by fluorination of enamel: applied fluorine-containing composition, sometimes in combination with silver.
If damaged enamel or dentin, the scrubbing of the cavity, a seal. If you were affected a small portion of the tooth side or the inner side, the aesthetic restoration is not necessary. But for full confidence in preventing re-development of the caries should be removed all damaged and pigmented areas.
Removal of diseased tissue of the tooth:
- The use of a drill.
- Laser fluorescence.
- Air-abrasive treatment (applicable to the initial stage).
Filling the cavity to be combined with scrubbing. The total time of treatment of one tooth can take up to 3 hours. Before installing the seals on the front teeth, the dentist must assess:
- the shade of the enamel;
- the color change in the zones;
- the presence of surface features (cracks, color change, etc.)
What if the front wall of the tooth hurt?
- veneers — the most efficient way. It is a thin «false teeth», made of ceramic porcelain. Veneers are placed on the front surface of the tooth by correcting its shape. Manufactured individually according to the replica tooth of the patient. The lifespan of a properly installed veneer – up to 25 years;
- crowns — set, if after the removal of diseased tissue from the tooth is almost nothing left. Direct reading – the destruction of the cutting edge of the tooth. Crowns are individually produced for each patient, the maximum repeat the color of the adjacent teeth;
- pin tooth restoration — is used when the root is still intact. The channels are mounted the pins on which is placed a crown. In the manufacture and installation the principle is the same: everything looks natural and is individually;
- the implant is installed in the case, if the tooth is completely absent. The bone-mounted pin, which after engraftment is established, the crown. The method is expensive and has many contraindications, but proven;
- prosthesis — cheaper implant. Dentures have many variations of materials and fixtures. The most common – the bridge at which is a monolithic crown on tooth 3: remote and 2 adjacent preserved.
Prevention of caries in anterior teeth standard:
- you should carefully monitor the hygiene of the oral cavity;
- properly to carry out the cleaning of teeth;
- to use additional means of oral hygiene: dental floss, dental brushes, rinses, special gels;
- in case of poor heredity it is necessary to use specialized toothpaste with a high fluorine content;
- you should refrain from cracking hard shells of nuts or seeds;
- not to use too hot and cold food and drinks;
- requires regular visit to the dentist at least 1 time in 6 months.
Video: restoration of anterior teeth.
► Does it hurt to treat caries on the front teeth?
No, because the treatment is done under anesthesia. To prevent discomfort during the injection, performed gel anestesiada applique. This is especially common in pediatric dentistry.
► How much does it cost?
The cost depends on the stage of development of the lesion and the alleged methods of treatment.
- Deep fluoridation 1 tooth – from 150 rubles.
- Treatment of secondary caries – 1500 R / a single surface.
- Fillings light-curing seals from 1800 R.
- Implant placement – 25,000 R.
- Installing ceramic crowns – from 5000 b.
- Installing veneers – from 20,000 R.