Deep bite in adults: how to fix photos before and after treatment
What to do if you have developed deep bite in adults? How to fix it, photos before and after treatment, prevention — we will tell about this article.
The anomaly affects the incisors of the upper jaw, which with his body overlapping the lower. The disease threatens to loosening of teeth and even ulcers.
Why develop deep bite? According to dentists, predraspolagatmi factors are also in utero. Transferred during pregnancy infection or chronic disease (anemia, endocrine disorders) can cause such effects. Anomalies in the development of the dentition is sometimes inherited.
Etiology of deep bite:
- defects of musculoskeletal system (acquired, innate);
- diseases of the metabolism;
- late teething;
- pathology of the digestive system, ENT-organs;
- abnormalities of speech, sucking, breathing;
- injury of the jaw;
- erasing dental tissue.
The pathogenesis is not always associated with these reasons. Deep bite develops under the influence of bad habits in childhood. Affect is a constant biting of the lower lip, an addiction to sucking fingers, pacifiers.
The violation divided by the overlap of the anterior teeth on the horizontal (upper jaw) and vertical (lower part).
► Deep bite is divided into 2 types.
One of them is the distal. Visually clearly expressed at any age. Collections decreases, mowed to the side, changing the proportions of the face. When you smile exposed teeth and a large part of the gums. How strong is formed of the protrusion depends on the individual structure of bones.
Subdivide the distal occlusion in 1 and 2 subcategories. In the first case, the teeth acquire a fan-shaped position, side number is shrinking. In the second type of pathology of the tooth tissue on the upper jaw is tilted at its maximum angle, the gap between them.
Is the distal form of three kinds:
- Open bite — upper-lower direction is a gap, since it is not meshed side and front teeth.
- Protrusion of the upper incisors, which are deflected forward. Because of this, between them there is a gap, called the sagittal.
- A deep overlap the lower incisors occurs on the upper third of the crown.
The second form is a neutral bite. It does not manifest itself visually, it is impossible to see, even in adults, since no imbalances in facial features there. Pain in the jaw, only at the later stages, when the disease is long-term.
The supramental fold is formed, the lower teeth overlapped the upper. For 18 years, they noticeably wear out and become bare, there is inflammation and the risk of gingivitis. With neutral occlusion, the degree of overlap is deep, medium and low.
This form of the disease affects the articulation of sounds. The variety depends on how badly disturbed pronunciation:
- protrusion of incisors (upper), which declined forward;
- deep, in which the third overlapped the lower teeth;
- side open — one side of the crown are not closed.
What is the danger of deep bite? Pathology brings an aesthetic inconvenience, affects the function of the jaw — chewing. There is a constant injury to the mucous membrane, loaded front teeth, there is bruxism (strong grip, squeaking them).
Due to friction the enamel becomes thinner, the disease negatively affects the joints the front part. Bruxism sometimes persists even after the anomaly corrected, so it’s best to start early treatment.
Deep bite has and long-term complications — the gradual loosening of the teeth. This will subsequently lead to loss of already in 30-35 years. High risk of periodontitis, gingivitis, an opening appears between the teeth.
Threat and implications for the development of pathology in mandibular and temporomandibular joints. This illness is accompanied by constant pain in the head and when chewing, clicking in the time of the opening of the mouth.
Photos before and after treatment
How to fix a deep overbite in adults?
Correction the best chance of this anomaly in children, but adults can get the right help.
- sometimes the dentist recommends plastic correction of frenulum. It is better to settle for a short surgical intervention in order to prevent the formation of an incorrect bite in the future;
- adults to change the position of the teeth more complicated, but now it is at least possible. The dentist always tries to find a suitable method of treatment, taking into account the degree of anomaly. Sometimes you have to cut the upper teeth and to restore the correct position by means of crowns. This decision corrects only the aesthetic problem, the root cause is not affected.
- braces help in pathological positioning of the teeth in the gum, apply a facial arcs. Wear it sometimes even several years if the case is complex.
- in adulthood, the overbite is not always possible to treat only the bracket system. Sometimes surgery — osteotomy. During surgery the bone is separated from the sky and the upper jaw, and after they are fixed by titanium screws and plates. Despite this ability to speak is retained even at the initial stage after the intervention.
Yourself to cure crooked teeth is impossible, but significantly helps to improve the result, myogymnastics. When the deep bite is just being formed, it will help to cope with the problem (assuming the quality and performance of the daily exercises). The greatest effect gives the myogymnastics under the age of 7 years, but in adults it brings excellent results. When performing the complex you need to follow the rules:
- You need to train all areas of the mouth. With any malocclusion using different exercises that are advised by the dentist.
- The amplitude is to be maximized.
- After every load there’s a pause.
- Complex until a light degree of muscle fatigue.
Correction already developed violations long after wearing braces it is sometimes necessary for several years. Preventive measures will help to prevent functional disorders of the jaws. They include:
- treatment of caries;
- correct position of baby during feeding.
- correction of posture;
- controlling the position of the baby sleep;
- prevention of diseases of the skeletal system;
- the inclusion in the diet of solid food (nuts, carrots, apples);
- stopping from sucking objects;
- prevention of somatic and chronic diseases.
Principles of jogimatti has been described above, it was successful not only for the correction of already occurred violations, but also for prevention. Muscles are constantly training, and operate normally.
Equally important to appear regularly at the dentist to prevent pathological processes and disease.
Video: correcting malocclusion in adults.
For a long time wearing braces. Bite slightly recovered normal shape, but still, the discomfort was great. The dentist suggested surgery. Most unpleasant in this whole procedure is taking antibiotics and swelling of the face. The intervention was performed under General anesthesia, I was fine. The swelling gradually subsided, and after 16 day I was fully back to normal life, went to work. After 2 weeks I unscrewed the screws and now there are only a little to adjust the shape of the teeth. Finally, my smile will bring me so many complexes!
After the installation of braces for some days such pain that he could not eat. The doctor said it was within normal limits. Discomfort still easy to eat, but after a week I’m full to the system used. I have a small deformation of the bite was, but if you compare pictures, it is very noticeably improved oval face. Wearing braces for 4 months and have such results!
With a deep bite suffered since childhood, two years ago decided to go to the orthodontist. Initially corrected with braces, but the doctor warned that without operation not to manage. At the moment I have almost recovered the bite, even the person visually stretched when it was the right one. Despite the fact that I had quite neglected anomaly, I regularly perform still myogymnastics. I like the result.
► How to wear braces?
The duration of treatment with orthodontic system depends directly on the degree of malocclusion. You can’t wear it longer than 2.5 years. The average period of recovery takes 1.5-2 years.
► Is it possible to do veneers deep bite?
Can only be used for minor anomalies.
► Do in the army?
The disease belongs to the subcategory of date «b». If the effectiveness of the mastication is at 60%, there is no separation of the jaws by more than 10 mm, are drafted into the army. When severe fragmentation may be exempt from conscription. Often in this case get a reprieve.