Gingivitis symptoms and treatment: gum disease, signs
Gingivitis in adults and children quite often. This unpleasant pathology sometimes people do not pay attention, but when the disease reaches its peak, it is quite difficult to put the process in the opposite direction. Having had the disease, patients are trying to take independent measures to remove the unpleasant symptoms. Inept actions can lead only to the apparent elimination of symptoms, rapid progression of disease. Classic symptoms of gingivitis: bleeding, redness, soreness of the gums.
Due to the development of the disease
What causes gingivitis? What to do if the disease originated and how to get rid of it?
These questions are often asked by people in the treatment. In order to protect their precious health, you should know the cause in advance and to prevent critical errors.
The disease in most cases caused by the people themselves. Identify the main reasons:
- Bad oral hygiene. This factor is decisive. Each time, after one eats food, his teeth are tiny pieces of food. They are a great environment for the life and reproduction of microorganisms in the mouth. Disease-causing microbes break down products to lactic acid, thus creating favorable conditions for the development of caries and gum disease. Caused by process progresses rapidly. Therefore, if a person has no opportunity after eating to brush your teeth, you must at least rinse your mouth with clean water.
- Pathology occurs most often deficiency of vitamin C and zinc. Caused factor – a deficiency. It develops in the wrong metabolism, nutritional lack of healthy foods in the diet.
- The causes of gingivitis low immune system. The decline of immune status is the result of the following diseases: tuberculosis, syphilis, diabetes, AIDS, diseases of the lungs and gastrointestinal tract, endocrine disorders. It is noticed that lower immune system have pre-school children and the elderly.
- Gum disease most frequently develop due to hormonal disruptions in the body. It affects pregnant and lactating women, teenagers in puberty, women in stages of menopause.
- Injuries in the mouth also can not go unnoticed. With a constant mechanical aggressive action, the appearance of gingivitis is increased hundreds of times. To injure the mucous can the improper prosthetics, orthodontic structures, inadequate dental treatment.
As it became clear, with gingivitis, the causes may be different. In order to remove and completely forget about the unpleasant condition, you must carefully follow the recommendations of a specialist.
Disease gingivitis can occur in acute and chronic form. During the acute stage, there are pronounced symptoms. In most cases, it is impossible to ignore. The classic picture of the disease disrupts a person’s life, he turns for help to the professionals.
Disease gingivitis affects the gums. If the patient, despite the presence of obvious signs of disease, trying to solve the problem independently, the acute phase can become chronic. This form of course has no bright symptoms. People often do not notice problems. He is willing to put up with the unpleasant smell from the mouth, with a slight soreness of the mucosa, often with bleeding, purulent discharge. However, it does not last long. The disease develops quite rapidly and moves on to a new stage. Time untreated gingivitis becomes the culprit for the development of periodontitis.
In different forms of gingivitis symptoms and treatment are different. To date, there are two types of pathology:
|Catarrhal gingivitis.||Found very often. To the dentist appointment the patient comes. He complains that the gums have become sharply painful, it is impossible to touch. Difficult act of eating, since chewing brings soreness. Mouth an unpleasant odor. The interdental papillae are enlarged and hyperemic. Easily they bleed. The teeth have a dark patina, solid interdental deposits of food remains. After showing signs of gingivitis, many people confess that they cease to care for the oral cavity completely. This happens due to the fact that brushing your teeth is accompanied by unpleasant sensations. Lack of proper care further contributes to the progression of the disease and significantly worsens the situation.|
|Ulcerative and necrotic disease of the gums.||Vincent gingivitis is a serious disease. The main cause is poor oral hygiene. A huge number of pathological plaque and disease-causing organisms contained in it, can cause rapid ulceration and necrosis of the mucosa. A contributing factor of the disease is low immunity. The patient complains of strong pain in the mouth. There is no possibility to eat and drink. Mouth there is a sharp smell of decomposition. At the base of the dental units revealed a large cluster of interdental tissue. Gingival papillae are affected by the pathological process. The surface of the mucosa is necrotic whitish or yellow hue on the surface are marked ulcerative lesions. Overall health suffers greatly. Disturbed sleep, headaches. In most cases, the temperature increases. The fever may reach high numbers.|
|The hypertrophic form.||Accompanied by an increase in the gums. This pathology develops due to prolonged exposure of microorganisms to the mucous. Often it is the case that the person takes no action to correct chronic catarrhal gingivitis. Also the disease often appears when the endocrine changes: pregnant women, lactating women, patients in stages of menopause, teenagers in puberty. Traumatic factors resulting from substandard dental procedures, can contribute to the development of hypertrophic form of the disease.|
This type of flow may be accompanied by swelling and fibrous increase in the interdental papillae. In the first case, they are edematous and friable, and the second thick.
Sclerosing therapy is used in edematous form of flow. It involves injection of a special solution in the area of the affected nipple. Manipulation performed by a doctor, after anesthesia and has good results.
