Cyst on the gums: treatment at home, photos, symptoms
Cyst on the gums is use a formation filled with pus. In this article we will find out whether treatment at home, what are her symptoms and how the disease looks in the photo.
Why is there a cyst on the gums?
A cyst is a cavity which contains dead cells, pus and bacteria. Has a tendency to increase gradually and can destroy the tooth roots and bone tissue. In complicated cases, may increase the temperature, deterioration of General condition and swollen lymph nodes on the background of inflammation.
The reason for the formation of the following factors:
- low-quality filling of root canals, unfortunately, during root canal treatment dentists make mistakes. Poor treatment leads to various complications, even loss of the tooth. The main mistake is that during the treatment, sealing of the channel is not up to the top of the root, the result is a cavity in which the inflammation begins. Developing periodontal abscess. If pus accumulates too much, it is outside of the root and formed a cyst on the gums;
- delayed treatment of pulpitis and caries — regardless of age, periodontitis can begin in adults and in children. A disease that develops as a complication of caries and pulpitis. In periodontitis purulent accumulation is localized in the apex of pus, but eventually penetrates the mucous membrane of the gums;
- perforation of the tooth during treatment, the dentist can prevent a very big mistake during the cleaning and processing channel to make a hole. This is possible, if the doctor incorrectly installed the pin, or was engaged in treatment of a tooth with no pre-radiography, i.e., blindly. In the end, to seal the channel does not work, because there is liquid, it causes inflammation and periodontal abscess develops, which eventually results in a cystic formation on the gums.
In rare cases, it may appear as a complication of sinusitis. The appearance of the cyst during pregnancy requires an immediate visit to the dentist.
At the initial stage of the disease the inflamed periodontium. The patient feels discomfort in the gums and notice a small swelling. However, not always at this stage of the disease to seek dental care and the disease continues to progress. In the area of swelling appears granuloma, which then turns into a cyst.
Quite a long time, the patient may not be aware of their disease, as it can occur completely asymptomatic. Sometimes the cyst may be felt during nadkusyvat or when pressing on the gums.
During colds, against the background of low immunity, the infection escalates, which is manifested by acute pain and increased geobrowser. Along with the painful sensations of the patient appears swelling of the gums and cheeks, may increase the temperature of the body.
Treatment of cysts on the gums is carried out in two ways: surgical and conservative.
During surgical treatment it is possible to conduct cystectomy when the cyst is completely removed along with part of the tooth root and hemisection, when removed cystic the entire bag together with the root part of the tooth.
In the conservative treatment of the tooth is opened and cleaned of purulent content. To relieve the symptoms, the doctor may remove the cyst to leak all of its contents, followed by considerable relief.
Conservative treatment has its drawbacks, as there is a risk of re-development of cysts.
Modern medicine can save even extremely heavy teeth, so the removal resorted to only if none of the methods proved to be effective. When your dentist recommends that you remove the tooth, but you don’t know what to do, contact another hospital, perhaps another expert will take to save your smile.
Treatment of cysts is quite time consuming and very expensive. In order to resolve fully the education and the root cause will have to make one visit to the doctor. A dentist operates in the following sequence:
- The cyst treatment begins with root canal treatment. Regardless of whether it was previously performed sealing or not – they rasplanirovke. In the case of a primary manipulation with channels – removed pulp.
- To remove the purulent contents of the cyst, the channels are washed with antiseptics.
- In the purified fluids from the cyst cavity is injected drug has an antiseptic effect.
- Together with the entered drug channels are sealed with a temporary paste, which also has an antiseptic effect.
- Medication can do a few months, so occasionally you will need to come to the dentist for the installation of a new.
- To make sure that the cyst completely disappeared or decreased significantly, then conducted x-rays, if the net, then proceed to the next step.
- Of the channels is extracted temporary contents and filled with gutta-percha on a regular basis.
- After the sealing of the channels is restored the integrity of the tooth.
Cyst on the gums treatment at home
Even treatment folk remedies is best done after seeing the dentist. At home, you can effectively practice preventive measures that will help reduce inflammation and reduce the cyst without surgery.
To prevent a large number of dental diseases, it is important to observe hygiene of an oral cavity. Flossing, mouthwash, and every three months change your toothbrush.
In order to prevent you can use folk remedies, which have a disinfecting effect, these include, for example, sesame oil. To reduce the swelling, the gums can be applied swab pre-moistened in sesame and clove oil.
To reduce inflammation use the following herbal remedies:
- tea tree oil;
- cranberry juice;
- oil of bergamot, mint and almonds;
- water with a small amount of lemon juice.
All plant parts have antiseptic properties, helps fight pathogenic bacteria in the oral cavity.
Video: a cyst on the gums.
► How to heal a cyst after removal?
After conservative therapy, the symptoms can leave immediately. If you did the surgery, the healing process usually takes several weeks. To ease the recovery period can be treated with antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatories. At home you can gently rinse your mouth with antiseptic plant compounds.