Frequent thrush in adults causes: permanent stomatitis
Frequent thrush in adults the causes of which are different, brings considerable discomfort and inconvenience in daily life. Stomatitis – disease, which affects the mucous membranes of the mouth. Evident pathology of inflammation. Stomatitis occurs more often in children with reduced immunity to the action of various stimuli. However, the unfavorable ecological situation in the world, increase stress and decrease immune abilities of the body, this disease has become increasingly common in adults. Let’s look at the causes of this disease and talk about how to make the occurrence of thrush is not caught by surprise.
Causes of stomatitis in adults may be different. Stomatitis can act as an independent disease, or a background in the development of the pathology of other body systems.
The primary appearance of the disease
Causes of stomatitis of the oral cavity:
- Infection: bacteria, mycoplasmas, viruses;
- Incorrect diet food;
- Injury thermal, mechanical or chemical agents.
Normal mouth is present the resident microflora, which causes development of the disease. However, the effect of several additional factors of this microbial substance aktiviziruyutsya and gradually leads to the occurrence of ulcers of the oral mucosa.
Violation of the composition and quality of food leads to a gradual deficiency of necessary substances to the body. At the initial stage, the body will use its reserves, thus trying to compensate for the resulting shortage. Especially affects the formation of stomatitis deficiency of b vitamins, B12 folic acid and such minerals as zinc and iron. To stomatitis due to traumatic factors need a certain background, often generated by the patient. Often patients themselves note that there is a stomatitis in case of an accidental cut or bite of solid food particles or orthopedic structures. It may occur in case of an accidental burn by acid or alkali. As discussed earlier, for the emergence of the disease requires certain conditions.
Conditions conducive to the development of stomatitis in trauma thermal, mechanical or chemical agents:
- The non-observance of rules of personal hygiene — eating with dirty hands, use eating unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- Orthopedic structure made of a material with a low level of quality or improper installation;
- Excessive hygiene of the oral cavity: in most of the toothpastes contain the ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate that contribute to foaming. However, excessive use of toothpaste, this substance will help to reduce the speed of saliva secretion. Over time, this will lead to dryness of the mucosa and its vulnerability to acids and alkalis;
- Pharmacological drugs side effect which is the reduction of saliva. Alternatively, the use of diuretics – contribute to the development of dehydration;
- Smoking and abuse of alcohol;
- Somatic pathology.
Stomatitis as a background disease
Often the origin of stomatitis in adults is also a symptom of any pathology of the body, perhaps not yet installed.
Appear, the disease may for the following pathologies:
- Cancer: there has been a steady sores in the mouth. These outbreaks are the frequent occurrence of the disease can hint at cancer conversion of the nose, neck and throat;
- Able tumor therapy: during radiation and chemotherapy;
- In HIV-infected adults: risk of disease due to impaired immunity is very high;
- Diseases of the digestive system: gastritis, colitis, worm introduction are often referred to lesions in the mucosa of the oral cavity in the form of ulcers;
- Defects of the endocrine system or excessive activity: the surge of hormones in women’s diseases, pregnant or stoppage of menstruation;
- Diabetes as a disease characterized by malfunction of the insulin system: often associated bacterial flora, with the development of canker sores;
- Diseases of the respiratory system: patients with asthma forced to use inhalers with hormonal contents. Frequent use is the development of thrush;
- Diseases of the hemopoietic system: anemia;
- When dehydration due to the long vomiting, diarrhea, large blood loss and prolonged increase in temperature.
Classification of disease
Options stomatitis in adults klassificeret in the correlation of the pathogen, able to cause changes in the mucosa:
|Bacterial.||The origin of the disease due to the influence of streptococci and staphylococci that are present normally in the mouth and on the tonsils. There is a rapid formation of pustules, which are inclined to the same rapid autopsy.|
|Virus.||The birth takes place under the action of the Epstein-Barr (herpes stomatitis) or herpes simplex (herpetic stomatitis). In this situation, there will be rashes on the mucosa in the form of bubbles filled with clear content. Further transformation of the element will be when you add a secondary bacterial agents. This is referred to eventually in the opening of the vesicles, with the exposure of erosive and ulcerous surfaces.|
|Fungal.||The appearance is noted after a course of antibiotics is not supported by drugs that normalize the intestinal flora. And also may be in a strong decay of the immune abilities of the body. When this phenomenon begins active growth of fungi of the genus Candida. Is indicated in the mouth it is dense, white, removable hard raids. When removing marked erosive surface prone to bleeding.|
|Radiation.||Appearance due to cancer treatment. The effect of radiation therapy, ionizing radiation not only leads to ulcers in the mouth, but also contributes to thickening of the mucous membrane.|
|Chemical.||the origin of the burns caused by acids or alkalis. At the initial stage, the formation of ulcers, later they begin to drag, contributing to the formation of scars.|
Symptoms appearance of the disease in adults is fairly typical. Stomatitis is usually localized in the soft tissues of the mouth, with marked submucosal layer: the inner surface of the lips, cheeks, tonsils, soft palate. Less common manifestations are observed on the tongue and under it. And rarely on other parts of the mouth, where the submucosal layer is less pronounced: the gums, hard palate.