The fibrous form of the flow in most cases is associated with continuous traumatic factor. The most effective method in this case is the excision of the pathological area surgically. After the procedure, the specialist assigns the use of drugs having antibacterial, wound healing, regenerating, antiseptic. On question about gingivitis what it is, you will tell your health care dentist, hygienist or periodontist.
Differential diagnosis of
When inflammation of the gums gingivitis must be distinguished from other pathologies. The most common disease in dental practice:
- Periodontitis is a more serious disease. It appears if left untreated gingivitis. The disease involves the process of periodontitis and is accompanied by changes in bones and ligamentous apparatus. Pathology is manifested by symptoms that accompany gingivitis. However, when periodontitis clinical picture is more pronounced. The roots of the teeth become bare, there is mobility, the omission of the gums. Formed periodontal pockets. They contain a large amount of plaque, dental plaque, pathogenic microorganisms. Of them there is a serous-purulent discharge. In advanced stages there is an increase in pockets up to 7 mm. are Formed abscesses in the gums, deformed dentition.
- Periodontal disease is accompanied by atrophy of the bone tissue of the jaw, gradual reduction of the gums, exposure of roots, the emergence of high mobility. The disease has nothing to do with gingivitis and has multiple development factors.
- Stomatitis – inflammation in the mouth. It develops on the buccal mucosa, the inner surfaces of the lips, on the tongue.
The disease can occur generalizovannoe and affect the entire mucosa of the oral cavity. Localized flow is observed much less frequently. In this case, the inflammatory process develops in a particular area of the gums.
Depending on the severity of symptoms, the development of gingivitis has light, medium, heavy shape of the current.
How to cope with an unpleasant disease
How to treat gingivitis? This is a question asked by many people when they first symptoms. But many of them are making a big mistake. They decide to cope with the problem alone. By their actions, they only aggravate their condition.
Remember! How to cure gingivitis, you will say only an experienced doctor. Without his help it is impossible to get rid of the disease. The source of the problem lies in the interdental hard sediments and rocks, which absolutely can not be removed at home.
With gingivitis, treatment involves:
- The full rehabilitation of foci of chronic infection. The doctor will perform professional hygienic cleaning. Will relieve the patient from plaque and dental plaque, Polish the dental unit. The dentist will tell the patient about the importance of personal hygiene, if necessary provode training implement proper care;
- Will prescribe anti-inflammatory therapy. It consists in using a special hygienic toothpastes, mouthwashes, gels. Gingivitis treatment is done by drugs: Chlorhexidine solutions, Miramistina gel Holisal, Metrogyl Denta. Dental PATA: Lacalutaktiv, Parodontax, Forest balsam, check whether the Asset. At the time of treatment necessary to clean dental unit with a brush with soft bristles.
As antiseptic and wound healing agents often use herbal teas for rinsing. They are prepared according to the instructions, of: chamomile, eucalyptus, Hypericum.
To apply medications can be complex. The treatment is carried out for 10 -14 days. After the course, the cured person is definitely to the dentist for a checkup;
- Dietary treatment is to avoid from hard foods, eating soft processed foods. There should be no sour, salty, bitter, sweet food. After recovery, be sure to enter in the diet of fresh vegetables, herbs, fruits;
- If a person has low immunity, it is necessary to seek the cause and eliminate it. By prescription, it is advisable to vitamin and immunotherapy;
- If the disease develops due to constant injuries, fix it. Well supplied seals can’t hang and irritate the mucosa region. Crowns, bridges, braces must be installed by an experienced physician.
Treatment of gingivitis in adults and children is difficult and is carried out within 14 – 15 days.
Gingivitis in preschool children and adolescents
Some people think that children do not have problems with oral cavity, but they are deeply mistaken. Pathology can develop in children of any age. Gum disease are accompanied by a whole succession of symptoms. In most cases, the pattern develops because of the lack of observance of rules of personal hygiene. For this fault, the kids also often suffer from tooth decay. The symptoms are similar to manifestations in adults are:
- Bleeding interdental papillae;
- Pain when eating;
- Hyperemia and edema of the mucosa;
- Bad breath.
How to treat gingivitis at home and how to get rid of the annoying symptoms, tell your dentist.
Upon detection of unpleasant symptoms, parents should immediately take corrective measures. If you do not pay attention to the process, it definitely will progress. Some moms and dads think that kids enough to use a special toothpaste and gels. But it is not correct.
In order to save a child from a nasty illness, initially it is necessary to remove dental plaque and to achieve full rehabilitation of infectious sources. Parents need to know that pathology with the progression, it is not so easy to cure. The insidious disease affects the overall health of the crumbs does not allow him to fully develop and learn.
For therapy in children using the same principles as in adults. Apply antiseptic, regenerating, wound healing, reducing agents. What will suit your fidget will help him and will not cause allergies, tell the pediatric dentist.
After the treatment, be sure to encourage the kids good personal hygiene, explain how you need to take care about their oral cavity. Twice a year visit of a specialist to check the state of health, avoid injuries. Eat right and rational. By following some simple guidelines, you will protect yourself and your baby and save your valuable health!