Filling the canals with gutta-percha pins: methods of sealing the tooth with gutta-percha
The root canals filling with gutta-percha pins are a good option in the treatment. This therapy is used with pulpitis, periodontitis, is important for prevention of inflammatory processes of the tissues. The composition of gutta-percha filler includes a natural component, which is extracted from the juice of exotic plants. The amount is not more than 20%, the remaining elements are: zinc oxide, dyes, metal salts and plasticizers. The pins have different sizes. Available in small boxes, screen size for the convenience of the dentist.
Briefly about the gutta-percha
The product resulting from the processing of latex, has a number of advantages and meets the necessary requirements:
- The material is biocompatible with the tissues of the body. Does not cause negative reactions after sealing;
- Rarely causes allergic reactions;
- No color change of treated units;
- Has an x-ray contrast. This is an important point for the implementation of the quality control of the conducted treatment;
- Gutta-percha when heated, plastic, reliably seals the cavity and branching;
- After the manipulation, the material is not subjected to oxidation, shrinkage and resorption;
- Has strength and durability;
- Is no toxic effect on the body;
- If you experience inflammation at the apex or in the case of inadequate treatment, fillers are easily removed from cavities.
Despite of these advantages, gutta-percha has a number of negative qualities:
- Missing a bactericidal effect;
- Has a poor adhesion to dentin.
To efficiently carry out the manipulation, the dentist must have good theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Not take the drugs used in therapy.
More recently, dentists used questionable methods after the intervention in the body lead to complications. Ended sadly, the unit had to be removed. Therefore, today, almost not used:
- Treatment of resorcinol — formalin mixture. The therapy is quite fast and does not require the dentist special knowledge, skill and abilities. Drug inherent bactericidal and mummifying properties. He suspends the collapse is not extracted necrotic pulp. Cons of therapy: the occurrence of inflammation, carcinogenic and mutagenic properties of substances, the rapid destruction of the bone tissue of the treated units and the impossibility of removing material from a lumen of the root.
- Mummification of the pulp is applied partially in Pediatrics. The manipulation is carried out with the help of special pastes containing formalin. No reliable method has many disadvantages.
- Filling one paste recently been applied everywhere. The therapy is based on filling cavities with a special self-hardening sealer. Advantages of the method are: accessibility, low cash costs and minimal time of treatment. The disadvantages include: the lack of a good seal, the formation of voids, a high percentage of complications of infectious processes, shrinkage, appearance of allergic reactions.
Methods of filling the root canal with warm gutta-percha that has been used successfully:
- Depoforez exists in Russia about 12 -15 years. During the procedure, the filling of the cavities by a hydroxide of copper-calcium. Therapy is performed using special device. Manipulation feasible after devitalization of the pulp. Processing time 1 root, 5 to 10 minutes. During therapy, are observed in the discomfort.
Simultaneously with the Siler receives the electric current of low frequency. Voltage has a bactericidal effect, removes inflammation. The procedure involves 3 sessions. They are carried out with an interval of 7 -10 days. The last visit conducted canal filling dental cement. Subsequently carried out the restoration of the crown.
The method used in case of: curved, narrow obliteriruushih cavities, the presence in the lumen of the chip of the instrument, cyst or granuloma. The procedure, if performed before the defective filling of canals with warm gutta-percha. Depoforez gives good results and virtually eliminates the occurrence of complications. The tooth becomes sturdy, maintains its integrity for a long time.
- Treatment with hot gutta-percha.
Filling system Termofil takes into account the use of heated gutta-percha. Materials for therapy: filling the obturator and the instrument to warm up. At high temperatures, the filler becomes fluid and provides a reliable seal. The plasticity of the gutta-percha helps you accurately fill the lumen of the microscopic branches. Soreness after the procedure, and allergic reactions are virtually absent. The risk of inflammatory processes is low. If necessary, the pins are easily removed, carry out the necessary manipulation. The method used in curved, narrowed the gaps. Negative characteristics: shrinkage after hardening, the yield of the material beyond the apex.
The introduction of hot gutta percha is carried out using a special syringe or a gun.
- A combination of cold gutta-percha.
Technique lateral condensation is light enough, reliable, efficient and widespread. In the pre-treated cavity is entered Siler (special material contributes to a better bonding and sealing). Insert a pin of appropriate size. Is the seal detective spreader, inserted the pins of a smaller size. Upon completion of the manipulation, one root contains up to 10-12 pieces of solid fillers. After an x-ray diagnostics, the tops of the filler is cut with a hot tool. The procedure can be done in a heated trowel. The patient will feel an unpleasant burning smell that quickly disappears.
The hole is closed with a temporary filling. To restore a crown in one day with the filling of the roots is unacceptable! Method one pin is not optimal. Cons: poor sealing, high risk of infection. Therapy of chemically softened gutta-percha is quite outdated and does not apply in connection with the presence of negative properties. Filling a rotating condenser is used when only the presence of direct and circular cavities. High speed may cause breakage of the tool in the lumen of the hole. Therapy cons: poor sealing, the presence of the development of inflammatory processes.
