Fistula tooth after tooth removal: a fistula on the gums
Gingival fistula is one of the most common complications of periodontitis. Fistula tooth after tooth extraction are also not uncommon. It happens in the case when one does not observe rules of personal hygiene, and no care for a hole after tooth extraction. Fistula is a purulent formation, often spherical in shape. Yourself to cure him fail. For this reason, should definitely visit a medical specialist who will prescribe a treatment. In particular, this disease is dangerous when it comes to the baby.
Purulent formation may appear as the child and adult. Fistula on the gums indicates that at the root of the tooth inflammation chronic or acute nature. In most cases, the cause of the fistula on the gums lies in the incorrect filling of root canals. Modern medicine solves this problem by means of a microscope. However, not all dental and medical clinic with an assistant. Therefore, the main causes of fistula on the gums is either the removal of the so-called group of eight, either because of root canal treatment. The child the reason may lie in contact with infection, as at this age actively erupt teeth.
There are other causes of fistula tooth.
- Fistula tooth after tooth extraction occurs when the removal was included any infection or damage to the walls of the root.
- Inflammation of cysts on the root.
- Fistula after tooth extraction may occur in case of incomplete filling of the canal.
- When a wisdom tooth erupts.
For these reasons, at the root apex of an extracted tooth may begin to accumulate pus. As a consequence, and forms a purulent formation on the gums. To begin treatment of the fistula is required immediately.
Very often for the healing of the fistula is required to perelechivat channels. As you know, do it yourself will fail. You will be able to help but dentist. If the cause of purulent ball is periodontitis, then to heal it you can and using home methods, but after having removed the main disease.
One of the signs of the possible presence of a fistula is the large number of teeth which was decayed and was not subjected to any treatment for a long period. Very often, the disease progresses to more serious disease — periodontitis. A consequence of this disease is fistula.
For this reason it is advisable to see the symptoms of a fistula on the gums. After all, so much sooner you can start treatment of the disease. One of the main symptoms is the presence of a channel through which pus come out in the soft tissue of the jaw. Further proof you have a fistula is a small round bag on top of the gums. If the head of this spherical white disease, then the disease is already at a late stage.
Other signs of disease
There are several signs that may indicate the possible presence of a fistula on the gums.
- The presence of pulsating pain, and they gradually increase in the case pressure.
- The gums in a particular area somewhat redder.
- Discharge of pus from the hole where the extracted tooth.
- Foul odor that appears during a call the patient.
- Body temperature can rise, often to 38 degrees Celsius.
- The tooth may slightly move.
In the case of the presence of at least one of the above symptoms are urged to visit a medical specialist. Don’t forget that if you run a fistula can be various complications, for example, osteomyelitis.
As the disease
In parallel with the formation of pus formation pain decrease, but they take more aching in nature. By the time when the fistula finally matured, soreness will be final. Elite education will burst and all the pus formation will be outside. After that, the condition of the person suffering from fistula, somewhat improved. The most complete picture of the disease can only be obtained by using radiography. Only she can help diagnose the degree of severity of the disease and how severely damaged gums, teeth, and much pus in the appeared education.
Using radiography one can evaluate the General condition of the teeth. Don’t forget that inflammatory processes may occur to them.
The treatment of the disease
In the case when the cause of the disease is established. There is no doubt how to get rid of the fistula. In that case, when the disease was caused by tooth decay, then set the seal. In the case when pus formation arose under the previously treated tooth, old filling removed and install new. Between the installation and removal of seals purge channels, also for the treatment using ultrasound.
In situations when there is no relationship between the cyst and fistula, cyst in this case treat medication drugs anti-inflammatory or antiviral in nature. There are also various creams and gels that help to get rid of the cyst.
Treatment of the above disease can be performed in two methods. With the help of medications or with surgical intervention. The first method of controlling is carried out by means of the course of antibiotics. The second method implies that education will be removed.
Treatment with drugs
In severe cases, treatment involves a course of drugs. Medical resources will be effective only in the case when the mouth has been treated and all bacteria have been completely eliminated. The duration of treatment depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
The procedure for treatment of fistula by medical professional the following.
- Initially, the dentist cleans the canals of the infected tooth from any signs of pus that has accumulated.
- After that, the affected tooth undergoes treatment disinfectant.
- Greater efficiency will bring the medicinal ointment with herbs that will help to speed up the healing process of the cyst. Prior to that, it is highly recommended to rinse your mouth salt or herbal solutions.
- On the next visit the dentist removes the temporary filling. In that case, when the teeth channels are completely healed, no inflammation, tooth have put a constant seal.
- Rehabilitation of the disease is carried out using a laser. When at the medical clinic he is absent, the laser is replaced by surgical diathermy. In other words, use current. These procedures will help to avoid relapse.
Surgical treatment methods
For this kind of treatment resorted to in those cases, when the inflammation has already affected the periosteum. This is done for the reason that in the case of penetration of purulent secretions in the periosteum, will be required to save the tooth.
Also a surgical method of treatment is mandatory in cases where the cyst has grown to such proportions that it damages the periosteum. In these situations, the removal is performed with curettage of the fistulous. There is an alternative method of removing, using laser. In addition to surgery is used when there is pus in the fistula on the inserted tooth or inflamed gums.
Difficulty surgical treatment, when in the mouth, a denture. In these cases it is necessary to remove the orthopedic design. This is done with the purpose to have an opportunity to clean the canals. For this reason, treatment by this method agrees not every patient. The alternative in this situation is surgery. The reason is that this operation is less costly.
Prevention of the disease
Prevention of fistula is particularly worth doing for those people who have already suffered this illness. They have the case re-emergence of the disease slightly higher. There were cases when occur even in a completely different place. For this reason, special attention should be paid to the prevention of disease. Medical professionals dental clinics has developed recommendations, which avoids the appearance of a fistula on the gums.
- At least every six months you need to visit the dentist for preventive examination.
- You need to follow a diet, watch what you eat. Try to consume more calcium, which is an excellent prevention of virtually all diseases of the oral cavity.
- Should be at least 2 times a year to perform professional cleaning of the oral cavity, it will help to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Observe all recommendations on oral hygiene.
- The plaque should be cleaned at least once a day.
If you follow the above rules. You will never have problems with gums or teeth. In that case, when you still have a fistula, these tips will allow to avoid negative consequences and various complications of the disease.
At the modern level of medicine removal in most cases occurs by means of a laser. Qualified dentist can save a tooth even at a very late stage of the disease. In some cases there was a recurrence after removal. This is explained not by the sterility of instruments. Also the reason for the re-emergence of the disease may be a weak immune system.
When a woman is pregnant her immune system weakens. For this reason, increases the chance of occurrence of fistula on the gums. There is one feature. So as antibiotics in the case of pregnancy is contraindicated used surgery. Also, instead of antibiotics can be used other drugs, such as ointments. After any surgical intervention must be assigned a course of procedures of rehabilitation. These include the laser current and ultrasound.
Don’t forget that yourself to overcome fistula you will not succeed. The sooner you consult a doctor, the less the risk of complications.