Dental implants: placing, stages, timeline
Today, many people wonder what dental implants. It is called a special procedure, which consists in the replacement of missing teeth with artificial analogues. These techniques can help to solve the problem for the return of the attractiveness of the smile after tooth loss. Modern implantation has many advantages, most important of which is the fact that after the installation of the implants the person does not feel discomfort since they tend to dangle and move in the mouth. Fixation of dental implant is done efficiently, so you can not worry that the process of dialogue or a meal from your mouth will drop implanted teeth. So, what is dental implants clear. Now we should tackle the question of why is highly recommended the restoration of teeth. Until recently, people thought that teeth must be restored on the basis of considerations of an aesthetic nature. But in fact there are other most important aspects. Typically, the jaw bone, which is located near the dropped item loses its usual load, which leads to the fact that she soon begins to atrophy. A similar phenomenon can affect the entire face, changing its shape. To avoid such situation it is necessary to place the fallen tooth, put the implant.
Before conducting the installation of the teeth implants, the patient is directed to special examination, after which a qualified technician determines the need to place implants.
The survey includes a number of simple procedures, the main of which are x — rays of the jaw superimposed on it with the radiopaque material. The primary objective of this survey is to calculate the intervals that prevail between the objects used in the manufacture of implants. In rare cases, the dentist may refer the patient for x-rays of the oral cavity. According to the obtained sighting pictures the doctor can determine the exact thickness of the mucosa where they will put the implants. During the procedure, the doctor uses just a few materials and prescribes bipotentiality. Through this method the doctor chooses the most suitable material for each individual patient.
It should be noted that an important component of the preparatory work for the procedure for implantation of the jaw or a separate unit is the psychological impact on the patient.
So, in some cases, the patient is dental implants? Basically, the implantation is performed if the patient:
- missing one tooth;
- missing several teeth in a row;
- missing extreme elements.
- there are no all.
Like most medical procedures, the procedure of implantation has a number of contraindications. To put dental implants is strictly prohibited to those people who suffer from the following chronic diseases:
- disease cancer;
- bone diseases in which reduced their property recovery;
- circulatory disorders in the body;
- violations of correct work of the Central and peripheral nervous systems.
The above factors are absolute contraindications, but there is also the relative major of them:
- the patient has periodontitis;
- improper oral hygiene or its absence;
- increased abrasion of enamel;
- neoplastic diseases of the jaw and face;
- the presence in the body of any metal implants, e.g., pacemakers;
- the phenomenon of grinding;
- problems with the temporomandibular joint;
- atrophy of the jaw;
- close himaruya sinus;
And finally the third group of contraindications(special) include the following factors:
- addiction to drinks containing caffeine;
- wrong way of life.
Methods of implantation
Today, there are several ways of implantation. The doctor chooses for a patient more appropriate ways based on the individual characteristics of the patient and possible clinical manifestations.
So, the basic methods of dental implants to the following:
- In a single stage(transgingival implantation).
- Implantacija without the connection of the bone tissue.
Let us examine each method in detail to understand how dental implants and learn what are the stages of implantation.
The installation of the teeth implants was developed in the eighties of the last century. If you insert implants in this technique, the immediate result can’t wait. The fact that the terms of General treatment can be stretched for the whole year.
The clinical method includes the following terms of dental implantation:
- After removal should be at least two or three months before installing the implant
- Required is the growth of bone tissue, if it is somewhere no
- In the case where it conducted capacity-tissues of the bone, the dental implants is performed only after six months
- The crown is set at the time between 3-5 months after implantation, depending on where the implant is delivered.
Classic dental implantation has the following advantages:
- the technique is more precise and thoroughly developed;
- the ability to set on implants bridges on several units at once;
- the implant can be installed without the use of gingival cutting.
In one step
The main feature of this method is that to perform the implantation can be within just one week. So, as a set of implant for one-step procedure? This method has several ways through which you can insert dental implants. These include:
- in one phase;
- minimally invasive;
- seamless and others.
Sleduet be noted that the surgery to insert an implant in one-stage technologies are shown only for those patients who have sufficient bone tissue.
The advantages of single-stage implantation include:
- the process of implantation does not last more than four sessions;
- the patient is spared the possible pain;
- perfect for people who are characterized by fear of medical procedures;
- can be fast enough to implant individual teeth.
