Dental treatment: how to treat
Dental treatment is a difficult and demanding job that only experienced and qualified doctors. Daily meeting with the diseases, dentists perform a series of complex manipulations establish the diagnosis, to help patients. People who have the first symptoms of diseases of the oral cavity to ensure the timely visit to the doctor will reduce the duration of therapy will reduce the percentage of probability of development of complications, saves valuable health.
The most frequent diseases of the teeth include:
- Tooth decay is destruction of tooth tissues under the influence of pathogens, and environmental factors. Disease can develop rapidly or over a long time. The disease has 4 stages of development. In most cases, rapid flow takes 6 — 12 months. The disease stage of the Cretaceous spot goes to the complete destruction of the unit. Causes of disease: poor oral hygiene, the obsession with sweets, vitamin deficiency, injury to the enamel of wearing poor-quality braces prosthetic. Predisposing factors: abnormal bite, mouth breathing, frequent colds. The primary manifestations of the disease — the formation of the enamel is chalky spots. At this stage, the pathology is easily cured without the use of the drill. Symptoms of primary, intermediate and deep lesions: formation of cavities of various size, loosening of tissue, the lack of smoothness, the appearance of roughness, pigmentation irregularities. The affected tissue does not have good fixation, the particles of enamel and dentin break away during the mechanical action and form a sharp edge. The development of disease, it is better to seek help at the first signs of the disease, and eliminate it before the tissue damage;
- Pulpitis — inflammation of the tooth pulp. Nerve fibers are located in the roots, and safely sheltered from the impact of external factors layers of enamel and dentin. With the development of caries, the tissue is destroyed, the cavity is formed. Through the hole to the nerve bundles penetrate food particles and abnormal bacteria. As a result of interaction of the nerve with the negative factors, inflammation, pulpitis is formed. Causes: cavities of the upper and lower units, jaw trauma, the entry of infection by hematogenous. Symptoms: throbbing pain in the affected unit, worse at night. Visually observed dark cavity, its dimensions vary from the degree of tissue damage. How to cure a tooth with pulpitis will tell you doctor;
- Periodontitis — inflammation of periodontal. Causes: caries, pulpitis, jaw injury, hematogenous infection from adjacent infected tissues, quality of treatment of pulpitis, deep caries. Contributing factors — hypothermia, colds. The first symptom of periodontitis — mild pain when biting. If a person is not provided with timely quality care, developing clear clinical picture of the disease: bloating, pain that increase when you bite, fever, deterioration of health. Treatment of teeth with periodontitis should be done as soon as possible;
- Periostitis — inflammation of the periosteum. Occurs in adults and children is a serious condition that requires immediate dental intervention. The reasons for the development of flux: deep caries, inflammatory diseases of the gums, periodontitis, chronic pulpitis. The symptoms of periostitis are impossible to miss: pain when biting, the formation of a small swelling at the roots of the affected units. Later stages in the development of a pathology characterized by: increased body temperature, distribution of edema on the surrounding tissue of the face and neck, asymmetry of face, the deterioration of General health of the person. In some cases, when the abscess formed a fistula. It looks like a small hole in the gum and is the tunnel between inflammation and oral mucosa. Through the fistula appear necrotic exudate. How much time will take to cure the tooth with the abscess, depending on the severity of disease and degree of infection.
When the first symptoms of the disease better hurry to the medical clinic. Expectation will lead to the fact that people will be forced to endure pointless pain and inconvenience. Prolonged neglect of the disease, develop dangerous complications that reduce immunity, may threaten the patient’s life. Types of dental treatment depend on the disease that caused the problem in the patient.
The stages of therapy when tooth decay
The dentist examines the mouth of a patient using dental mirror and probe. To establish the diagnosis and the level of the lesion tissue use additional methods of diagnosis: caries — test water and air samples, x-ray images.
