Gingivitis in children: treatment
Gingivitis in children is quite frequent pathology of the oral cavity. The disease is accompanied by a number of unpleasant symptoms that disrupt the health of babies, reduce appetite, can cause chronic inflammatory infections. For the early detection of signs of disease, your son or daughter to the dental clinic. After examination, the doctor will perform a series of painless treatments that will help completely relieve the kid from the insidious disease.
The reasons for the development of pathology
- Bad oral hygiene. Children forget to brush your teeth before eating or doing it poorly. After eating mouth are small pieces of products, they get stuck between the teeth, with saliva tightly adjacent to the units. Opportunistic microorganisms in the oral cavity begin to absorb the leftovers, produce the specific acid. Educated substances have a negative effect on the enamel, irritate mucous membranes. Accumulating in large quantities, plaque and microorganisms calicivirus and turn into hard stones. They cannot be removed by conventional brush and paste;
- The abuse of sweets. Fast carbs are favorable environment for the growth and activity of pathogenic organisms. The lack of hygiene, after eating sweets, chocolate, pasta, sugar, honey, baking leads to the development of caries and gingivitis. Parents should try to ensure that the number of fast carbohydrates in the diet was minimal;
- The presence of chronic diseases: laryngitis, tonsillitis, gastrointestinal pathology;
- Permanent injury of the mucous membranes;
- Wearing orthopedic or orthodontic appliances. Braces temporary crowns and dentures impede hygiene care for the oral cavity, promotes the accumulation of plaque and hard deposits;
Contributing factors: poorly installed seal, mouth breathing, malocclusion, untreated caries, endocrine pathology.
Special types of diseases:
- Herpetic gingivitis is caused by a virus of herpes. Symptoms: pain in the mouth, swelling, dryness, itching, burning, hyperemia of the mucous membranes. The disease manifests itself acutely. From the first days the baby becomes lethargic, Moody, whiny, refusing food and liquid. Herpetic gingivitis characterized by: fever, swollen lymph nodes. 2 to 3 day from the onset of the disease, the mucous membranes appear patchy rash. They are located on the gums, often occur in the throat, on the tongue, inside of cheeks, lips. Initially, the vesicles contain a transparent fluid, afterwards it becomes cloudy, bubbles ulcerate, in its place is a painful sore. When properly conducted therapy, the pathology of the fully cured for 10 to 14 days;
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes in the abscess. Flux is a dangerous disease and affects adults and children. The first signs of periodontitis is the formation of bumps at the roots of the affected tooth.
If parents notice that the kid in the mouth there is a tumor, do not wait, go immediately to the dentist. The flux tends to the rapid development of dangerous complications.
Manifestations of the disease
Gingivitis is a disease that is hard to miss. It is accompanied by a number of unpleasant symptoms:
- The swelling, redness, bleeding, soreness of gums.
- Swelling, swelling of the papillae.
- Itching mucous membranes.
- Congestion the necks of the teeth large amounts of solid bacterial plaque.
- Pigmentation units.
- If the child is not provided with timely qualified help, and mucous membranes acquire a bluish tinge, in the necks of the teeth appears the accumulation of a purulent discharge, the disease goes into the chronic stage.
Common signs of gingivitis
The mood of the child worsens, the baby becomes cranky, whiny, complains of pain while eating. Solid fruits and vegetables, in addition to teeth marks, parents notice the appearance of droplets of blood. Visually mucous membranes can swell and become inflamed. If swollen gums in a child, there was bleeding and soreness, do not delay your visit to the dentist.
Treatment of pathology
The first step in treatment is a visit to the dentist. The doctor will examine the oral cavity with the help of tools. For diagnosis of inflammation, additional tests not carried out.
The task of the doctor is to remove hard deposits and spend antiseptic treatment of the oral cavity.
Manipulation is carried out by:
- Dental ultrasonic scaler;
- Grinding wheels;
- Polishing pastes and brushes.
Treatment the hygienist is painless. Before you visit the clinic, parents should explain the child how to behave at the doctor, tell about the peculiarities of the procedure and the necessity of its implementation.
After the sediment removal and polishing units are becoming gloss, smoothness, whiteness, removing the cause of inflammation. The dentist makes recommendations for therapy at home.
If inflamed gums of the child do not:
- Rubbed into mucous anti-inflammatory gels and ointments. The use of antiseptics is advisable only after a visit to the dentist and implementation of hygienic cleaning on a professional level. To pursue a course of therapy, to the removal of deposits does not make sense. Medicines will help to eliminate the symptoms, but after their cancellation, the disease to occur again;
- Treating the oral cavity with aggressive juice of vegetables, fruits and herbs (garlic, celandine, lemon, onion, radish). Folk remedies with application juices give questionable results lead to burns to mucous membranes. After treatment, the gums can swell even more, there will be strong pain in the mouth;
- Try to remove stones with sharp objects, nail files, sand paper. The enamel of children’s teeth is very thin. Attempts to remove the plaque will result in damage to the tissues of the oral cavity. Complications of self-medication will become: caries, trauma of mucous membranes, bleeding;
- Use from toddler to adult for the treatment of gingivitis. There are many special toothpastes, gels, ointments and rinses that are applied in Pediatrics. Included in the preparations of aggressive substances in babies can cause allergic reactions, poisoning, contribute to the worsening of disease and development of complications.
- Try to be treated with decoctions of herbs and flowers. Rinsing with a solution of Chamomile, Calendula, Sage, oak Bark will benefit only after the removal of deposits.
- Apply for children treatment infusions of medicinal herbs that contain alcohol.
If the gums, the baby began to swell and become inflamed, do not try to fight the symptoms on their own. Contact a medical clinic and spend quality treatment. The procedure for removal of stones and antiseptic treatment of the oral cavity is carried out in 1 visit and takes a maximum of 30 — 40 minutes.
The recommendations of the dentist
After professional cleaning, the doctor gives advice regarding further treatment:
- Daily to efficiently clean the teeth from the soft bacterial plaque with brushes and pastes. Children older than 6 years are recommended to use children’s mouthwash, floss, irrigator. Manipulation is carried out 2 times a day, not later than 30 minutes after a meal. Failure to comply with the rules of hygiene, the plaque is gradually turning into hard stones, the disease will recur.
- To conduct therapeutic rinse. For the implementation of manipulation, you can use the solution Miramistina Chlorhexidine. If the child is small and parents are afraid that the medical liquid is swallowed, it is advisable to use Camomile tea or soda — salt solution. For the treatment of oral cavity children used an application of gauze soaked in medicinal liquid. Rinsing is carried out 4 times a day.
- Treating mucous membranes with anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, regenerating ointment and gums. The drugs of choice are: Holisal, Metrogyl Denta. Mucous membranes are treated immediately after rinsing. POS to the end of the procedure, it is forbidden to drink liquids and to eat for 1 hour.
- Follow the food. Enter in the diet of crumbs of fresh vegetables, fruits, greens, dairy products, meat, fish.
- Every 6 — 7 months show a son or daughter to the dentist for preventive monitoring.
- Treat underlying chronic disease.
- By appointment pediatrician, take a course of vitamin therapy.
Before the use of drugs, read the manual. Never exceed the permitted dose and do not use drugs designed for adults.
If the kid complained about the pain as soon as possible take him to the doctor. The acute phase of the disease over time without treatment becomes chronic, and are the cause of low immunity.
Remember, therapy of gingivitis is painless and takes little time. After the treatment follow the personal hygiene of the baby. Proper nutrition, preventive supervision from the experts will help to reduce the risk of developing diseases and to save precious health.