Flux in a child: treatment of periostitis in children
Periostitis or an abscess, the child appears as a result of insufficient oral hygiene. Affected gums, the root of the tooth, the periosteum — if nothing is done, the inflammation, swelling can develop into a festering tumor. And this is not taking into account what suffering is accompanied by disease. But even if it occurs in a chronic form without causing serious difficulties in everyday life, the destruction of the teeth, bone structure continues. Therefore, at the first signs of periodontitis should be referred to a specialist.
Varieties of periostitis
There are two forms of the disease — chronic and acute. Last it is easy to determine, because the symptoms appear quite bright pain, swelling, accumulation of pus takes place rapidly. Plus the fact that parents have a chance to react in a timely manner, to facilitate the child’s condition.
But when he does not receive a sufficient amount of therapeutic measures, for example, due to the fact that the swelling and pain has receded, the abscess becomes chronic. Later the disease will also occur almost asymptomatic, but you don’t know about it, which is dangerous.
With the gradual expansion of the problems it spreads to nearby tissues, in the future it threatens with problems with all permanent molars.
How and why there is flux
When the destruction (as a result of untreated caries or other reasons) reaches the pulp, the root canals are vulnerable to infection. As a result of interaction of microorganisms with leukocytes, and their death pus accumulates weight, the inflammation affects the surrounding tissues.
The real reason such a process should establish a dentist, and a lot of them:
- Not completely sealed channels;
- Violation of rules of treatment of teeth, infection due to improper aseptic technique;
- Sore throat;
- The inflammatory process in the gingival pocket;
- Traumas and injuries that damage the mucosa of the oral cavity.
Time to understand that the flux in a child requires immediate treatment, so as to avoid unpleasant health effects. Please note whether the following signs of illness:
- Purulent bulge on the gums, similar to a small lump;
- Aching pain in one of teeth acute with slight pressure, during the meal;
- Swelling around one of the teeth, the area may fill with blood;
- Bad breath;
- Swelling of the cheeks, the chin, the lymph nodes (if affected teeth in the lower jaw);
- Swelling of the cheek, lower eyelid for the upper jaw;
- Mood and behavior of the child, possible moods, lethargy.
The difficulty is that in the early stages and in chronic diseases of the young organism non-responsive fever, and in some cases it reaches 38 degrees.
What are the possible complications
If time does not respond and does not begin to treat dental abscess in a child, there is a risk of not only dental effects but also other health problems. Moreover, even after opening flux, there remains the possibility of inflammatory complications, when might need emergency access to specialists. It is impossible to completely exclude the following complications:
|Cellulitis.||This is a purulent inflammation, affecting not only the original region, but nearby. It is fraught with sepsis requires an immediate response specialists.|
|Abscess.||Again we are talking about the process of formation of pus — it can start with lung inflammation and lead to its spread beyond the boundaries of the periosteum. The possible formation of fistulas as a result of the breakout of ulcers in the region of the gums, cheeks.|
|Adentia.||Due to the intense inflammation of the gums may be destroyed the germ of the permanent tooth, that is, the milk molars are never replaced by permanent.|
Taking into account all these diseases, which are able to cause subperiosteal abscess in children is extremely important time to take his medication, to go to a child dentist.
If the dental visit child is difficult to tolerate flux — there is severe pain, fever and discomfort in eating, you have to take something. Experts recommend to make use of these tips:
- If a hot compress is contraindicated, the cold is partly to help relieve pain;
- An antihistamine can also be used, but strictly in particular for children dosage. Among them Parlazin, Suprastin, etc.;
- As anti-inflammatory drugs to the dentist allowed Ibufen and Paracetamol.
And, of course, excludes any attempt to mechanically act on the bag, even if it burst.
How to treat abscess
Treatment of a flux in a child with professional diagnostics in the dentist’s office. This range of activities, including performing x-ray picture, take laboratory analyses and visual identification of relevant symptoms. After accurate diagnosis, you can talk about full-fledged therapy.
