Catarrhal gingivitis: a photo history of the disease, treatment
Catarrhal gingivitis is considered to be a form of gingivitis and is diagnosed in 90% of cases. The disease appears in people under 30 years old, but most of all he is exposed to children, so it is important timely treatment.
The disease develops as a result of activities of pathogens and has for exudative (from gum pockets the liquid is released). The lack of proper treatment will lead to the emergence of periodontitis.
If you look at any history of the person undergoing catarrhal gingivitis, it becomes clear that the inflammation occurs as well as in lesions of other tissues, no specific signs are not.
The etiology of catarrhal gingivitis different. General (internal) factors that trigger the disease:
- diabetes mellitus;
- mental disorders;
- the plaque and Tartar;
- pathology of heart and vessels;
- the growth of wisdom teeth;
- a weak immune system;
- problems in the endocrine field;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Why else arises catarrhal gingivitis? The causes of the origin can be external:
- Bad oral hygiene.
- Intoxication by mercury, lead and other heavy metals.
- Bad habits.
- Poor quality dental services.
- Inhalation through the mouth air.
- Untimely visit to the dentist.
- Infectious and viral diseases.
Video: types and forms of gingivitis — diagnosis and complications.
The initial stage of pathology in asymptomatic, which explains the postponement of the visit to the dentist. Missing lots of features, including the main — pain and bleeding.
If the blood from the gums when the replacement brush to the bristles of low stiffness and using a therapeutic mouthwash on time to prevent the problem. However, this only worsens the clinical picture, as visible improvement pushes a visit to the dentist. In fact, the disease continues to develop.
► Acute form of gingivitis catarrhal type accompanied by a number of symptoms:
- swelling, sometimes spreading to a large part gum;
The intensity of bleeding of the mucosa of the gums depends on the degree of inflammation. The signs of the disease are usually localized, but in rare cases, the pathology affects the human condition. If the gingivitis is severe, weakness, muscle pain, General malaise. The affected area when touched seems hot (hyperthermia).
► Signs of catarrhal gingivitis chronic:
- congestive hyperemia of the gums becomes bluish, it is thickening;
- bleeding even with mild trauma;
- pressing sensation in the gums;
- the formation of dental stones and large amounts of plaque;
- isolated erosion;
- the interdental papillae take the form of a dome;
- bad breath;
- the number of gingival fluid increases 5-fold.
The acute phase lasts up to 7 days, and then fades or disease spills over into the chronic form.
The types of catarrhal gingivitis
► Forms of the disease divided by the prevalence of inflammation into 2 types:
- Generalized — affects most of the gums, and sometimes both jaws.
- Localized — inflammation focuses on the plot in the field of 1-3 teeth.
► Severity of the pathology:
- Easy stage (lesion of the gingival papillae).
- The average degree (distribution of inflammation in the marginal gingiva).
- Severe (involves alveolar area of the gums).
► Classification of catarrhal gingivitis is and the nature of the lesion:
- Acute over — flowing for a certain period of strong tissue inflammation, characterized by rapid progress and an extensive list of clinical manifestations.
- Chronic — develops as a result of lack of treatment during the acute stage. Symptoms are rare, gingivitis progresses slowly, but always escalates. This form of the disease requires a more lengthy and careful treatment.
Diagnose catarrhal gingivitis periodontist or dentist after examination and patient questioning. Of particular importance are the following laboratory parameters:
- the index of green-Vermillion and Silnes-low (plaque in the cervical area of the tooth);
- sample Schiller-Pisarev (the intensity of inflammation);
- probe sample (the index of bleeding of Muleman).
The blood from the gums can take to study its composition, taking for this purpose and gingival fluid. If indicated, carry out the morphological examination of gingival biopsy.
The diagnostic value has a number of other studies:
- vital microscopy;
In the differential diagnosis always consider what the early symptoms of the disease are similar to generalized periodontitis and hypertrophic form of gingivitis. But in the latter case the main difference will be the presence of hyperplasia of the connective tissue, and in the first — a series of x-ray changes, ending with the formation of periodontal pockets.
Catarrhal gingivitis and its treatment
Treatment is aimed at the therapy of the clinical diseases that triggered catarrhal gingivitis, and the improvement in General condition, of processes of homeostasis, normalization of well-being.
