Folded glossitis: causes, treatment
Folded glossitis is a genetically determined or acquired during life, the disease of language. The disease manifests itself visually determined by the increase in volumes of language, against which the furrows appear a different size. The manifestation of this pathology cannot be accurately described as a disease, but changed the external shape of the language with the emerging recesses can lead to the rapid accession of the microbial flora and inflammation. Consider the features of this disease.
The etiology of
The causes of glossitis can fold to act in the prenatal period or indicate their effects on the body after birth. It should be noted that the fold refers to anomalies of the structure.
The reasons for the formation of pathology during development in the maternal organism:
- Infectious diseases of the mother;
- Stress syndrome;
- Toxic poisoning;
- Power insufficient for the rapidly growing organism.
It also happens that the causes that lead to the development of disease, affecting adults, can cause the appearance of anomalies.
The etiology of the appearance of folded language:
- The influence of chemical or thermal agents;
- Pathology secretory system;
- Disease of the psyche;
- Disorders of the nervous system.
Note the symptoms
Folded glossitis may not always cause difficulties that are felt in everyday life. Patients noted that the increased volume of language contributes to the appearance of defects of speech and breathing. It is easier to breathe through the mouth. Most people are not satisfied with the aesthetics of the face in the background of increased language.
Shown from birth pathology is not up to a certain point of threat for the child. A parent can immediately notice the increase of the body, however, a pronounced deepening of the furrows is not marked. With age there is a gradual deepening and an increase in furrows, especially in the midline of the tongue. Sulcus in children compared with adults less deep.
This anomaly of the structure of language does not always lead to difficulties of life, both children and adults. People celebrate folding and an increase in the volume of the organ, but significant discomfort in terms of hygiene is not the cause. However, excessive increase may cause asphyxiation (suffocation).
If parents begin to suspect their child of this anomaly, it is necessary to perform a series of surveys to identify deviations in language development.
Common symptoms, observed in most patients :
- Sialorrhea: increased salivary flow;
- Bad breath;
- Difficulty in performing the act of chewing;
- Redness of the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- The symptoms of burning, celebrated in the mouth;
- Dryness of the tongue;
- Limitation of mobility of the tongue;
- Change of taste sensitivity of the language.
Symptoms upon accession infection
On the background of an enlarged tongue with deep furrows, a high probability of infection in view of inadequate sewage authority. By reducing the immune abilities of the organism, caused by diseases of infectious etiology, malnutrition, stress loads, defective Commission of hygiene of the oral cavity, the accession of the microflora and the development subsequently of inflammation.
Germs can penetrate from the mouth, through the bloodstream from other organs and systems, airborne. Microbial agents in the oral cavity can be represented by conditionally pathogenic flora normally present in the mouth. Activation of these microbes and transformation in pathogenic effect occurs when the reduction of immune forces of an organism and creating additional sources of infection (carious cavity, complicated forms of caries).
With the development of inflammation, the patient may note pain in the tongue, redness, swelling. Difficult articulation and eating. It is difficult to perform satisfactory oral hygiene. In inflammatory process, the size of the body increases due to infiltrative processes.
Not always, the patient comes to reception to the doctor about changed forms of the language. Identifying anomalies can occur during routine inspection at the dentist or when sanitation of foci of infection of the oral cavity specialist. And also send a consultation to the dentist can physician otherwise profile.
At the first appointment going to the patient’s complaints, clarifies the symptoms develop the disease. Discusses the possible etiological moments that could have led to the development of a gusseted tongue. After reviewing the complaints, anamnesis of life and disease anamnesis, the doctor proceeds immediately to a clinical examination.
Estimated the external parameters of the face: symmetry, proportionality. As a rule, changes in this area do not. Skin without pathologies, lymph nodes in the absence of inflammation also did not indicate. The mouth opening can be slightly difficult. More patient breathes through the mouth.
Inspection of directly to the mouth can be caused by the increased volume of muscle on. Language increased, in favor of the red border of the lips. The Central deep furrow, from which depart in the direction of the minor transverse folds. Topographical position of the furrows are often symmetrically relative to each other. Central recess, anatomically corresponding to the median sulcus, starting from the tip of the tongue moves towards the root, ending at globovisi papillae.