Important recommendations for parents
Some parents, noting signs of flux in the child, and what to do in this case, and what absolutely can not tolerate, do not know. Such ignorance can lead to the aggravation of the situation, so it is important to follow these tips:
- If the abscess burst on their own and there is improvement in health, to abandon a visit to a specialist is impossible. The fact that the infection without treatment can develop into chronic form of the disease;
- For the relief of pain it is strictly forbidden to attach to the cheek warmer and compresses. Also, to alleviate the suffering of the child refuse the hot drink, it is better to give cool liquid, and need to sleep, lying on the cushion of the healthy side;
- Explain to your child that touching a cone, formed on the gums, unsafe. As the result of pressure it can burst, and guarantee that will not be developing an infection, there is no;
- Pain pills and antibiotics will not solve the problem, and will deprive young body the opportunity to cope with microorganisms. To prescribe drugs should solely specialist;
- After incision of the gums by a dentist excluded aspirin alone.
Events in a dentist’s office
In each case the flux in children treated according to different schemes, it depends on age, extent of the disease, the patient’s current condition. A decision about anesthesia (local or General), pouch filled with pus, necessarily opened, the liquid is pumped out through the drainage.
Specialist also assesses how damaged the tooth enough sometimes to remove the root, but the solution may be and the complete resection of the molar. It is believed that the age of six such procedures have a negative impact on the further development of the bone structure of the teeth.
After all the activity, the dentist will appoint complex therapy, which includes anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics (Lincomycin, Ampiox, etc.) and physiotherapy.
In the first days after surgery treatment flux in children is taking a prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs. They will not only relieve persistent pain, and prevent inflammation.
A number of drugs for opolaskivanie also promotes rapid healing of purulent cavity, relieves manifestations of the disease:
- Furatsilin. It is advisable to buy a ready-made solution and apply after each meal (at least five times a day);
- Chlorhexidine (aqueous solution). Plus, this means that it is gentle on the mucous membranes without causing irritation. Use it also after meals, before bedtime;
- Miramistin. There is an age limit to apply only after three years, not before. Taken 10 ml of a solution of one rinse, only need to spend 3-4 sessions.
Along with the traditional methods, there are popular recipes that help to remove a small abscess on the gums, and to conduct additional therapy after excision of the purulent SAC. Here are a few of the funds relieves pain — it is recommended for children over two years of age:
- Propolis tincture. This component has long been known for its anti-inflammatory, healing properties. To prepare rinse take the five drops of tincture added to a glass of warm water. To use the solution is necessary at least twice a day.
- A solution of soda. Is prepared from a teaspoon of dry substance and a large Cup of warm boiled water, allowed to add a few drops of iodine. Apply the resulting solution is after meals, and special restrictions on the amount of no;
- Herbal decoctions. As the basis taken as medicinal plants with anti-inflammatory and healing properties, calendula, series, chamomile. To 250 ml of boiling water need two tablespoons of dried herb, an infusion is prepared daily and must be fresh. Four rinsing will be enough for the course, ongoing therapy to fully relieve symptoms.
The main thing you need to understand the flux of a deciduous tooth can occur at any age. And to prevent the negative development of the scenario, you need every six months to come to the reception to a pediatric dentist. Healthy teeth — the guarantee of future health permanent. Parents also depends on the quality of personal care of Chad, it is important to strongly monitor compliance with proper and regular brushing. But please make sure that the paste and brush matched exactly in accordance with age.
It is recommended on the advice of a specialist to carry out sanitation of the oral cavity, to remove lesions of dental caries, remove the stone, and after tooth extraction not to forget the prescribed preventive measures.
As the abscess develops due to a lack of a strong immune protection, it is necessary to strengthen the forces of the body. Also in the diet of the child should be solid vegetables and fruits.
How to quickly leave the symptoms
Despite all the endeavors of the body needs some recovery time to predict how many hours and days it will be possible to cope with the disease, it is impossible. If this swelling should leave after a maximum two days after surgery, the temperature in a few hours, so have to retreat and pain.
An important condition — even if a week is all right, the symptoms disappeared completely, a preventive visit to a specialist is simply necessary. The dentist will assess the result of therapy, may give additional recommendations.