Cough teething: can be
Cough teething in children — a common symptom of concern loving parents. The cough reflex is enhanced during a meal, in a horizontal position. This feature prevents the baby eat a healthy diet, reduces the quality of sleep. As a rule, unpleasant symptom appears shortly before the eruption of the tooth, subsequently disappears completely without treatment.
Signs that should alert
Despite the fact that coughing in children during teething of incisors, canines and molars is considered normal, the patient should be examined by a pediatrician to eliminate the presence of disease.
Symptoms the advent of the dental units are:
- Anxiety, crying for no reason;
- The rejection of the lure;
- Increased need for breastfeeding in infants;
- Interest crumbs to teethers, fingers, nipple;
- Swelling and redness of the gums. Sometimes parents see the emergence of bleeding mucosa in the place of eruption of tooth;
- Hypersalivation — increased saliva production fluid. Crumbs is unable to swallow a large amount of saliva, it gets into the throat, causing a reflex cough. The biological fluid flowing out of the mouth, becomes a cause of dermatitis on the face;
- The sleep disturbance.
The temperature rise sometimes to be a sign of imminent appearance of the first tooth or the next. However, most often, the fever indicates the accession of viral infection.
Still there are disputes on this subject: one piece of paediatricians believes that the increase in body temperature to quite high numbers (39°C) is the only cause of teething, while others, because of SARS. Anyway, the doctors agree, during important events, the immune system weakens and baby baby requires special attention.
Alarming symptoms are:
- Maintaining a high temperature of more than 3 to 4 days with no visible downward trend;
- Complete abstinence from food and liquids. This symptom is very dangerous. It leads to a decrease in body weight, development of dehydration. If parents notice that the number of Papisov declined dramatically, child is listless, he has dry mucous membranes, sunken eyes and fontanelles should immediately call an ambulance and to discuss with your doctor the need for hospitalization;
- Disturbance of consciousness: the baby sleeps a lot, does not respond to name does not show curiosity to a previously interested in his toys;
- Paroxysmal cough, ending with vomiting.
If parents find their son or daughter dangerous symptoms, you should call a pediatrician. The doctor will examine the baby, check the temperature of the body, will hold the audition, appreciate the severity of the condition. After diagnosis, the doctor will give recommendations to parents.
Cough is a dangerous symptom!
Some moms and dads do not Express concern when the cough in the infant and connect it with the imminent emergence of dairy units. However, it is wrong. A small child should be examined by a pediatrician!
Dangerous disease, accompanied by cough:
- Bronchitis — an inflammatory disease of the bronchial tubes. Pathology quite often develops as a complication of SARS, when properly conducted therapy. The development of bronchitis cause: parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, enterovirus, Mycoplasma, chlamydia. In addition, the disease often has an allergic nature and is chronic. To confirm the diagnosis, a small mischief must be examined by a pediatrician. The doctor will listen to the chest with stethoscope. In case of doubt regarding diagnosis, necessary x — rays, General blood and urine. Treatment bronchitis does a pediatrician. It needs to observe the child in the course of disease, if necessary to decide the question of the transfer of the baby to the hospital. Bronchitis is a dangerous disease in children under the age of 1 year. In connection with the immaturity of the organism, the chance of immediate development of pneumonia is very high.
- SARS virus pathology of ENT organs occur with a high body temperature. Symptoms of the disease are: redness of the throat, the appearance of rhinitis (runny nose), watery eyes, pain when swallowing. Babe showing marked anxiety, sleepy, listless, cranky. Pathology has sudden or gradual onset. With SARS, the body temperature begins to decline from 3 to 5, at least 7 days from the moment of occurrence. Fever body the most pronounced and persistent for 3 to 4 days. Subsequently, there is a tendency to temperature reduction, improved well-being. Therapy of viral diseases is symptomatic. It is aimed at improving the overall health of the baby. Mandatory stage of treatment is fluid replacement. You must give your child to drink warm drinks frequently in small portions. With the appearance of shortness of nasal breathing is carried out the toilet of the nose and throat, solutions, and other means, Solin. During a virus disease requires monitors the temperature of the body. With its increase of more than 38.5 °C appropriate use of antipyretic drugs (Nurofen, Set, Panadol, Paracetamol). For the treatment of viral pathologies not used antibiotics. Local antiseptic is allowed to use only if patient’s age is consistent with the recommendations in the instructions to the drug. Expectorant, antitussive, drugs are assigned a baby only after consultation with the pediatrician. The use of aerosols for treatment of the mouth in children up to 3 years is a common cause of laryngospasm. When using mucolytic drugs in children up to 3 years, there is a risk of developing bronchitis. This happens due to the fact that the baby is not able to fully clear his throat and increased secretion, leads to stagnation in the pulmonary system.
