Dental bridges: types, solid, metalloplastmass
One of the most common methods of recovering lost for any reason the teeth is prosthetics bridges. Modern dentistry has in its Arsenal a lot of the newest, sometimes revolutionary technologies and materials allowing to resume the main task of the teeth — the chewing of food. And thanks to the long life bridges be simply irreplaceable. Although it is not necessary to forget about the importance of choosing the right materials for the manufacture of structures and taking into account other indicators. Because it affects how successful will be the installation of dentures and duration of their use.
General information on dental bridges dentures
Bridges are fixed dentures consist of two dental crowns, which are artificial teeth. Attach a bridge supporting units, they in turn must be healthy, strong, sustainable.
As a rule, the resumption of the natural, teeth nature functions, you need to lower elements. The grinding of the reference units will put them at risk due to the increased load. On the front elements most often used prosthetic implants in conjunction with high aesthetic requirements to the teeth in this area.
Positive and negative characteristics of bridge dentures
The use of bridge objects is one of the most popular types of prosthetics thanks to undeniable advantages:
- Bridge construction quickly and efficiently solve a number of aesthetic and functional abnormalities of the dentition. With their help, resume not only destroyed to varying degrees the teeth, but also replace completely missing.
- Tangible savings. In order to restore dentition often use a bridge prosthesis on implants. In this case the fixation of implants and single dentures, costing patients much more than a bridge product.
- Implantation most often not needed. On both sides of the teeth with pathologies is one healthy? Great! Bridge will be installed on these units.
- A pleasant appearance. Dentures, in particular ceramic bridges have a natural appearance. They repeat the shape and color of teeth, given by nature to man, so that no one will know the true state of Affairs.
- Efficiency. Proper selection of shape and material ensures absolute recovery of all functions of the dentition.
- A quick adaptation process. Its duration is on average not more than a few weeks.
The negative aspects include:
- The possible formation of chips. It is known that even the most sturdy and durable materials can have defects. In the case of cleavage, the product will need to completely change.
- The grinding of healthy teeth. This procedure when installing bridge products, unfortunately, inevitable. With the aim to fix a design form the skeleton of the natural teeth, with tooth and grinds it leaves only a small core called the stump.
- Damage supporting teeth. Of course, bridging the support units can not affect them negatively. Once the teeth of the support can just go wrong, and then the only option would be to install a removable prosthesis or implants.
Main types of dental bridges
Systematization depends on the material used, the method of its production and fixation to mucosa. Depending on the degree of adhesion to mucosa of the following types of dental bridges:
- Tangent, when one side touches the gums that is popular in engineering work with the front elements.
- Wash when to make the care of the prosthesis more comfortable and easy, between the structure and the gums leave the space, thus preventing the stuck food debris.
- Saddle when the product is thoroughly adheres to mucosa. Used not often, but sometimes without it is difficult.
Typically used fixed bridges. But sometimes used removable, convenient bridge — Nesbit. Its fitting is performed on the supporting elements by duplica pornograghy clasps. The abutment teeth are exposed to for making them undercuts for special overlays, and the area with artificial teeth is performed from metal or plastic material.
The most common bridges
Another name for glue. The manufacture of such bridges occur from svetopribor, the support elements are connected by a strip of fiberglass. This type of prosthesis is considered temporary as the wear resistance and strength of products is much worse than their counterparts from other materials. However, the price is quite attractive.
Also in this case we can speak about the struggle with abnormalities of dentition to prevent the further occurrence of defects in the dentition. Besides using bridges without grinding the teeth, the patient naturally keeps the teeth healthy, prolongs their service life.
Lightweight, aesthetically attractive, but over time the color may change, becoming darker. Plastic bridges do not belong to the group of wear-resistant and durable, because they, due to a lack of durable material, high likelihood of splintering. The above characteristics possessed by metalloplastmass, lead to the fact that increasingly this material is used as a temporary.
Not able to withstand high loads, are mainly used to restore slightly damaged tooth or for the purpose of its temporary protection. The advantage of front and side teeth.
Dentures retain a stump or are a transitional phase for the installation of more reliable ceramics, metal-ceramics. Bridges are fixed dental prostheses of this type by means of special hooks — clasps that securely hold the product in your mouth.
The most popular denture in connection with the external attractiveness (through the use of a new element — zirconium oxide) and excellent functionality. So, thanks to these structures creates a strong and long (up to four elements) design. In addition, these products are hypoallergenic.
Popular when installing the designs on the front group of teeth, the length should not exceed two units. Products from this material are light and the ability to accurately replicate the natural color and topography of the teeth. Thus, the dentition is intact and organic. Use these prostheses and to hide some minor defects.
