Gingival fibromatosis: treatment
Gingival fibromatosis is a proliferation of connective tissue and increase its size. This disease often has a genetic etiology, but the exact reasons for its occurrence remain unclear so far.
Despite the fact that this disease is quite common, not all people know why there is gingival hyperplasia and what it is. Fibromatosis is a disease of hereditary nature. Although the exact causes of the development of pathology is not established, scientists have isolated a few of the most likely factors causing its occurrence.
The main reason may develop hyperplasia, remains a genetic predisposition. The disease is starting to show signs of age from 1 year to 10 years.
This is because during the eruption of deciduous or permanent teeth may occur various changes in the functioning of the body, for example, malfunctions of the endocrine system (most often during the prepubertal period, before puberty).
In addition, scientists have isolated a dosage form of the disease. In this case the reason is long-term use of certain drugs. Hyperplasia of the gums of this nature manifest the first symptoms at adult age. The probability of disease development is not dependent on gender. The disease in this case is also different. Primarily under the influence of drugs start to increase as the interdental papillae. After that there is a change in their consistency, it becomes more dense. Gums become pink. Hypertrophy of the gums may provoke the almost complete fouling teeth of soft connective tissue.
Symptoms are various and depend on the severity of the pathology. There are the following stages in the development of fibromatosis:
- First degree is characterized by enlargement of gingival papillae and gingival edge in the area of the tooth neck. They take the form of a roller and reach a height of about 1/3 of the entire visible part of the tooth. The most significant deformation occurs in the gum bases. Here the form of sprawl can be defined, rounded, and irregular. In addition, hyperplasia of the gums this degree is increase in periodontal uneven character.
- Second degree represents a pronounced progression of fibromatosis, in which the gum begins to separate from the tooth and stood, closing half of the total tooth height.
- Hypertrophy of the gums of the third degree has a very strong increase in the size of the periodontium, which can cover a tooth almost completely. The top fabric on the gums in this case takes on a smooth character. As a result of regular mechanical damage to growths begin to form granulation numerous type, is covered with bleeding wounds. Granulation can be large or small size. It depends on the degree of damage to the gums and sizes of growths.
Diagnosis and treatment
Turning to an experienced dentist diagnosis of the disease usually has no big difficulties. Most often, this is enough for visual inspection. However, for more accurate information, it is necessary to apply additional methods of research. These include:
- Instrumental diagnostics. Used to identify the depth of the lesion and study of the General condition of the gums.
- X-ray examination. You need to get the most accurate information about the extent of the pathological process affecting the oral cavity.
- Histological examination. In this case, the analysis of the affected tissue. This method is mandatory, because without it, to establish an accurate diagnosis quite difficult.
- A blood test for hormone levels. Is carried out with the aim of eliminating provoking factor.
Before you begin to treat the disease, it is necessary to determine the exact cause of its occurrence. If hyperplasia is medical in nature, treatment is not difficult. It is only necessary to stop the use of drugs, which provoked the development of pathology. In this case, the disease passes independently, the condition of the gums will normalize with time.
If hereditary gingival fibromatosis, treatment often requires surgical. Surgical intervention is carried out in stationary conditions with the use of local anesthesia type.
In the case of large size expansion may require the use of General anesthesia. Excision of tissue is performed by means of boron carbide or laser uglekislogo.
The second option transactions are the most popular, because the blood loss and the recovery period is minimal. For surgery of this type requires no more than 40 minutes, depending on the size of the growths. During the operation performs the following manipulations:
- Aseptic processing area of surgical intervention.
- Excision of deformed until the periodontal region of the bone tissue. The intervention of a more profound nature will only be necessary if there are frequent relapses. This re-increase of gingival tissues may occur during several months or several years.
- Disease, an exciting 2 jaw, requires treatment first the top part, and only a few weeks later lower.
- After it was carried out the removal of the tissue, is electrocoagulation. This is necessary in order to stop the bleeding.
- If the affected area is too large, is the apical positioning of the flap of the gums, which is intended for closing the wound region. To fix it, superimposed on top of several surgical stitches. If the affected area is small in size, imposed a special bandage consisting of iodoform turundy or silicone membrane. Fixation is performed by a continuous surgical suture. Most often used the second method because iodoformi turunda in the future may trigger the growth of bacteria in the affected area, which in turn will lead to inflammatory process periodontal.
- In conclusion, the area of the surgery treated with saline and Betadine.
In the first few days after surgery you need to take anti-inflammatory medicines and vitamin complexes. After about 1 week a retentive bandage is removed, and the wound surface is treated with Betadine. Following a visit to the doctor is often assigned to a month after surgery. During this time the gums should be fully recover.
If the growth is small, the removal is carried out 1 time. However, if there is a diffuse type of disease, then surgical intervention is performed in several stages. Are complied with in certain time intervals (about 20 days). In this case, the treatment can last up to 3 months.
Treatment of gingival fibromatosis drug of origin is is discontinued, which caused the development of the disease, or its replacement by a similar tool with a different active ingredient. In order to speed up the healing process, can be assigned to a professional teeth cleaning. It is necessary to completely remove all dental plaque. In the most severe cases requires the use of antihistamine drugs that help to reduce the blood flow to the gums. As a rule, some time after discontinuation of the drug leads to complete recovery of the gum tissue.
In order to minimize the risk of such disease, you must first know what it is, and to best protect themselves from adverse factors that may lead to unpleasant consequences.
Most often the prognosis of the fibromatosis favorable, but the risk of relapse is quite high. Therefore it is necessary to seek help from a specialist.