- first, be sure to carry out inspection of the oral cavity, to evaluate the quality of rehabilitation;
- next, eliminate traumatic factors and remove plaque;
- if the bite is incorrect, it must be corrected, so the dentist will sometimes recommend that you visit an orthopedist or orthodontist;
- plaque is removed with special devices and medical equipment. Sometimes conduct a comprehensive cleaning, using advanced drugs and chemical compounds;
- after removing the deposits the surface of the teeth will grind and cover means having fluoride in the composition (resin, varnish);
- in the process the dentist gives recommendations on hygiene in the home, explains the rules of use Flossie and the selection of a suitable paste. Control teeth cleaning is performed under his supervision, which allows to determine the quality of hygiene. For the procedure choose coloring tools special structure is demonstrating the efficacy of hygienic procedures.
At the time of the exacerbation, if the inflammatory process is strong, it is shown an application of drugs that can reduce inflammation and kill pathogens:
- solution Furatsilina;
- infusion of sage, calendula;
- drug Rotokan;
- chamomile tea;
- a solution of Chlorhexidine.
Before the selection of antibacterial drugs examined the microflora of the mouth to determine its sensitivity to a particular drug. The most effective drugs among the following:
- Acetylsalicylic ointment 3%.
- Gel Metrogyl Denta.
- The cryogel of chlorhexidine.
- Ointment Phenylbutazone.
To achieve a rapid recovery of the gingival tissues help:
- sea buckthorn oil;
- ointment Solcoseryl;
- vitamins a, E;
- rosehip oil;
- Kartalin cream.
Physiotherapy treatments are assigned, subject to proper oral hygiene and absence constantly traumatic factors in malocclusion. Physical therapy involves a series of procedures:
- Electrophoresis with the use of vitamins C, B and Ca+.
- Gidrogazodinamiki massage to stimulate circulation.
- Phonophoresis of drugs Dibunol, Heparin, Dioxidine. The procedure helps to improve microcirculation and exerts additional anti-inflammatory effect.
- UV rays short-acting (locally) or five treatments are usually enough to provide bactericidal action.
- A helium-neon laser — the use of infrared and red light reduces inflammation and helps in better healing.
Pay attention and vitamin therapy, the treatment plan develops the doctor supervising the whole process of therapy. If the cause of gingivitis become diseases of gastroenterological, endocrine or other parts of the body, are involved in treatment, the specialists of these profiles.
A folk remedy is used not independently, but only in conjunction with the methods of treatment selected by the dentist. Even prescriptions from alternative medicine approach for the prevention of gingivitis. Recipes enough, here are some of the most effective:
- The affected gums daily smeared with honey.
- The oral cavity is helpful to rinse with a solution of soda at 0.5%.
- Oak bark is known for its natural antiseptic properties. For broth you will need 2 tsp. of crushed bark and boiling water (1 tbsp.). The mixture should then 20 minutes, to insist, and after straining to use as a rinse.
- According to the recipe described above, can be prepared in decoctions of calendula, calamus root, chamomile. They will provide additional anti-inflammatory effects.
If the therapy is not completed on time, in the future we can expect not only regular exacerbations of the disease, but also the emergence of several complications. These include numerous diseases of the gums (periodontitis, abscess, etc.).
He catarrhal gingivitis does not lead to loosening and loss of tooth, but if it will join other disease, the risk of this outcome is high. When correctly chosen tactics of treatment the prognosis is favorable.
Video: what are bleeding gums and how to treat gingivitis?
Preventive measures aimed at prevention of exacerbations and the appearance of the primary forms of catarrhal gingivitis. In both cases, prevention is General:
- routine dental visits and visits to him in any discomfort in the mouth;
- thorough cleansing plaque;
- the use of additional rinses and cleaning methods (dental floss, irrigator, etc.);
- avoidance of injuries of the jaw and oral mucosa.
It is advisable to pick out an individual hygiene items along with a professional. A dentist can recommend suitable dental floss, toothpaste, brushes and other tools.
In the chronic form of gingivitis you need to carefully approach the issue of hygiene. To prevent exacerbations will have to give up dental floss and toothpaste with strong whitening effect. Need to purchase those that are not included in the composition of pigments, the color did not hide one of the main symptoms of gingivitis is bleeding gums.
► code for ICD-10
The disease mejdunarodnoi classification of diseases code is K05.