Cyst on the gums in a child: treatment
Cyst on the gums the child is not just education, but the inflammatory process which require referral to the dentist. Many people try to remove the cyst with the help of traditional medicine, after all, to persuade the baby to go to the dentist very difficult. What do experts think about the effectiveness of home treatment and how to get rid of the formation on the gums, take a closer look.
The reasons for the formation of the cyst
Cyst is a lump that appears on the gums in the oral cavity. Doctors have identified several causes cystic masses:
- The inflammatory process at the root of the tooth. A bump can be formed like indigenous and dairy tooth. The appearance of the pouch exudate is the response of the child’s body on the infectious process that develops as a result:
- The lack of timely treatment of carious teeth, pulpitis and periodontitis. Usually, such manifestations of children suffer from neglectful parents, relating to negligent treatment of teeth;
- Injury to the gums or teeth when you fall or impact;
- Unscrupulous physician relationship to treatment. For example, when filling a doctor poorly cleaned and closed the channels of the tooth;
- Problems associated with teething. The so-called cyst eruption of teeth in children you may notice a few weeks before the alleged appearance of the milk or permanent tooth. This phenomenon does not require any professional intervention, as after the eruption of the lump will disappear.
Looks like a cyst
Dentists called the cyst — SAC. In appearance, education really looks like a bag with exudate. Round or oval-shaped inflammatory mass filled with pus. The pouch is attached to the tooth root. The structure is dense connective tissue.
Cystic inflammation appears the result has penetrated into the root of a tooth infection. The body trying to get rid of the inflammatory process meets the cysts, thus preventing the penetration of infection into the body.
Varieties of formations
In medicine, the cysts are divided into several types:
|Innate.||Such a cyst on the gums in infants appears in the result of the difficulties with teething.|
|Pearl.||The inflammatory process in the gums, accompanied by the formation of capsules white.|
|Cyst eruption.||Observed in children during the change of milk teeth at the root.|
|The periodontal.||This education occurs during tooth eruption, or as a consequence of a malformed tooth.|
|The follicular.||Dangerous complications. The emergence of education facilitates the penetration of the fragment of the tooth in the gum, when injury, accompanied by violation of the integrity of the teeth.|
|Residual.||The formation appears after an unsuccessful removal.|
|Radicular.||Appears in advanced pulpitis, caries, after the poor treatment.|
The clinical picture
It is very difficult to catch the moment of formation of cystic inflammation. The patient in the early stages do not care, in the oral cavity changes are observed. The dentist usually detects the formation of the oral exam. To carry out the treatment in the presence of the cyst very difficult.
When the cyst is fully formed appears of a channel that connects a source of inflammation with the external environment. To find out the fistula on the gums, neck or cheek.
The symptoms of cystic masses:
- Pulsating pains in the field of the alleged location of the cyst;
- The rise in body temperature;
- Swelling of the cheek or lip;
- Violation of symmetry of the face;
- Refusal of food;
- Malaise, weakness.
Moms are noticing swelling of the face suggest that the child fell and got a bruise of soft tissues of the face. You need to be careful to the baby and to inspect the oral cavity for the presence of tumors of the gums, lumps and ulcers.
To treat a cyst you need at any stage. Tactics of therapy does not depend on the localization of education but different from that used in respect of milk or permanent teeth. If the cyst occurs in the milk tooth will be removed to the infection has not spread on the permanent.
Molars dentists are trying to save. To do this, use the following therapeutic techniques:
- Transanally dialysis with the use of laser. This method of therapy involves inserting an optical fiber in the area of cystic masses. Widely used laser technique in pediatric dentistry. Contraindications for the procedure are narrow nerve canals and a large cystic cavity;
- The therapeutic approach to the problem. In this case, the unsealing of the tooth, with the scrubbing channels and multiple processing with antiseptic solutions. After the tooth cavity exempt from inflammation, it is covered with a new seal. Regarding children, this method is not applicable because visits to a dentist will have to repeatedly;
- Cystectomy. This method provides a solution to problems through surgical intervention. The cyst was removed together with a portion of the tooth root. Any pain the surgery the patient brings. The only thing that the procedure is long and takes about 1 hour. Regarding children, this method does not apply;
- Cystostomy. The method involves the resolution of problems through surgical treatment. Dentists clean the front of the cyst, further draining the pus from the cavity and thoroughly treated with antiseptic solutions.
If you suggest that the formation on the gums is not that other, as cysts teeth the child go to the dentist. To deal independently with a problem, not only senseless but also unsafe.
The use of herbs and rinse does not solve the problem, but only relieve the condition. The lump may be smaller in size, but the inflammatory process is completely eliminated, since the rinse fluids are unable to penetrate to the dentist root.
Treatment at home
Doctors are advised to use the recipes of traditional medicine as an additional therapy that reduces the inflammatory process in the oral cavity. Before yourself to begin treatment, get advice from a specialist about the appropriateness of the therapy.
What you can do to reduce inflammation:
- Applying to the gum a leaf of Kalanchoe;
- Wipe inflamed area oil sesame.
- Treat the affected gum alcohol infusions;
- Rinsing with salt solutions;
- To disinfect the mouth decoction of sage, calendula, thyme, chamomile, horsetail.
Solutions and infusions should be warm, but not hot. Impact on inflammation high temperatures will increase the purulent process in the tissues.
In the absence of a rational treatment, the cyst leads to complications. At the exit of pus out is the infection of the adjacent tissues. The contents of the cyst penetrates into the gums and can contribute to the development of flux.
With constant purulent process there is a loss of bone. The blood pus can get into the bone marrow. With the defeat of the jaw bone to avoid tooth loss.
The pus gets into the digestive tract, causing inflammation of the mucous membranes of the stomach. When the penetration of the exudate into the blood, may develop pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
What will happen if you do not take action to remove purulent bumps?
- The inflammatory process spread to the beginnings of the permanent teeth, thereby developing adentia;
- The development of the inflammatory process in the tonsils and adenoids;
- The weakening of immune forces of organism;
- In the absence of a fistula, the pus will go inside the cells, which leads to the development of cellulitis, abscess and inflammatory processes of internal organs.
Because of the risk of complications of the cyst must be removed. To prevent the development of cystic inflammation must resort to preventive measures and regularly monitoring the health of mouth dentist.
Preventive measures never hurt anyone. On the contrary, who cares about the condition of the oral cavity, is protected from the development of dangerous pathologies. Early detection of lumps on the gums will help to quickly deal with the problem. As the diagnosis established by the doctor, you need not to frighten the child, and in all sorts of ways to convince you that dental treatment is not scary.
At home a child must have:
- Right, and most importantly to ensure regular cleaning of the teeth;
- Teach your child to rinse your mouth after each meal. Show by example how to conduct this procedure. As used antiseptic solutions, decoctions and infusions of medicinal plants;
- Toothbrush should be soft and preferably natural bristles. Keep the subject of personal protection should be a closed case. Process the brush after each cleaning with an antiseptic or with boiling water;
- If the child is very small and the teeth are just going to cut, use the gel relieves pain and has anti-bacterial properties;
- Be careful with the baby, remove hazardous objects on which it can injure the gums or jaw. Keep toys;
Always inspect your child’s mouth for the presence of inflammation and suspicious entities. In case of pathological processes do not delay the visit to the doctor.