Crown for teeth: what better to put metal on the pin
A dental prosthesis that restores the anatomical form and functional purpose of the lost tooth is an artificial crown for teeth. Almost all dental crowns are non-removable dentures and are fixed to the tooth using special materials, forming a single functional structure. Crowns can be installed as a separate prosthesis, or be a separate part of other prostheses. Many patients wonder what a crown it is better to put? Actually, the choice in material, price, function is very large. To solve the question of what to install can be a doctor.
Classification of artificial crowns
- The tooth crown can cover the tooth completely or partially (Equatoria, armored, etc.), hence depending on the magnitude of the cover they are full and partial. In addition, there is a crown on the pin and telescopic.
- The crown on the tooth depending on the material from which it is made may be metal, non-metallic (ceramic and polymeric), combined.
- Depending on functional purpose experts are: restorative, preventive, reference, aesthetic, splinting, locking and other types of crowns.
- Depending on the time that the crown establish, distinguish between temporary and permanent. Extended crowns called if they are set for a long time with the subsequent replacement or removal.
- Crowns can be factory or laboratory production.
Types of crowns depending on the area covered by the teeth
If a tooth has split off, some put a crown? The most familiar and popular full crowns. Product selection depends on the teeth to which it will be installed, and how much destroyed clinical crown.
Post-and-core dental crown – what is it? This product, which is installed on almost completely destroyed the natural tooth. The design is disassembled and re-assembled and consists of a pin base to which is attached an artificial part of the tooth. The actual crown is made of different hypoallergenic materials. The fixing means integrates the artificial root of the tooth, the pin and the crown in a single structure.
Telescopic crown combines two components: a reference (located inside under the crown) and the outer. The design captures removable and not removable dentures and some oral and maxillofacial devices.
Polukrovka (another name – Equatoria crown) – replaces the side of the teeth. It is possible to cover the affected part of the tooth caries, and also if they were destroyed due to abnormal abrasion. Somewhat less often they have to be set in the process of treatment of pathological mandibular joint. Polukrovka covers half of the tooth and set from the oral surface of the canine teeth and front teeth.
For premolars there are trehchetvertku crown, which covers more than half the entire area of the tooth.
What is a dental crown veneers? They are called tortoise, because of its appearance resembling a lining. They are made from porcelain or plastic. Sometimes, for reliable strength as materials for the manufacture of veneers used without metalowa ceramics. In contrast to the above structures, they differ in aesthetic appeal. In the process of installing a large part of the tooth remains intact. Their manufacturing process – the hard work, in contrast to designs on the whole tooth they are less functional fitness.
To the General disadvantages of veneers include:
- bad diligence to the soft tissues surrounding the tooth;
- in operation, the veneer may break. This may happen more likely if unevenly distribute the load while chewing, to chew hard objects, etc.;
- the formation of cracks in the region of the interdental contact, etc.
Types of crowns for the purpose
- If the solid part of the tooth is missing, the orthodontist may be prompted to install the recovery crown. Its purpose is the return of the anatomical shape of the tooth.
- If the mouth is missing most of his teeth, their lack of kompensiruet dentures. For installation of fixed bridges require support, which serve to support artificial crowns.
- For use of removable dentures and some oral and maxillofacial devices require a contour (or other title retaining, clasp) crown.
- Periodontal disease is characterized by the loosening of the teeth. The degree of raschityvaete at different stages of the disease are different. One of the ways of treatment and prevention of hair loss is the use of chinaswamy crowns. They reduce the overload of the teeth on the side of the pathological focus and slow down the process of their premature loss.
- Before placing a crown on the tooth to the patient, which makes high aesthetic requirement, the doctor sets pre-crowns. Basic purpose of position: the definition and coordination of color, shape, and sometimes size of artificial teeth. Usually temporary crowns are made of plastic. It is through this material (unlike metal or ceramic), you can quickly adjust the shape, size.
- Good therapeutic effect have a therapeutic crowns. Compare them with bandages for the treatment of the pastes. If there is a broken tooth or need a deep tooth preparation is necessary to normalize the condition of the pulp (soft part of the tooth, which contains blood vessels, nerve tissue, etc.). This medical event was possible through therapeutic crowns, which accelerate the formation of dentin. This restores it to a solid part. It does not require deponirovanie (removal of the pulp) of the teeth.
- To reduce or even prevent pathological abrasion of teeth orthodontists are established preventive crowns. They visually change the length of the teeth, along with their aesthetic appeal and functional purpose.