Relative to the sides of the tongue and the lower part changes are noted. However, if the size of the body excessive and the patient frequently bites the tongue at the closing, you can mark the side faces of the traces of prokusyvanie, in the form of a defect in the mucosa with a little inflammatory reaction in the perimeter. In the presence of inflammatory processes, resulting in unsatisfactory oral hygiene and the connection of germs, the tongue will be swollen, painful on palpation.
Incremental research methods pathology
After performing the external examination, visualization of the pathology of language and other elements of the oral cavity, the doctor proceeds to incremental methods. All the methods of bacteriological research in addition aims at evaluating the General state of the organism, detection and treatment of diseases, are able to develop a gusseted tongue.
There are the following methods:
- Bacteriological smear: relevant upon accession microbial agents. Perform material sampling method scraping, imprint, and reprint to determine the type of pathogen. Carry out sowing in a nutrient medium and calculate the sensitivity of the microbe to antibiotics. This is because excessive use of broad-spectrum antibiotics from microbes developing a resistance to subsequent exposure to pharmacological drugs;
- General analysis of blood: according to the result, estimate the level of immunity, stage and the type of inflammation in the tongue, anemia, its appearance;
- Biochemical blood examination: examines the state of the kidneys, liver, revealed autoimmune disorders and other changes in the body that can lead to the development of the disease;
- Blood tests for HIV, syphilis and TORCH-infections: diagnosis with other forms of glossitis;
- Examination by ENT doctor: because the patient is present more oral or mixed breathing (nasal-oral), it is necessary to exclude a pathology in the upper part of the respiratory system. This is especially important to do if the patient says: nasal congestion, prolonged runny nose, pain when swallowing, cough, enlargement and tenderness of lymph nodes.
- Inspection at the gastroenterologist: if there are diseases of bodies of digestion;
- Reception at the hematologist: pale skin and mucous membranes of the mouth.
Inspection from experts of a different profile in the detection of pathology of the respective systems.
Therapy a gusseted language is carried out in correlation from occurring. Considers the disease as a primary disease or a manifestation of diseases with defects of other body systems. Therefore, the tactics of medical intervention will be different. With the development of the folded tongue on the background of the pathology of other body systems, you must first produce the elimination of the basic disease.
Gusseted tongue of newborns to treat is not required. Little patient is under medical observation, which gives certain recommendations for the care of language is enlarged and the mouth. For a long time, child observation, conducts regular inspections and necessary investigations. After reaching a certain age allowed for the intervention treated. Use laser therapy and other methods.
Complex therapy supported by glossitis:
- Calculation of root causes and its elimination;
- The broad-spectrum antibiotics: to prevent the accession of microbial agents, or treatment developed inflammation of the tongue;
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: relieve swelling, pain in the language, due to the blocking action of H1-histamine receptors, the main agents in the development of inflammation;
- Fungicidal drugs: antimycotic funds will be in actual use, since the mouth is normally present a small number of fungi of the genus Candida, which when reduced immunity and create additional conditions for development, begin to multiply rapidly, leading to the development of candidal glossitis;
- Analgesics locally and internally;
- Compresses and gels for removing the swelling;
- The use of infusions of medicinal herbs for rinsing of the oral cavity: removal of inflammatory manifestations, antiseptic effect;
- Surgery: removal of excess muscle mass of the body, the use of laser to reduce the depth of furrows;
- The sanitation of the oral cavity.
Surgery is used when the disease is not so often. In the celebration the patient is only aesthetic discomfort on the background of the presence of the recess grooves, the patient can offer laser evaporation of defects, after which is indicated by a leveling of the language and the compliance with the anatomical structure.
The amount of surgical correction depends on the degree of increase body. In the case of excessive increase in the volume, which can trigger the development of asphyxia, needed emergency surgery to remove part of the language, with the creation of new forms. With minor modifications it is possible to hold the closing of the furrows with suturing and subsequent use of laser for alignment. Complemented by the intervention of pharmacological therapy.
In the period after surgery is recommended to limit the loads applied to language. The patient should observe a special diet: use products in the form of the consistency of cream and sour cream. But it is also important to limit the articulatory and masticatory load.
Prevention of disease
After performing therapy a gusseted tongue must be removed from the life risk factors, to eliminate Smoking and alcohol. Pregnant it is especially important not to come into contact with patients, to eliminate stress and other loads, eat a healthy diet.
It is important to go for regular checkups at the dentist and specialists of a different profile if necessary. The detection of pathology of organs of oral cavity it is necessary to carry out reorganization using high quality dental materials, followed by training in oral hygiene.