Gel for teeth whitening
Gel for teeth whitening is a popular means of achieving the white smile. However, it has some nuances, and specialists ‘ opinions about them are mixed. Whether really bleaching gel for teeth helps restore the whiteness of the dentition?
Peculiarities of the action of gels
The basis of each such product is hydrogen peroxide. In some foods and is added to the carbamide peroxide (urea). In contact with teeth they will enter into a chemical reaction with air. This process is accompanied by intense release of oxygen.
This chemical element has good bleaching effect, as they are able to remove plaque. Penetrating into the deeper layers of enamel, it is able to remove spots that are very difficult to remove with traditional means.
Hydrogen peroxide is a corrosive chemical agent. The composition of gels for home use are usually included up to 9% of the active substance. Professional dentistry uses a more concentrated preparations — the amount of peroxide can reach 44%, allowing for one session to visually whiten the teeth. However, such tools can seriously damage the enamel, cause gum inflammation and other problems.
Urea (or, more precisely, his peroxide) acts not as aggressive. Accordingly, to achieve the desired effect, you need more than one session. However, the doctor and the patient are much less likely to face the problem of irritation and inflammation. Other ingredients have the following properties:
- calcium and fluoride to strengthen tooth enamel and minimize the possible damaging effect;
- soda bicarbonate can have a negative impact on the condition of the teeth, and therefore, if they are weak, it is better to use other more gentle drugs;
- acid can affect the integrity of enamel and lead to its destruction.
So any gel for whitening will certainly have to buy only in specialized pharmacies — the harm from it is minimal.
The use of gels at home
All whitening gels is very easy to use at home. Ways to use funds to restore the whiteness of the dentition following:
|Application is with a brush.||You must perform the same actions as a regular teeth cleaning. It takes very little time. However, this method damage the enamel, especially if the brush is hard. When the composition for whitening gets on the gums, they can get irritated and inflamed.|
|The application of the drug using a special brush.||It is the best option home use. Usually marked on the packaging how much time is necessary to achieve a certain result. What this time is less, the gel will be more attractive for those who want to adjust the tooth color.|
|The tool can be placed in a mouth guard.||In this case, it will act as stripes for whitening. In capaj gel coats the teeth. However, wearing cap can cause some discomfort, in addition, in some cases, this procedure is quite lengthy.|
Do I need to go to the dentist
To such means of cleaning and bleaching the dentition should not be undertaken without prior examination. It is possible that in your individual case the gel may be contraindicated. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a doctor so that he conducted a comprehensive diagnosis of the oral cavity. Maybe some tooth with caries or somewhere there is a crack. The application of the gel in this case, it may additionally cause destruction.
Your doctor may recommend his patient the best remedy for whitening. It is unlikely you will be able to choose it yourself so that you do not cause harm.
Brush the same teeth in the dental office. Often ultrasound is used, only a single ultrasonic cleaning to achieve a good result. If you notice that the plaque appears again (for example, from coffee or tobacco), it is necessary to maintain your teeth through regular application of the gel.
When and when not to use gel
To use these tools in the following cases:
- in the event of a change in the color of the enamel as a result of excessive coffee drinking, Smoking, or drinking red wines;
- if you change the color of the tooth enamel, if a person uses antibiotics or fluoride preparations;
- if a person has from nature a grayish or yellowish color of the teeth.
At the same time use gels prohibited in the following cases:
- acute inflammation of the gum tissue;
- diseases of the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- developing cavities (you first need to cure all the modified carious teeth, and then apply the gel);
- the age of 16;
- pregnancy and breast-feeding;
- the wearing of braces;
- if a person has allergic reactions to any components of the whitening gel.
Be careful because whitening this method has some disadvantages, which indicates that the procedure is not completely safe:
- when applying the enamel may further deteriorate, especially if the gel gets into the cavity formed by the caries;
- if you’re not careful applying the gel it gets on the gums, which causes additional irritation and discomfort;
- people may accidentally ingest the drug, resulting in the formation of burn the mucosa of the pharynx and even the esophagus;
- possible occurrence of allergic reaction if similar to the use of funds was not.