- In the process of preparation of teeth affected, their soft part (pulp), since it is influenced by temperature and chemical stimuli. Preparation – an intermediate stage of preparation of teeth for permanent dentures. In order to protect the pulp used protective (sometimes called provisional) crown. If they are superimposed on exposed pulp using special fixing materials, normalized her condition.
- If you want to fix the location of the dentition, in practice the orthodontic crowns. They are installed on time and upon the occurrence of a positive result are removed.
- When the enamel has an uneven tint, or the patient is not satisfied with the shape and size of elements of the dentition can be corrected the above cosmetic defects, if the set of aesthetic crowns on teeth, which will help a specialist to understand.
Types of crowns depending on the time of use
Dental crowns, which is better – temporary or permanent? It all depends on problems which should be solved using data structures. Temporary products are established with the following objectives:
- to change the height of the bite;
- for fixing of special devices used in orthodontics;
- to protect the soft part of the tooth (pulp) from various annoying factors that have an aggressive impact on it in the process of preparation.
These products are installed for a short time period, i.e. the period of treatment and prior to installation of permanent structures, then they are removed. What is the crown better if it has a temporary purpose? The choice depends on the teeth (tooth) which has a specific location in the dentition. For anterior teeth suitable polycarbonate, polimetilmetakrilata products. Suitable for posterior teeth crowns made of special medical alloys, etc. Structures intended for temporary use, are installed on the temporary retaining means, and are easily removed when the time comes.
Depending on the material used distinguish between metallic and non-metallic crowns. They differ in price and quality. The material mainly used: composites, plastic, and ceramic, etc. Products, such as ceramic without metal suitable for individuals with a predisposition to allergies. They do not cause irritation of the gums and overcame naturally. Plastic products are not high value and quality. Material for the manufacture of steel structures used: gold, steel, chrome, cobalt, etc.
What is a metal-ceramic crown? It is the best combination of durability, aesthetic appeal and price. They are so called because inside have a frame (thickness 0.5 mm) made of metal (usually an alloy of cobalt and Nickel), which is covered with ceramics. Somewhat less, due to a higher cost for the manufacture of the frame we use alloys of precious metals (e.g. gold, palladium, etc.). This explains the classification and title of goods based on metals which they are made: metal on gold or cobalt alloy, etc. What are crowns on teeth, it is better to put, to have a more natural look? If you allow the tangible assets, it is better to choose alloy on gold. The thing is not even of noble metal, and naturally yellow teeth. At the expense of the hue of gold, which will be a little noticeable in ceramics. Teeth (especially the front) will look more natural.
When the metal frame ready top is coated with ceramic mass. Finishing is done by hand due to the layering of layers of ceramics. Immediately after it was applied layer, the product is baked in an oven. This method of preparation allows to achieve high strength and strong bond of metal and ceramics.
The advantages and disadvantages of crowns made of metal ceramic
About the benefits
Quality custom dentures (especially if the metal was chosen as the gold) are difficult to distinguish in appearance from natural teeth.
Long service life with proper maintenance is guaranteed. Strength provides a metal frame. Ceramic coating is resistant to pathogenic bacteria, the result of the activity of which is tooth decay. Of all the horrid mechanical changes possible chips, but they are rare.
About the shortcomings
Before installing these structures, it is necessary to prepare the teeth (they grind). Metal requires soshlifovyvaniye of a large amount approximately to a depth of 2 mm on all sides. That is why, on front teeth, it is preferable to install veneers. As in the process of doshlifovke removed large amount of the tooth pulp is damaged. But her death or the inflammatory process develops immediately, but sometimes after a while, after the installation of the crowns. Subsequently, this circumstance requires the removal of the crowns and retreatment of the tooth, and after it is necessary to re-prosthetics. Therefore, in order to avoid this complication often remove teeth, and then sealed root canals. Large teeth, in which a sufficient volume of solid tissues leave alive.
The life of metal —
Metal crowns will last at least 7-8 years. If the product lifetime is about to end, it is recommended even if you do not bother to do an x-ray of teeth. Very often in the area of the abutment teeth it causes inflammation that subsequently leads to the necessity to perelechivat. If this pathological process is found, the patient is allowed to creep into the clinic, where it was held prosthesis. Professionals have free rights guarantees to cure a tooth and change the crown.
No matter what the crown had to establish, it is important to preserve and properly care for dentures. This is not recommended to chew solid food, on time and regularly take care of the oral cavity, regular dental examinations, even if not to worry.