Chlorhexidine instructions for use mouthwash: how to breed
Chlorhexidine for dental purposes available in bottles with liquid. The kit includes instructions for use mouthwash, which shows how to dissolve the drug, whether you need it to do, and what concentration is used for specific purposes.
Chlorhexidine is considered to be a universal drug, because it has a wide application in various branches of clinical medicine. For irrigation of the oral cavity the drug is used only in low concentrations and only in water dilution. High concentrations are used for disinfection of hands and tools.
The effect of the drug
Chlorhexidine belongs to a group of medicines that provide antiseptic action. The drug disrupts the integrity of the bacterial cell that leads to its destruction. It is important to note that chlorhexidine digluconate has no effect on viruses, therefore its application is impractical in the case of viral infection. The only virus who die from these products is the herpes virus.
Chlorhexidine has good stability in the external environment.
- Active film on the mucosa persists for several hours after rinsing the mouth.
- The increase in the temperature of the liquid is beneficial to antiseptic properties.
- The drug keeps the action in a purulent environment, as well as in the presence of blood.
The use of chlorhexidine has a positive effect on restoring the body’s defenses, reduces inflammation, helps to decrease swelling and redness, and also has a positive effect on tissue regeneration.
The composition and form of issue
The drug is for dental application is available in the form of liquid spilled on vials made of plastic or tinted glass, with a volume of 100 ml.
The active substance is chlorhexidine digluconate, which is used for dental purposes in the form of an aqueous solution of various concentrations:
- 0.05% solution of chlorhexidine is the most used concentrata in the dental practice. Used for rinsing the mouth, treatment of the mucous membrane, can be used as an antiseptic in the treatment of tooth canals;
- 0.1% solution is used for cleansing and disinfection of dentures;
- the solution of chlorhexidine digluconate in a concentration of 0.2% is not applicable for direct contact with mucous membranes. Dentists used for medicamental treatment of the root canal.
Medicinal product not subject to dilution, so use in recommended by your physician concentration. To avoid chemical burns of the mouth, alcohol dilutions of the drug is chlorhexidine at a concentration of 1% and 5% are not used for rinsing.
Advantages and disadvantages
Chlorhexidine mouthwash for antiseptic treatment. As with any medication, it has its pros and cons.
Doctors often prescribe this drug, because it has several reasons:
- a good effect on pathogenic microflora;
- has a wide range of antimicrobial effects;
- antiseptic effect is maintained for several hours after applying;
- affordable price – starting from 10-15 rubles for a bottle of the solution;
- it is possible to use pregnant and lactating women;
- allowed for the processing and rinsing of the oral cavity in children.
However, the uncontrolled use of the child is extremely desirable, therefore, chlorhexidine is prescribed only by a doctor. He will advise the necessary treatment duration and drug concentration.
The disadvantages of chlorhexidine include the following properties:
- Liquid has a bitter taste, so many patients, especially children, the drug is unpleasant to use.
- Has no effect on the viruses except for the herpes virus.
- In the course and the frequent use of chlorhexidine solution gives the gray color of the hard tissues of the tooth. Upon termination of the treatment, the color is restored.
At drugs there is a high activity against bacteria and some protozoa, therefore the solution is ideal for the treatment of many dental diseases.
Chlorhexidine digluconate has proven itself as a tool that helps in many situations.
- In diseases of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, such as stomatitis, ulcers and aphthae.
- In diseases of the gums such as gingivitis, periodontitis and periodontal disease. Used in combination with other drugs.
- After tooth extraction and other dental operations, but only on the advice of a doctor.
- Antiseptic dentures.
After tooth extraction
In a situation when extraction of a tooth has occurred in the rinsing is not necessary. With the development of complications, the dentist will appoint chlorhexidine as an antiseptic.
- surgery complex removal of the tooth;
- removal with concomitant inflammatory process;
- the low level of hygiene, and extensive carious cavity, which are an additional source of contamination of fresh wound surface.
Active vypolaskivat actions are not allowed, as they are able to destroy the clot from the blood closes the hole of the tooth after removal. The best option would be the mouth trays, in which an antiseptic solution is without movement in the mouth for 60-90 seconds.
If the hole of the tooth ache and it has an unpleasant smell, or are covered with gray bloom, the use of chlorhexidine will not bring healing. With such features that characterize the alveolitis, contact a doctor, but not to self-medicate.
Bleeding and swelling of gums are visible signs of inflammation. A common source of problems of this nature in the mouth is rich, soft plaque on the teeth and mineralized deposits. So begin symptomatic treatment without prior removal of causes makes no sense, as it will not bring the expected results.