Precautions when using a gel
Once again we will remind that before bleaching it is necessary to ensure that they are not affected by caries. If there are damaged teeth, they must be sanitized. It is necessary to completely isolate the mucous membrane of the mouth and gums from the gel because it causes damage to these organs. But in periodontitis, it can cause severe irritation of the diseased tissue and bleeding.
You must be very careful to use Burr and never overcrowd them gel. If it follows, it can damage the gums. If the gel will flow for a long period of time, may result in severe irritation of the throat.
Below the tray is not irritating to the gums, they need to be specific. The only way they will fit snugly over the dental crowns that will eliminate the discharge means to the tooth enamel. Again, if the cap presses on the gums or papilla, it causes the wrong position of such element, and subsequently discharge it on the gums.
The correct use of mouth guards is:
- remove the gel from the refrigerator;
- brush your teeth as usual;
- fill the tray means (the doctor usually shows how to do it properly);
- to put it on the teeth and press firmly;
- wear as much time as appointed dentist;
- to remove the tray, brush your teeth.
The best medications to use at home
We will see what gels for whitening you can apply at home:
- Plus white (intensive whitening) is specially designed for use at home. The preparation includes hydrogen peroxide, and other components that are gentle on the tooth enamel. It is sufficient to apply a small amount of product on the brush and brush her teeth. Usually the effect of this purification is seen after a few treatments. Additionally, the gel protects the dentition from the stone, freshens the mouth.
- Colgate simply-white — preparation for safe whitening at home. Just 2 weeks you can achieve a natural white teeth. However, the first changes you will notice after a few days. For preparation of a convenient brush. After application it is recommended not to eat and to use the liquid for half an hour. The drug has a prolonged effect (up to years).
- Colgate simply-white knight — a special development, which will allow you to achieve the greatest effect. The drug is applied to the teeth in the evening (it stays on all night). Gel gently lightens the teeth, and the effect lasts for at least a year.
- Plus white 5 minute is ideal for achieving natural and beautiful shade of your teeth in just 2 weeks. It is enough to use the drug for 5 minutes each day. The effect will be visible, provided that the application was correctly, can last a year or even more. The gel can be applied with a brush, a special brush (comes in kit), or to apply for this Capa. The product contains the latest polymers that lightens the enamel and not damage it.
- Plus white 5 minute teeth gently affects the mucous membranes and does not irritate them. You can see the result already after the first use.
- Gel «Oxygen bleaching» the enamel gives a beautiful shade and does not damage the structure. The maximum effect is achieved within 4 weeks. When bleaching you can use a mouth guard.
- Global-white is composed of hydrogen peroxide and potassium nitrate. You can use and if a person has sensitive teeth or enamel. Additionally, the composition includes xylitol.
Are there alternatives to bleaching
There are other ways to make teeth white smile. Look, how they act, and whether a gel whitening really safe:
- Bleaching in the clinic (often with the use of the same gel, or other means). The procedure is the safest, though expensive.
- Cleaning of teeth from plaque simply tear it with enamel. Of course, this method allows you to lighten the teeth. Use its just that the enamel is free from growths.
- The use of lemon peels refers to folk remedies. The method is very economical, although not as effective. It will not help to lighten the teeth white.
- Whitening using the hydrogen peroxide solution immediately gives the result. However, the solution can damage the enamel, and therefore the majority of dentists do not recommend it due to the high destructive activity.
- The same can be argued about whitening using activated carbon. Although it is not as aggressive acts on the dentition, however, several of these procedures can cause tooth decay.
- Whitening baking soda results in the formation of enamel cracks, which may further contribute to the appearance of caries. If you manage to avoid such diseases, it is still possible to «earn» hypersensitive teeth. Dentists do not recommend to use this «popular» method of lightening tooth enamel.
As you can see, the use of gels do safely and effectively. However, this method did not bring harm, we must use them carefully. It is desirable to entrust your teeth professional dentist.