Front tooth hurts: why front teeth hurt
Sore front tooth, for various reasons, and they all require attention. Teeth can regenerate, so even if the pain subsided, it does not mean that the process of destruction is stopped. If you do not seek medical help, it will soon attack again, but the treatment will require more time. In this article we will explain why root front teeth.
The structure and location of the front incisors in the dentition has its own characteristics that affect the course of dental diseases. The appearance of the pathology can be due to the fact that:
- between the teeth there is a large interdental spaces, so to clean the front surface difficult;
- the part of the tooth that is on the side of the tongue, not visible. The patient is not always time to notice the first signs of the defect and only if there is pain or on reception at the dentist;
- often injured anterior teeth than the side. Chips and cracks cause problems with the enamel that is supposed to protect the teeth against mechanical and chemical effects;
- the dentin and the enamel of the incisors is thinner than the posterior teeth, so the tooth decay develops in a relatively short time.
The appearance on the teeth in the smile zone chips, stains, cracks, staining of dentin and other defects, entails not only the loss of units, but and the psychological problems that manifest themselves in communication.
Causes of pain
Most other pathologies on the front of the Central or lateral incisors is evident carious destruction or complications such as periodontitis, when bacteria destroy the periodontium.
The causes of tooth decay:
|Lack of hygiene for the oral cavity.||Bacteria that were not removed during daily hygiene, accumulate on the teeth and form plaque. Provided that pathogenic microorganisms have enough food, they multiply rapidly and in the process of life produce toxins that alter the acid-alkaline balance in the mouth. As a result, the acid erodes the enamel, and bacteria reach the dentin, then the pulp, the periodontium. Most tooth decay is perceived as black cavities on the teeth. However, in the first stage it is a white malovydne spots are visible dentin. On the front incisors tooth decay often has a yellow color.|
|Genetic predisposition.||Mineralization of the permanent teeth begins at the last stage of embryogenesis, so the thickness of the enamel depends on hereditary factors. If parents have quite thin enamel, then the chances are the same pathology in the child.|
|Teeth affected by diet.||Thus, when sufficient calcium and phosphorus at an early age, the body receives the building blocks to strengthen enamel. In addition, when eating solid foods (vegetables and fruits) mechanically removed plaque, and a portion of soluble fruit acid. But if one eats a lot of carbohydrates, it leads to growth of pathogenic microflora in the mouth.|
|Features of the malocclusion.||If there is crowding of the teeth or between them almost no space, then it is difficult to remove soft plaque from the front surface of the teeth. And in the spaces between the teeth stuck fiber and food particles.|
|Work in manufacturing.||If a professional person spends a lot of time with acids, alkalis, sugar, it affects the acidity in your mouth.|
|Injury.||When damage to the enamel, the bacteria easily penetrate into the dentin.|
To cause pain (other than caries) can the following factors:
- the mechanical effect. For example, the injury a couple of years ago, made itself felt;
- inflammation of the facial nerve. The pain experienced in the adjacent area;
- stomatitis. Inflammation of the mucous tissue in the oral cavity;
- thinning of the enamel. With age, human tissue, covering the tooth, becomes thinner, which causes sensitivity to chemical and thermal stimuli. Thinner enamel and if you use toothpaste with high abrasiveness and when trying whitening folk remedies;
- when inflammation of the periodontium, the dental nerve (pulpitis) or when teeth grinding during sleep the pain may spread to the anterior teeth;
- if aches and sore front tooth, and there is no visible pathology (no cracks, carious lesions, dental calculus), then this may indicate that the pain spreads from a neighboring organ. So, if an incorrect eruption of wisdom tooth, the pain can give in the entire jaw, head, neck;
- if the tooth was recently cured, it is possible that the inflammatory process has evolved again, but under the seal;
- if you had surgery about a week ago, for example, removed the tooth, and the pain does not stop, it is possible that this complication. Infection that gets into the hole, went into the bone and inflammation causes severe pain in the anterior incisors, and the jaw.