Its peculiarity lies in the fact that the grinding of the tooth is not completely. Maryland bridge involves creating small cavities in the abutment teeth, where you will set the legs of the structure which are closed by seals.
Its name these products are due to the method of manufacture in which the bridge comes out whole, with no seams, and the material homogeneous. These structures feature high strength, reasonable price, but it can not boast good aesthetic characteristics.
Today, solid bridges have been little used and strictly only for chewing units. The main advantage — long term use, but it is very important the exact fixing in the mouth.
For mounting on the abutment teeth often use denture tabs, in situations where damage to weak and lacks a single element. The use of solid bridges in the two working groups of the dentition simultaneously, not worth it. Alternative — bridges on implants, in a situation where recovery shall be more than four, adjacent to each other, the teeth.
Indications and contraindications for a prosthesis
The indications for the installation of dental bridges are:
- the lack of a single tooth or group of teeth;
- various pathologies of the teeth, in situations where to fix them in other ways is impossible;
- planned replacement of prosthetic devices.
- bruxism — grinding of teeth;
- the loss of the three outermost units;
- pronounced malocclusion;
- painful abrasion of teeth;
- periodontal disease;
- diseases of oral cavity, respiratory tract and internal organs in the acute phase;
- cancer of the disease;
- first and last months of pregnancy;
- pronounced allergic to anesthetics;
- hypersensitivity of the gums, enamel;
- illness mental in nature;
- alcohol and drug addiction can also become the reason to cancel surgery.
Method of installing a dental bridge
The preparatory phase
Bridges on implants or without them present a very complex product. Before you set it, it must not only produce, but also to undertake preparatory work with the patient.
- First of all, it is necessary to spend sanitation of the oral cavity: cure tooth decay, periodontitis, and other diseases. In addition, the doctor may suggest conducting a teeth cleaning to eliminate all dirt.
- Also at this step the definition of the type of prosthesis selected material of the prosthesis for each patient individually. The doctor evaluates the condition of the teeth decides how suitable abutment teeth to perform their function. As for the material, it is selected by the patient and often the choice depends on the client’s solvency.
- If necessary, placement of implants, first conducted this operation. And only at the end of the postoperative period a full set of crowns. Standard dentures are dentures involves the grinding of the reference units, the usual unloved by many a drill.
- The removal of casts — the final stage of the preparatory phase. Also during this period, you select the shade of teeth using a special scale Vita. Direct manufacture of various types of bridges is performed in the laboratory without any involvement of the patient.
Fitting is a very important stage of the installation bridge. It is not excluded that the body will not accept the foreign body will reject it, then problems may arise: as a General deterioration of health and exacerbation of chronic illnesses or even, you may need complete removal of the product.
Before installing solid bridges or other bridge design for permanent cement, it is set to temporary, where it will stand not less than one week. This time is sufficient in order to understand possible problems with further use of the bridge. If necessary, the bridge is gently removed without causing inconvenience to healthy teeth. And only after successfully passed the test, you can start the final installation design.
The crown carefully, using special wiping off the temporary cement of the funds removed from the tooth. The inner part of the structure clear of pollution, the abutment teeth treated with antiseptic drugs. After that, the teeth cause permanent cement and set the bit. Residual cement must be immediately removed.
The adaptation period after fixable prosthesis
The first week after the set bridges (regardless of what types of materials were used), must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not eat too cold or hot foods because the tooth sensitivity during this period greatly increases.
- Chewing should occur in the opposite direction from the location of the construction side of the jaw.
- Increased body temperature, dizziness, pain, overall poor health is a reason to consult a doctor immediately.
- Even with an excellent health and the absence of complaints is required after 30 days of prosthesis to visit the dentist.
Rules for the care of the prosthesis
A fixed bridge requires no less quality than natural teeth care.
- Design of ceramics are well cleaned with any abrasives and a conventional toothbrush. While brushing your teeth with dentures is no different from the usual care of the oral cavity prior to bridge installation.
- Plastic products require more careful care, since they easily gets scratched and chipped, which reduces the service life of these bridges.
- Installation of bridges, including construction of bridges and other prostheses, involves a rejection of professional teeth cleaning, especially cleaning with water under high pressure.
The cost of a bridge denture
The cost depends on the number of items that needed to be replaced and the material from which made the bridge.
- The most expensive ceramics, their cost begins from 12 thousand rubles per unit.
- Metal is a bit cheaper — about 5-7 thousand rubles per one item.
- The use of bridges based on the tab will work out cheaper by reducing the number of sections.
- And the cheapest design made of plastic, the price of which is 1000 to 2000 rubles.