If the pediatrist appoints to the kid expectorant drugs, parents should help the child: spend a special drainage back massage at least 3 — 4 times a day for 5 minutes, give your baby a sufficient volume of fluid, moisturize, ventilate the room in which the patient, when the normalization temperature is a walk in the fresh air. In most cases, viral diseases at the right time begun treatment are within 7 to 14 days without leaving consequences.
- Pneumonia — inflammation of lung tissue. In the majority of cases is extremely difficult. The child’s condition is violated, it shows anxiety, confusion, drowsiness, completely refuses to eat and drink. There is a persistent fever, decrease in urination. Pneumonia is a very serious disease that requires immediate hospitalization crumbs to the hospital. Without the help of experienced pediatricians and intensive care services, the kid’s life is at risk.
- Airway obstruction foreign object. In this case, the cough, the infant appears instantly. In addition to the main symptom, the baby starts to choke, there is a blue discoloration of the skin. When aspiration is recommended to call an ambulance. Before the arrival of the medical teams try to help yourself. Put the baby on her outstretched arm, face down. Legs must clasp the hand of an adult. Produce some rhythmic tapping strokes along the back of the baby. If this does not help, place the victim on the floor, connect the middle and index fingers, put them in a region slightly above the navel between the ribs. Guide pressure rhythmic movements in upward direction. Once the foreign object is extracted, go with the baby to the hospital for tests and observation.
- Whooping cough is a dangerous disease, severe in infants, can lead to death. Develops after infection with Bacillus Bordet-Gangou. Are at risk not vaccinated children.
So could there be a cough with teething?
The answer is Yes. However, with the appearance of the symptom, you need to call the pediatrician to confirm an accurate diagnosis. To erupt, the tooth will be within 2 -5 days. All this time, your child may exhibit anxiety, tearfulness and moodiness.
The actions of the parents
After the pediatrician confirmed that my baby is Reala on the teeth, you can eliminate anxiety and help your son or daughter through an important stage in life.
Need to know:
- Protect baby from viruses. Don’t go with a baby in a crowded shopping centre, where a very high probability of infection. Optimum are a walk in the fresh air. If the weather is nice go for a walk at least 3 -4 hours a day, with the cold and the wind, limit the stay on the street until 2 — 2.5 hours total walking time, divide by 2 times;
- If the baby teeth erupt, get him special toys, teethers. Interesting bright objects will certainly appeal to baby and will benefit. If son or daughter did not like teethers, do not despair. Clean the piece of Apple and ask the baby to scratch the gums. Possible, mouth-watering fruit will taste a little fidget;
- Refrain from Smoking near the baby. Nicotine vapors are harmful effect on the body, inhibit growth and development;
- If the background of the teething fever of the body more than 38. 5 °C, lower it with antipyretics. The drugs of choice are: Nurofen, Paracetamol. Is strictly prohibited to give Aspirin, Analgin, combine Ibuprofen and Paracetamol in one application;
If your child started to podkalivat during sleep, try laying it on a small pillow. Ensure the cleanliness and humidity of the air in the room. Before bed, swipe the toilet a small nose with saline solution.
- In no case do not try to wash the contents of the nose with a little pear or a syringe. This can lead to otitis media;
- Do not get involved in electrical or mechanical extractor as often, their use injures the skin and mucous membranes, causing increased secretion and deterioration of General health;
- To anesthetize the gums with the help of gels and ointments: Kalgel, Kamistad, dentinox-gel, the Killers, Holisal. Before blindly using drugs and read the directions to determine the presence of contraindications, the dosage and the reception time, the development of possible side effects;
- Do not own to apply the treatment folk remedies with medicinal herbs, since this action often leads to allergic reactions;
- Care, love and attention is the best that I can give the parents his son while waiting for 1, 2 , and maybe 7 of the tooth.
Sometimes the tooth may erupt, but the symptoms remain. In this case, the necessary re-examination of the pediatrician.