Laser prosthetics is different from other operating activities the fact that in this case, the experts used a scalpel, high-tech laser equipment.
Analyze how do implants with a laser. If having Lasik implantation process it is not possible to divide in stages for a few major procedures. The first involves preparation of the patient, that is, an x-ray image of teeth, renting of the necessary tests. Then comes the second stage, that is, laser surgery. Its duration does not exceed one hour.
The advantages of this technique include the following:
- quick implementation of all provisions of the procedures;
- pain after surgery the patient is almost non-existent;
- the operation is performed bloodlessly, that is, using a laser to solder all the cuts through coagulation;
- there is no possibility of infection because the incisions heal for a fairly quick period of time;
- surgery laser is most preferable for the doctor and more comfortable for patients.
It should be added that this method of operation eliminates the need to observe the patient all the hygienic rules of oral cavity for the period of the treatment.
Without increasing tissues of the bone
This technique is more progressive. It was developed about ten years ago. It is also called 4d implantology. This technology is the installation of implants are ideal for cases when you need to carry out the implantation with a minimum thickness of bone tissue. Today the detailed implantation of this procedure takes no more than a week.
The technology of dental implants has several advantages, the main of which are:
- the absence of contraindications based on the state of the bone tissue, it is possible to carry out the procedure even in the absence of all teeth;
- installed implant can be strengthened immediately after the procedure;
- the cost of surgery is less than with other methods;
- after a few days the patient establish a temporary crown.
The main disadvantage of this method is that it is practiced only in some dental clinics.
The prosthesis of the front teeth
Usually, the front teeth see everything, that is, they are more visible to others. As a result, their dentures is a very important task from the point of view of aesthetics.
Modern dentists can easily do their job, returning to their patients a dazzling smile.
To date, progress in the field of dentistry is very high. People can regain even those teeth which are lost along with the roots, while not violating the neighboring structure.
The main feature of the prosthesis of the front teeth is that they assume a lower load, which is not true of chewing.
To better understand how to put the implant on a front tooth it is necessary to understand some of the intricacies of the operation. In the process of prosthesis used medical instrument, which is called the pin. It is implanted in the gum and a special device in the form of an adapter abutment, which then wear the crown. Today the most commonly used titanium abutments, but there are others, for example, made of circencester dioxide, a material which is absolutely neutral to the tissues of the body, that is not cause any allergic reactions or inflammatory processes.
Assuming for aesthetic reasons, the procedure of dental implantation technology is appropriate in one step. A temporary crown in such cases it is possible to deliver immediately, which is a big advantage, because then the appearance of the patient did not change.
Immediate implantation of a prosthesis
Immediate dentures today is a very rare medical procedure. Let us examine what it is and how to put dental implants immediately after tooth extraction.
Immediate dentures procedure is called, which is performed immediately after the patient was removed the broken teeth. Most often it is used to heal wounds and incisions gums. This procedure has one big disadvantage of autumn. The fact that it is right to make the prosthesis almost impossible, because it needs to have the exact shape of the tooth. But there are clinics where this method is well practiced and very effective.
This method of implantation steps are divided into the following steps:
- By laser patient do root measurements fixed teeth
- Made prosthesis
- After days you can start to implant
It should be noted that this technology has a high cost, resulting in does not have distribution in Russia and CIS countries.
Immediate dentures are mostly assigned in the following cases:
- if there is a dental luxation and it is impossible to fix;
- if a patient suffers from periodontitis, which affects the tooth crown and its root;
- in the presence of a fracture of the tooth root, with its subsequent displacement;
- periodontitis is a severe form or chronic when it does not help any conservative methods of treatment.
You also need to know that immediate dentures are most often administered to people after eighteen years as after this age the bones are fully formed.
So, what are teeth implants, dental implant, dental implants, types of dental implants and how are they prosthetic clear. In addition to the above, we can add that today there are many varieties of prostheses. They all have their distinctive features and are divided into several basic types. Each of them applies a particular method of prosthesis according to the condition of the tooth system.
The most common types of prostheses are currently endodontic stabilizers and plastic vnutrisosudistye dentures, root and subperiosteal, plate and mini-prosthesis, disc and perosseous.
And finally, we note that to choose a clinic for dental prosthetics should be very careful. The reason is that if they operate efficiently, it may result in the destruction of the prosthesis after a few months, although on average they must serve up to ten years.