Flux after tooth extraction what to do: how long
The appearance of flux after tooth extraction what to do about it? Sometimes occurs such a phenomenon that after extraction there is swelling and swelling of the affected area. This may be related to the improper removal, which injured the soft tissue of the mouth or failure to comply with prescribed recommendations. However, the appearance of swelling of the place of intervention suggests that the emerged flux. You should be able to diagnose the pathology from physiological swelling that occurs when you delete and also mark if you are allergic to components of the materials used. Let’s look at how you receive the flux after removal of the tooth and try to understand when exactly is the pathology and what to do in such a situation.
The causes of the disease
The appearance can be after treatment of a tooth with both conservative and surgical method. When therapeutic intervention is possible when conducting inadequate endodontic treatment of tooth canals, antiseptic irrigation, the lack of compact space-filling of the root in the treatment of complicated forms of caries (pulpitis, periodontitis). It may be flux, and with no intervention on the background microbial contamination of the oral cavity: significant sizes of cavities, periodontal pockets and other disease.
Most of the flux after tooth extraction occurs on the background of some reasons:
- Inflammation: not always the patient seeks treatment of a tooth to a specialist. Sometimes pulls to the last, yet will not develop in the tooth structure or bone inflammation. This leads to the fact that the only possible way of treatment is getting a tooth extraction. The doctor performs the extraction, antimicrobial treatment, but not always holding guarantees that the sterility of the wound;
- Difficulties in the removal process: depending on the clinical situation are different methods of extraction. It is not always possible using standard methods of removal of the tooth, with minimal time and tool costs. In the case of dystopic (not located in the right place jaw) or impacted (not prorezalsya or partially emerged teeth) used a different tack to remove. Perform the incision of the mucosa, cut the cortical plate of bone, removal of tooth, in whole or in part (the cut performed by bormashenko), after extraction of the overlay seams on the gums;
- Extraction of wisdom teeth: due to the complexity of access, the possible dystopia of retention or surgical intervention is, as a rule, lengthy, complex, and sometimes accompanied by a tear or injury to the soft tissues. The result is a swelling. In case of accidental introduction of infection in the extraction process, you may experience a flux;
- The incision: the manipulation is carried out with an abscess (limited purulent focus in the soft tissues). In case of inadequate disclosure or antiseptic treatment there is swelling, which subsequently passes into the flux;
- Allergic reaction to components of the compounds used in the extraction process.
Marked causes cannot always determine the appearance of the flux. Much depends on the General condition of the patient and individual characteristics.
The symptoms noted by the patient
Manifestations of the flux in the oral cavity after tooth extraction marked characteristic signs:
- Pain: pain noted in the hole of the tooth and soft tissues around the place of intervention, with a trend of irradiation in the head and neck;
- Swelling: swelling is visualized in the projection of the root apex of an extracted tooth, can be Spokane and in the gums of the hole;
- Place swelling of soft consistency: education on the gums filled with pus;
- Redness of the place of pripuhanie: the development of inflammation;
- Bad breath is due to microbial contamination;
- Facial asymmetry, enlargement and tenderness of lymph nodes;
- General changes: fever, weakness, disturbance of sleep and appetite;
- Rapid swelling of the cheeks, the appearance of shortness of breath, breathing difficulty, whistling, panic the patient’s condition: an allergic reaction after tooth extraction immediate type. Can be observed changes, and gradually (an allergic reaction of delayed type).
Diagnosis a doctor
In the diagnosis of the flux estimate, the results of the oral and clinical examination. In the collection of patient complaints noted troubling symptoms at the moment. And also clarify: how many days lasts the disease, held recently, the manipulation of dental or other profile, their efficacy, the pathology of other organs and systems.
On clinical examination assess the condition of the tooth holes, note the presence of inflammatory changes in the soft tissues of the oral cavity and bones. Determined infiltrate in the projection of the tops of the seized root, palpation soft consistency, painful.
Physiological oedema is marked by swelling in the area of intervention, however, the flux characteristic of many disease bones in the form of pus formation, is missing.
