Does ibuprofen for toothache?
Does Ibuprofen for toothache — a question of interest to people who are faced with painful feelings in my teeth. We will talk about the proper use of the medication, describe in details the instruction on its application
Despite the popularity of the drug, many do not know the specifics of his actions. The great value has the ingredients and potential side effects of it. Detailed information will help you quickly, effectively and safely get rid of toothache.
Ibuprofen is a drug with a vivid anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activity. Form release tablets in a rigid sheath, round, light pink color. In cross section you can see two layers: the upper, light pink and the inner is white.
It should be stored in a dry place and do not give sunlight. The manufacturer recommends the adoption of the tool in the following cases:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- the bursitis;
- headache and toothache;
- injuries followed by inflammation of the soft tissues;
- ibuprofen is also suitable for use after tooth extraction.
The drug can be the main element of the course of treatment, and auxiliary means. As a last recommend taking in diseases of the nasopharynx, the oral cavity.
It should be noted that even though the drug and go without a recipe, but take it only after consulting a doctor.
The composition and the effect on the body
The main active substance means is actually Ibuprofen, the amount of which each tablet should be at least 200 mg. There are additional ingredients: potato starch, wheat flour, edible gelatin, vanillin, sucrose and other nutritional supplements.
What helps Ibuprofen? This medication is most recommended to take for arthritis, periodic pains in women, bursitis, headaches, painful sensations in the oral cavity, particularly in teeth.
Any irritants that affect the tooth nerve, cause severe pain. This very situation is already evidence of serious irregularities in the structure of the tooth and the need to appeal to the dentist, but if it is not possible to do it quickly, and to suffer from severe pain do not want to, then take painkillers.
Sometimes dental disease causes fever, thanks to jaroponijatuyu effect Ibuprofen can help in this situation. The medicine calms the tooth nerve, which is exposed to the painful factor that can reduce the pain after 20-25 minutes after ingestion.
How to take Ibuprofen for a toothache?
As Ibuprofen most often prescribed in pill form, then take it orally. As in most such cases, it is necessary to wash down the pill with plenty of fluids (like water). A large amount of water is required to ensure that the medication did not stay in the esophagus, as this may cause serious problems (such as ulcers).
- relieves headaches and migraines dosage is six tablets per day;
- to use the pill after a meal;
- the course of treatment should not exceed a five-day cut.
Purpose of Ibuprofen relieves headaches and migraines is to reduce human suffering before his appearance at the dentist, it is necessary to specify what kind of pain medication you took and how many times. This will help the dentist to make the correct diagnosis and to appoint effective treatment.
As stated in the instructions for use, the tool significantly reduces pain after about 20-25 minutes after ingestion, but these figures vary with the organism and severity of the disease.
If the Ibuprofen does not help you and the pain has not diminished, it is not necessary to take another dose. It is best to put everything aside and go to the dentist.
You need to take medicine after consultation with a specialist and careful reading and analysis of the user, in this case, the chance of occurrence of side effects is very low. In case of incorrect use may be the following complications:
- dyspnea, spasms in the bronchi;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (nausea, retching, diarrhea, poor appetite, changes in taste buds, very rarely pancreatitis);
- headaches, eye disorders and hearing AIDS, the deterioration of the function of sleep, anxiety, increased sleepiness, rarely hallucinations;
- allergic reactions to the active substance, which can manifest as skin rashes, itching, anaphylactic shock, allergic rhinitis;
- disorders of the urinary system: renal failure, different types of nephritis, cystitis;
- increased sweating, the appearance of ulcers and bleeding in the stomach (can occur in case of long use of the drug).
If you find yourself to side effects, immediately stop taking the drug and contact your doctor when you notify him about your symptoms and medication that you have taken.
For a given anesthetic, there are a number of contraindications, in General, they involve complex changes in the human body. In the case of at least one of the following reasons, you should refrain from taking the drug.
- disorders and inflammation in the intestines;
- forbidden to children under six years of age, and pregnant women;
- the presence of disorders of the gastro-intestinal tract and diseases associated with bleeding (stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers);
- renal and liver failure;
- hypersensitivity to any compound tools, acetylsalicylic acid;
- problems with blood clotting;
- recent surgery on the heart and blood vessels.
Special caution to take the drug during lactation, the tool passes into breast milk in very small quantities. The doctors did not observe negative effects for the child, so Ibuprofen is often prescribed for relieving pain in nursing mothers. Attention is needed to the elderly and also diabetics.
Not recommended to mix medication with alcohol.
Video: a doctor about Ibuprofen.
In General, patients respond positively. The main advantages can be called a non-prescription status, high efficiency, reasonable price, permanent availability of the drug in pharmacies.
However, users note that it is not always Ibuprofen works quickly. Sometimes the effect does not have to wait 20-25 minutes, and 40-50.
► Can I take during pregnancy?
Not, his effect on the fetus are not fully understood, but experts believe that the drug may harm the baby. Ibuprofen can be replaced with more secure counterparts after a conversation with the doctor.