Due to the specifics of load distribution on the jaw and front lower teeth are more prone to different pathologies.
Often ill front upper teeth than the lower, as the upper Central and lateral incisors are more likely to get injured because they take the brunt of the burden when biting pieces of food. So, you can damage the tooth, crunching nuts. On the inner side of the front teeth cannot be seen without a mirror (by accident) the first signs of caries, so often patients go to the doctor with already advanced disease.
The lower front teeth are more susceptible to the formation of solid deposits. This is due to the fact that on the inner surface is quickly formed into a plaque that in the absence of proper care of teeth becomes Tartar. The stone can be formed on enamel or periodontal pockets that cause periodontal disease. The postponement pushes back the gums from the tooth, the result of an inflammatory process with purulent exudate. If such a pathology arises aching and bleeding gums.
If you’re front or lower teeth, it is recommended to make a decoction from plants with anti-inflammatory or disinfectant properties, for example, chamomile, sage, oak bark. Helps soda solution. To make it in a glass of warm water add a spoonful of baking soda. It will help reduce inflammation and destroy pathogens. You can also use a dental gel for gums. If the cause of cavities, from the cavity to try to remove leftovers (rinse mouth) and lay her in cotton wool soaked dental drops. And most importantly, go to the doctor.
Front teeth require careful treatment and of the dentist, first, they are more fragile, and second, always in sight.
If the reason for the pain of tooth decay, the doctor will clean the cavity and sets the seal. When installing the seal doctor needs to choose the «correct» color to not stand out from the rest of the teeth. The doctor before the filling needs to conduct hygienic cleaning of the teeth.
When professional cleaning of the dentist using ultrasound and hand instruments remove all dental deposits, after which the enamel surface must be polished. After the procedure, returns the natural color of the enamel, and it is almost transparent. Cleaning helps whiten teeth by 1-2 shades, the rest of the shade is the color of dentin, which can only be changed by chemical bleaching. And only after cleaning of the entire dentition, the dentist selects the shade for future fillings.
If the cavity is too large, to put the seal impractical because it wouldn’t stay, and will often fall out. In this case, is microprosthesis. The tooth set of veneers. This is a special overlay that covers the entire tooth, protects it and makes appearance aesthetic.
If the cause of pain in the front teeth periodontal inflammation under the influence of Tartar, it is necessary to purge and anti-inflammatory therapy. While periodontitis in addition to professional cleaning is carried out, and manual cleaning (for 10 days) periodontal pockets. May be required and taking antibiotics.
If you’re front incisors as a result of inflammatory process (on the gums redness, ulcer, AFTA, white patches), then you need to process the entire oral cavity with antiseptics. In this case, effective Chlorhexidine. Required, and strengthening the immune system with immunomodulators. To make a diagnosis and prescribe medication, antiseptics and applications, can only be a doctor.
When thinning enamel is required to carry out the procedure of remineralization or fluoride treatment which helps strengthen the enamel and eliminating the pain when eating hot, cold or sour foods. Dentist after cleaning deals special fluorinated product with a brush, in contact with mucous membranes it can cause a chemical burn. Fluoridation can be plain or deep, and which requires the patient to tell the doctor after assessing the condition of the teeth.
If pathology has radiating nature, the doctor at survey will find the source and do a fix. It may take x-rays of the jaw.
Sometimes pathology dentist does not detect, then the patient should be referred to other specialists, such as neurologist.
Complications after treatment
Sometimes that nagging pain is not treated, it can either be caused by wrong actions of the dentist, for example, when a doctor is negligent hurt the gums or burned with chemicals, and, if not stopped completely the inflammatory process.
In some cases, aching pain after treatment is normal, for example, after treatment of deep caries, or tooth extraction, the tissues need time to recover. But if the pain does not subside within three days, require a repeat visit to the doctor. If you did brushing your teeth, sore gums for a short time note the most patients.