Acute stomatitis, quickly turns into chronic. And therefore be noted in adults it exactly rarely. For the most part in the oral cavity can be observed a chronic or process changes, the characteristic exacerbation of the process.
Consider, for example, bacterial stomatitis characteristics of mucosal lesions and related symptoms
- Initially, the patient noted a burning sensation, discomfort when speaking, eating in any part of the mucous;
- The next day, or soon appears in a place of anxiety 1_2 element of rounded shape, center, small retraction, quickly hiding behind the bloom. Around elements typical education thickening of the mucosa (the formation of the cushion), perifocal inflammation. The rest of the mucous membrane of the mouth may not be observed changes. The patient noted a feeling of discomfort, pain in this area, trying to limit food intake from the affected side;
- The process is rapidly spreading, creating more and more elements tend to merge. The localization of abscesses on the tonsils, the patient may note pain on swallowing. Connect the common symptoms changes in the body;
- The patient not to injure the affected area tries to limit the movement of the lips and tongue;
- It often happens that besides the ulcers in the mouth, also note the following changes: increase saliva production, bad breath, bleeding gums.
General appearance of systemic symptoms occurs in two cases: a decrease in immunity and a strong spread of the disease.
Have been reported in a patient following changes:
- The increase in temperature from 37.5 and above, up to 39 degrees Celsius;
- Swollen lymph nodes: local and regional;
- Violation of sleep and appetite;
- Asthenic condition.
On the background of malnutrition and dehydration these effects are particularly exacerbated.
Features of therapy depend on the form of stomatitis.
There are the following forms:
The catarrhal form is susceptible to cure itself while respecting patients good oral hygiene, correct nutrition. You need to avoid spicy, fried, smoked, solid food. Recommended food the consistency of sour cream and cream. You can perform a saline rinse.
Other forms are treated in the correlation from the manifestations in the mouth and severity of symptoms:
- Pain medication: on the background of pronounced pain syndrome, reduces the ability of the patient to lead an active and productive lifestyle. Therefore, a doctor may prescribe a local anesthetic used in the mouth, before eating, working or even when in pain. Your doctor may recommend: Benzocaine, Hexoral tabs, Lidocaine Aseptic, Linkler, aloe juice or decoction of herbs (chamomile, sage, calendula);
- And antimicrobial therapy directed against inflammation: it is necessary to Supplement the treatment with drugs against infection. Drugs used in the form of rinses, absorbable tablets, ointments, gels, sprays, candies. The doctor recommends to drink: Hexoral spray Holisal, Kamistad, Eucarom, the Taste, the Throat, Eucalyptus M, Actovegin.
- Drugs against viruses and fungi, non-steroidal means: therapy is due to the cause of the stomatitis. When herpetic stomatitis treatment is the use of antiviral drugs in the form of ointments and tablets: Acyclovir, Zovirax, ointment interferonov. Oral thrush needs more variability intervention. You need to use antifungal cream Nystatin, Levorin. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should be used in all forms of stomatitis: tavegil, Suprastin, Diazolin;
- To promote healing use means of accelerating epithelization. As part of these preparations should contain vitamin A, E. Well, if the drug in addition to regenerative abilities may have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. Recommended for use: Solcoseryl dental adhesive paste, Cartolin, sea buckthorn and rosehip, or Vinilin balm of shestakovskoe, Propolis spray.
The sequence of actions of a dentist at the reception:
- Application anesthesia: gel Linokor, spray Lidocaine;
- Antiseptic treatment: 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, 0,05_2 % solution of chlorhexidine digluconate;
- Overlay means: antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal activity. In the case of healing of a superficial mucosal defect in the imposition of a means for regenerative action (Aekol).
The doctor, on the basis of the clinical situation, appoints repeated, until the complete elimination of the disease.
To prevent the frequent appearance of stomatitis, it is recommended to observe the following rules:
- The observance of hygiene of an oral cavity;
- Enhanced immunity: by hardening, physical activity, walks in the fresh air;
- Limiting stress and fatigue;
- Regular check-UPS.
When you perform these simple requirements you can significantly reduce the likelihood of disease and its exacerbations, if the process was already in the chronic stage.