Indications for treatment of the roots
The procedure is performed in the presence of deep caries, pulpitis, periodontitis. Often have to open the roots of treated units that are not adequately sealed and there were complications.
- The development of pulpitis is accompanied by night pain. In a few hours, often days, the inflammatory process manifests itself with greater force. Man complains of constant pain attacks. It is poorly eliminated by taking analgesics. In search of salvation patients use potent drugs. Long-term use of drugs is addictive. This leads to the fact that during treatment, even after the injection of anesthetic, the sensitivity remains high.
- In periodontitis unpleasant sensations arise during a meal, in contact with the jaws. Subsequently, the pain becomes constant. If you develop complications, there is a fistula, abscess, osteomyelitis.
- Deep caries affects the pulp units, however, removal of nerves shown. The patient’s pain does not bother me. But this is a temporary phenomenon. If dental care is not carried out, will develop a pulpitis. He will appear at the wrong time and will bring a lot of inconvenience.
The manipulation of the sealing
Therapy is carried out under local anesthesia. After the injection work, the dentist removes decayed tissue, removes the pulp, determines the length of the roots, processing them mechanically, holds filling with gutta-percha and sealer.
The quality of a doctor depend on:
- The ability to determine the exact length of the root. If polst not until the end is sealed, the risk of development of inflammatory processes at the apex. If the material goes over the top, there are headaches and toothaches, notes the presence of a feeling of heaviness and fullness from the affected units. Assistants dentist are: special K — files, the device apex locator, x-ray images.
- The quality of machining. It is done manually or using an endodontic handpiece. Its advantages: high efficiency, minimum time for work, safety.
- After the intervention, the dentist must evaluate the quality of treatment. For this, the patient is sent for re-radiograph. If it shows that the material beyond the root apex or completely fills the lumen, the doctor will repeat the procedure. Fillers are extracted, the entire sequence is executed again.
It’s fun! Not many people know that human teeth have several canals. To units are single rooted incisors and canines. Molars contain from 2 to 4 roots. Depending on the number of channels change the price for services. The dentist tells the patient in advance the approximate cost and explains the components of the price.
Solid fillers are called fillers. These include the pins:
Silver fillers have antibacterial effect. They are not sealed, it is difficult extracted after installation, corrode and produce toxic substances.
Titanium pins are strong, durable, non allergenic. They are used to strengthen the bone fracture. Subsequently require the installation of protective crowns.
Celery — soft materials. Main advantages: a good fluidity and adhesion to the walls, safe filling, sealing, ease of penetration of the filer, a slow solidification.
Natural silurum include: cement Endomethasone powder Cortisomol, material Tubliseal, Canaan Combipack. Celery polymer are poorly soluble, does not change color of tissue, have a high adhesion. Allocate the following paste: Dentsply , Meta Biomed, Espe.
Each of these sileru has a number of advantages and disadvantages, used in the presence of the dentist and the individual condition of the patient.
In pediatric dentistry using glass ionomer cements. They are safe, but have low strength and poor aesthetic performance. Cements containing calcium hydroxide possess antibacterial activity and good fluidity. They do not shrink, are visible on an x-ray picture, are poorly soluble. The disadvantages include low strength.
Unpleasant phenomenon after the procedure
For 1 — 2 weeks a person can acknowledge the presence of unpleasant sensations in the area treated tooth. The reason for this is surgical intervention in the tissue of the body. The first 2 — 3 days in the presence of hypersensitivity, pain. They can be eliminated analgesic intake: Ketorol, Nise, Deksalgin, Baralgin.
For the coming 3 days, the process eliminated, the pain disappears. If the discomfort is strong, you can carry out rinsing with a solution of water, salt and baking soda. For cooking you will need 200 ml of water and 1 teaspoon of each component. Rinse your mouth 5 to 6 times a day.
Attention! The pain persists after 2 weeks after medical intervention, it increases, be sure to consult a dentist, conducting therapy. Eliminate the development of complications. They can be:
- Allergy to the injected filler and sealer;
- The appearance of the cyst or granuloma. Pathology can be clearly seen on x-ray even in the initial stage.
Notice, complications often arise some time after treatment, although the percentage of instant manifestations. In the case of a constant pain, do not delay your visit to the dentist. Cause for concern: feeling of fullness in the region of the treated units, and discomfort when biting, the appearance of the pulsations, tissue swelling of the gums, bad breath. At the appointment the doctor will conduct x-rays and predicts the further course. In case the original roots not sealed right, the patient has the right to insist on holding a free appropriate treatment.
To reduce the risk of unfavorable outcomes, conduct dental procedures in good clinics, established doctors. Remember, repeated dental intervention:
- Traumatic psychological condition of the patient;
- Requires free time;
- Difficult for manipulation;
- Increases the risk of loss of dental units.
The article explained in detail about the methods of treatment of the roots. Describe known techniques and materials, recommendations to patients after the dental manipulation.