Dental implants contraindications to install
As with any intervention in the body have dental implants contraindications to the installation. In some cases it is better to use alternative methods of orthodontic treatment and what complications can be after the implant placement, read this article.
When and how are dental implants
To date, the installation of dental implants is the most modern method of lost teeth restoration and the return is not only attractive smiles, but also a full distribution of load on the masticatory organs. With the correct distribution of masticatory ceases to atrophy the jaw as a result of the shape of the face is restored. This method is preferable for prosthetics that do not need to grind or remove the nerves of the healthy teeth nearby.
During implantation in the periodontal bone, inserting a titanium pin, it does not cause allergies and survives almost in hundred percent of cases. The pin is also called artificial root. When «root» has taken root, to establish a crown. In the preparatory phase is the elimination of pathologies that can lead to complications, and done a CT scan and panoramic image of the jaw to determine the place of the implantation pin.
Depending on the type of implant gums or cut, or punctured. If there was a cut, the more time is required for the regeneration of the mucosa tissue, respectively, increases the period during which infection may still occur. When the puncture to heal the gums is not necessary, it heals yourself. If the patient has contraindications associated with the possibilities of tissue regeneration, blood coagulation, lack of hygiene, it is recommended to apply the varieties of implant which when installed is less likely to injure the mucosa.
The implantation resorted to in those cases when it is impossible to use other orthodontic methods. Install them if missing several teeth in a row (due to the lack of support for the crown) if the patient is unable or unwilling to wear dentures, and if there are no extreme teeth. But the desire of the patient to implant not determinative of the surgical intervention. There are factors that are considered for the installation of artificial teeth contraindications.
How is are there any contraindications to implantation
Before implantation, the dentist will check:
- the condition of the mucous tissue of the mouth, teeth, bite;
- dentoalveolar system using x-ray;
- in the place where it is planned to implant the implant, check the thickness of the mucosa and the alveolar portion of the jaw.
The doctor in preparation for implantation prescribe laboratory studies such as:
- General analysis of blood and urine;
- blood for determination of blood sugar, HIV, hepatitis b and C, syphilis;
- additional examinations depending on the specific pathology.
Contraindications for dental implantation
For implant placement are the following contraindications:
- absolute (making installation impossible);
- relative (possible implantation, but after the corrective therapy);
- local (diseases of the oral cavity, which prevents the installation of the implant without prior rehabilitation);
- temporary (unfavorable period. After elimination of the factor, possibly implantation).
In some cases, requires additional treatment
Relative contraindications to implantation:
- insufficient mouth hygiene (in this case, the dentures are removable);
- inflammation of the oral mucosa (gingivitis, periodontitis);
- marginal periodontitis (inflammation of the tissues surrounding the tooth);
- a malformed bite;
- pathology of the temporomandibular joint (e.g., arthritis arthrose);
- pathological condition of bone tissue of the alveolar process;
- diseases, sexually transmitted.
When you cannot install a dental implant
Absolute contraindications include:
- disease in which impaired blood clotting and the process of hematopoiesis as a complication may be severe blood loss;
- mental disorder. There is a risk that the patient did not adequately respond to the actions of the doctor during surgery;
- the presence of a tumor. The intervention affects the growth of tumors and their metastasis;
- failure of the immune system. After the operation, in the period of ingrowth of the implant and healing of tissues, the immune system needs to work strenuously to avoid serious complications;
- pathology of the connective tissue. So artificial root has taken root, connective tissue should form around it. In scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus it is impossible;
- tuberculosis and its complications;
- chronic diseases of the oral cavity such as aphthous stomatitis, pemphigus, lupus erythematosus, Sjogren’s syndrome etc.;
- diabetes of the first type (violation of process of formation of bone tissue);
- kidney failure;
- HIV infection;
- if the chewing muscles are in hypertone, when bruxism (gnashing of the teeth during sleep).
General and local contraindications
General contraindications for the implantation of the teeth are considered the following factors:
- if the patient is medically prohibited any intervention;
- the impossibility of carrying out anaesthesia because of intolerance to the anesthetics (during medical manipulation is done in local anesthesia, and if necessary given a sedative. If you want to have implantation the number of pins or to increase bone, it is a General anesthetic);
- somatic diseases that may be aggravated by implantation (cardiovascular disease or rheumatic);
- diseases of the Central nervous system (inability to control movement or inappropriate behavior);
- a long depression;
- when conducting drug therapy certain drugs (e.g., antidepressants, anticoagulants);
- the depletion of the body.
Local contraindications for dental implantation:
- the lack of culture of caring for the oral cavity;
- failure of bone tissue or the inability of the implant because of its structure;
- pathology structure of the jaw, malocclusion;
- carious lesions of teeth;
- increased abrasion of crowns of the tooth.
According to dentists, contraindications to dental implants, which makes the implantation of artificial root is dangerous and fraught with serious consequences and rejection, not so much. The majority of General and local diseases can either be cured, or previously adjusted.
For example, if it is possible to suspend or reduce the intake of certain groups of medicines to cure the infection, to carry out immunostimulation, to stop Smoking, to spend sanation of the oral cavity or to build bone tissue.
If meanwhile had lost a tooth and the patient decided to restore it, it was a long time that bone tissue has decreased and become more porous. To restore it required a sinus lift. The jaw bone is built up in height, length and width. After the procedure she needs to settle down, which can delay the implantation of more than three months.
When it is necessary to wait with the implantation
Temporary contraindications to implants:
- somatic and dental diseases in the acute phase;
- stage of recovery after diseases;
- rebuilding the immune system after irradiation.
The most likely complications of dental implants
Although the installation of the teeth implants is a complex surgical procedure, but still it is able to trigger some unwanted effects, which include:
|Painful syndrome.||It is considered a normal reaction of the body to set a foreign object. Usually pain occurs after the end of the anesthetic and lasts for 3-4 days.|
|Swelling.||Can be kept for several days after surgery. A cold compress will help to restore circulation to the tissues.|
|Bleeding.||Doctors admit the possibility of slightly bleeding in the region of the implant for 2-3 days. If the blood does not stop for longer than the specified time limit, it is required to seek the advice of.|
|The increase in body temperature.||Hyperthermia is characteristic of the postoperative period after implantation. However, it should not stay longer than four days, it speaks of the rejection of the implant.|
|The discrepancy between the joints.||This happens very rarely because the surgeons use very strong thread. This situation suggests the presence of inflammation or mechanical damage.|
|Periimplantitis.||The most serious complication that is characterized by inflammation of the area around the implant. This is due to the contact with the wound pathogenic organisms. According to dentists, the vast majority of cases this happens because of the non-prescription and lack of hygiene.|
Some patients stop from implantation of a titanium pin is not only the need for preliminary treatment of some common diseases or the fear of complications, but also the relatively high cost of such services and the time spent. A couple from the installation of a titanium pin, to obtain the result in the form of an artificial tooth may take up to a year.