While conducting radiological monitoring blurred eyesight cortical plate of an extracted tooth, the area of the blackout. And perform common analyses of urine, blood. Indicators of the circulatory system will indicate inflammation. In the presence of other pathologies the doctor should send the patient for an additional consultation to a specialist appropriate profile. When performing diagnostics it is important to note inflammatory changes in the hole (alveolitis), in addition to the destruction of the periosteum.
In the case of diagnostics the rapid development of Allergy to the drug after tooth extraction the patient must be urgently hospitalized in a hospital, preferably a resuscitation of the profile.
If the patient’s physiological edema and the absence of pathology of the bone and other systems, he goes home to perform the procedures independently.
However, if the patient has marked changes in the skeletal system it is urgent to conduct the intervention for the prevention of complications. Since the treatment of the flux specifics in the surgery, perform manipulations should the dentist-surgeon.
If the patient noted the abscess, it is necessary to re-perform thorough antiseptic treatment, and to provide an outlet for the accumulated pus, backed by their actions drug therapy.
The doctor performs the following actions:
- Analgesia: in the absence of allergic reactions possible the use of any anesthetics. More likely, the staging of regional anesthesia, because the tissue infiltration at the site of lesion bone anaesthetic in purulent process gives a pronounced analgesia. In identifying the allergies of the patient to anesthesia before surgery, it is necessary to conduct a scratch test with a group of anesthetics to choose the right to use;
- Performing a cut on the gums: perform with a scalpel at the point of largest vbuhanie from one end to another, with penetration under the periosteum, to the appearance of pus;
- Thorough antiseptic treatment: run in the hole of the tooth, and the affected periosteum. Use the following antiseptics: 3% solution of hydrogen Peroxide, 2% solution of Chlorhexidine digluconate;
- Perform staging drainage: rubber a graduate placed under the periosteum, as close to the lesion, to create an outflow of pus;
- Prescribe drug treatment: the main drug is a broad-spectrum antibiotic (Amoxicillin, Ciprofloxacin, Amoxiclav). For removing the swelling used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (claritin, Suprastin). Pain medication is only necessary in the presence of strong pain syndrome (Ketorol, Nise, Analgin). To strengthen the immune system are assigned to complexes of vitamins and immunostimulatory drugs.
Every 3 days are recommended to come to the re-appointment to the dental surgeon to perform the toilet of the wound. Is antiseptic treatment, replacement of drainage. In the case of remitting inflammation of the drainage is removed and no longer installed. The resulting wound heals itself. In the absence of regeneration must perform suturing the gums.
It is important to realize that the need for surgical intervention when the flux due to the method of prevention of serious inflammatory changes rapidly on the face and neck and throughout the body.
What you need and cannot do for the patient at home
Physiological swelling of the patient to heal himself. Suitable with cold compresses applied to the site of the lesion on the cheek. Between the compress and skin, you must put the layer in order not to overcool your pet. And effectively reduces swelling of tissue overlaying saline dressings.
The sequence of intake and the dosage of pharmacological drugs determined by the physician. You must use the tool at the exact time that was stated in the recipe or specified in the instructions.
- Warm the affected area;
- To use medicines not on the recommendations or to pick their own funds: it is dangerous to the development of addiction microbial flora and thereby reducing the efficacy of the therapy;
- Not to use aspirin when intervening in the oral cavity, a dental surgeon a rupture of small blood vessels, causing thereby the occurrence of bleeding;
- For 2_3 hours to cancel analgesics: reduces the informativeness of the observed symptoms.
About the healing time of the disease
Many people worry about how long you should follow the advice of a doctor and how fast is the flux. Expert advice will be relevant until, until it calms inflammation in the bone. To keep the pains in the cheek and the gums can several weeks after the extraction or re-intervention in the removal area. If the pain lasts more than a specified period and the implementation of the recommendations of the doctor does not bring relief, consult the doctor who after examination will again perform antiseptic treatment, and, if necessary, will adjust the tactics of treatment of the flux.