Depending on the stage of the disease, there are different methods of therapy. In the pathology in the stage of spots, carry out the mineralization of tissues with special solutions and applications with fluoride and calcium. Therapy takes several sessions. After treatment, you need dynamic observation.
To cure the teeth in initial and middle stage of the disease is to remove infected tissue, treat the cavity with antiseptic solution, dry it thoroughly. With an average caries, prior to forming the seal, at the bottom of the cavity is placed a special healing bandage. Its mission — to reduce the risk of injury of the pulp. Natural enamel and dentin is replaced with a filling material. As seals used in chemical and light composites. Pros: durability, absence of toxic action, long service life. Treatment of anterior teeth is best done with the help of light seals. They have not only excellent practical characteristics, but also high esthetic requirements. Before exercise therapy, the doctor carefully picks up the color of the composite color identical units of the patient. At the end of the treatment, carried out correction of the bite, grinding and polishing of the finished seal.
Is it possible to cure a tooth with deep caries, if there is a large black cavity?
Yes, this is possible. After the operations, the unit will be healthy and will last its owner a long time. To spend treatment, it is necessary to remove the nerve fiber inside the roots.
- A drill Bur and clean the affected enamel and dentin. Before removing the nerve from the root of a lot of units, at the mouth impose arsenic paste for 3 days. The removal of the pulp and filling the canals of the canines and incisors is performed in 1 visit. Treatment of medium and deep caries is carried out under local anesthesia.
- After removal of the nerve fibers, the channels widen, treated, sealed with gutta-percha and Siller. During and after treatment is carried out x — ray control. After completion temporary filling is set. The patient goes home and watches health.
- After 3 to 4 days, if no adverse reactions, forming a permanent seal with composite. If the natural tissue severely damaged, the dentist can offer to strengthen the unit using the pin or tab. After the sealing, in some cases it is necessary to cover the treated tooth, a molar or incisor metal ceramic crown.
How to treat a tooth with pulpitis
Therapy are the same as for manipulation at a deep caries. Correct work of a doctor ensures the patient has no complications and maintaining the health unit for many years.
Methods of treatment of teeth with flux
At the initial stage of use conservative therapy to remove the diseased tissue, open root canals, conduct antiseptic treatment. To eliminate the source of infection carry out rinsing treatment solutions at home. As the treatment used soda salt solutions, infusions of herbs and flowers. For several weeks, the patient should visit the doctor for a special treatment of the channels and maintain dynamic follow-up. Subsequently, in a cavity of channels administered anti-inflammatory therapeutic paste, hold filling with gutta-percha and Siller. If adverse symptoms are absent, forming a permanent seal, correct her bite, grind and Polish.
If conservative treatment does not show effectiveness, used surgical techniques. These include: the removal of the affected units, the incision of the gums, the root resection.
How to treat teeth in periodontitis
Manipulations similar to the stages in uncomplicated flux.
First aid at home
If people can not in the near future will turn to the doctor, you can try to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms.
Taking the decision to use methods of self-medication, you need to remember, actions are intended only for temporary pain relief. For skilled treatment, consult your doctor.
To eliminate the symptoms will help:
- Painkillers. Tablets and syrups relieve pain, improve health. Tested medications are: Baralgin, Analginum, Pentalgin, Ketarol. Safe drugs in pregnancy and lactation Paracetamol and Nurofen. In the use of painkillers do not exceed the allowed dosage,, note contraindications. Before visiting a dentist, for 3 to 4 hours try to avoid taking medications;
- Rinsing with solutions of baking soda and salt, infusion of Chamomile, Oak Bark, Calendula, Sage — reduces pain and relieves inflammation;
- The use of local anesthetic gel with lidocaine will help for a while to eliminate the symptoms of inflammation;
- Relieve pain in secondary and primary caries, to help personal hygiene toothbrush and toothpaste. After removing food residue from the cavity, the discomfort will disappear.
Treatment of teeth in dentistry is painless. Do not be afraid to visit the clinic and to postpone long-term therapy. Take care of your health!