For the treatment of gum disease complex treatment.
- Professional hygiene of the oral cavity.
- Determining the cause and treatment from a periodontist.
- A versatile approach to treatment, including symptomatic, etiological and preventive effect.
Chlorhexidine supplements therapeutic measures in the fight against infection. This is applied as a rinse or treatment of the affected areas of the gums.
Depending on the etiology of the stomatitis, you should choose medicine because disease are eliminated as bacteria and viruses.
- when aphthous stomatitis chlorhexidine mouthwash copes well with the task – to remove bacterial pathogen;
- best tool in the fight against stomatitis of viral origin will be Miramistin;
- with herpetic stomatitis use of chlorhexidine and Miramistina.
For the throat
Chlorhexidine digluconate is widely used in ENT practice.
- Getting rid of a sore throat.
- Treatment of tonsillitis.
- The treatment of pharyngitis.
- Treatment of laryngitis.
- The treatment of angina.
It is important to understand that the effectiveness of the drug increases with the additional use of other drugs prescribed by your doctor. Treatment only using mouthwashes will not bring the desired effect, and in some situations can worsen the disease and to lubricate the clinical picture, that would complicate the formulation of the correct diagnosis the doctor.
- allergic reactions in the history of this drug;
- various forms of dermatitis, as Chlorhexidine causes increased signs of disease;
- the drug is not recommended for use in conjunction with other agents that provide antiseptic effects;
- in pediatric practice the use of the drug is only available on medical prescription and under parental supervision.
Chlorhexidine mouthwash: instructions for use
To obtain a positive result from therapy with chlorhexidine, should be guided by the following recommendations on how to use the drug:
- a visit to the dentist – the first item in the qualitative treatment of diseases of the oral cavity. The doctor will determine the disease, plan treatment, and prescribe recommended medications;
- hygienic treatment – professional oral hygiene in the dental office is an important step, because without removal of dental plaque a full recovery impossible;
- the purchase of the drug and to read the instruction – buy chlorhexidine should only be in the pharmacy, paying attention to storage conditions, integrity of containers and the expiration date;
- rinse – dial 15 ml in the mouth and soak for about a minute, then spit out the liquid and rinse your mouth with water.
Compliance with residence time of the solution in the mouth is important for recovery. To form a protective film on the mucous membrane, chlorhexidine should be in your mouth at least 60 seconds. Dilute it is not necessary, as it is sold in initially desired concentration.
With prolonged use you may experience unwanted reactions.
- Temporary discoloration of teeth.
- Changes in taste sensitivity due to bitter taste.
- Dermatitis, skin reactions.
- In rare cases, the drug contributes to the emergence of Tartar on the teeth.
An overdose of liquid based on chlorhexidine digluconate was not detected. People with hypersensitivity to the active substance may be a manifestation of allergic reactions.
There are some medications that can be substituted for chlorhexidine, in the absence of any manifestation of hypersensitivity reactions to a component.
- Lido spray Plus;
The presented tools have different active ingredients chlorhexidine, however, there are indications applied for antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory treatment.
Video: how to gargle for dummies?
Oksana, 24 years
«My five-year-old has had stomatitis. Son was acting nervous, because he was troubled by the pain in his mouth. The dentist has prescribed to rinse your mouth with solution of chlorhexidine digluconate for 7 days. The baby properly perform the assignment. 3 days later found that the ulcer decreased in size and was not taken for this discomfort. After a week we again went to the doctor, where he found no trace of disease».
Olga, 35 years
«While pregnant with my second child I became ill. I was worried about the sore throat. I care about my health, for me, the importance of security preparations for the new baby. The therapist recommended gargle liquid chlorhexidine 0.05%. The drug has an unpleasant bitter taste, but after rinsing immediately felt relief in my throat. Good product, especially pleased that it can be applied to pregnant women».
Sergey, 45 years
«Chlorhexidine is always in our home medicine Cabinet. This is just a universal antiseptic that is used in many diseases. I used to use them very often, however, the dentist at the next examination, pay attention to the color of my teeth, then I told him about rinsing with chlorhexidine. It turns out that the medicine do not use too often, because it leads to the destruction of beneficial microflora and development of immune system in pathogenic microorganisms, and also gives the greyness of the teeth».
► Can I gargle with chlorhexidine angina?
Gargle in this disease should be part of comprehensive treatment, otherwise may cause complications due to the effects only on the symptoms but not its source.
► Can I gargle with chlorhexidine during pregnancy?
Chlorhexidine digluconate is approved for use during pregnancy. However, the period of application should not exceed 10 days.