Glossitis how to treat: in the language, treatment in adults
Dentists often encounter this disease as glossitis, than to treat the pathology can be found and read on the pages of this article. It is an insidious disease that cause the patient a lot of trouble and bad feeling. There are acute and chronic form of glossitis. If you do not begin during treatment, while reducing the immune pathology becomes chronic and harder to treat.
Causes of glossitis
To cause disease can, both local and General diseases of the body:
A) a common trauma language, which is associated with the following factors:
- Biting tongue with defects of structure of the dentition and the presence of carious teeth;
- Food with sharp edges;
- Cut by shrapnel from hard candy;
- the prick of a fish bone;
- welcome hot drinks.
B) poor oral hygiene;
C) use a toothpaste and mouthwash with laurilsulfat sodium, which may decrease local immunity. As a result, can create conditions for the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms;
G) also cause glossitis in adults and children with different diseases of abdominal cavity organs:
- pathology of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Chronic inflammatory processes;
- Disease of childhood;
- Lack of b vitamins;
- Diseases of the circulatory system;
- A decrease in hemoglobin and anemia;
- Lack of folic acid.
D) very often glossitis joins other defects of the oral cavity. For example, when periodontal disease, stomatitis, gingivitis;
E) reduction of General and local immunity;
F) allergic status;
H) the development of dysbiosis.
The manifestation of the disease
- The appearance of burning sensation and discomfort in the mouth and on the tongue;
- Language becomes edematous and hyperkeratosis;
- Excessive salivation occurs;
- Eating becomes difficult;
- Bad to speak and pronounce words;
- Reception hot and cold foods are painful;
- Taste quality is dulled;
- Rarely can develop a perverted taste;
- If the inflammatory process in the language is associated with reproduction it of pathogens, the patient manifested all the symptoms of the infection;
- When you defeat the viruses on the tongue there are small bubbles and then the sores;
- If the cause of the diseases are fungi of the genus Candida on the surface of the tongue is a white coating, which in its consistency resembles cottage cheese;
- If not rendered timely assistance in the language to develop cellulitis.
All of the above symptoms you can’t treat themselves, using traditional medicines. Only the dentist, after a thorough examination and diagnosis will be able to prescribe effective treatment.
The lack of the treatment process would have serious consequences and the transition of disease in the chronic form.
Types of glossitis
The main symptoms of the disease are:
The inflammatory process is localized on the tongue surface and does not penetrate deep into the tissues. The pathology develops after previously suffering a thrush infection or mechanical damage of the language. To eliminate the cause of glossitis, it is necessary to treat the surface of the tongue antiseptic, healing and bactericidal means. Jointly prescribe medications used in the catarrhal form of glossitis.
Basically, this form of glossitis develops after long-term administration of antibiotics. As a result of application of this group of vehicles will disturb the natural intestinal microflora. Upon inspection diagnosed candidal glossitis to the same extent in adults and children. The patient is much weakened immune system. Symptoms of Candida glossitis:
- On the tongue appears white patches;
- Minor puffiness;
- A feeling of discomfort and burning.
Treatment involves the use of drugs for the normalization of intestinal microflora. The affected surface is treated with antifungal drugs. Patients take the tablets for the destruction of the fungus.
Purulent phlegmonous glossitis
This is the most severe form of the symptoms of glossitis. The inflammatory process penetrates deep into the language and is distributed throughout the oral cavity. The patient complains of General malaise, fever. The disease can lead to the development of intoxication. To treat glossitis need antibacterial drugs, together with means for restoration of microflora of intestines.
If the surface of the tongue appear purulent lesions, and they interfere with talking and eating, then they were removed with surgery.
Erosive and ulcerative glossitis
This form of the disease manifests after suffering disease or in the presence of destructive processes on the gums. The symptoms of glossitis:
- On the mucosal surface of the tongue appear small ulcers, which bleed;
- Language becomes edematous and hyperkeratosis;
- The temperature rises;
- In the mouth there is pain;
- There is a General intoxication of the whole organism.
Treatment of this form of glossitis is to use ointments Solcoseryl. The drug is in the form of applications is placed on the affected part. Ointment helps fast healing of wounds on the surface of the tongue.
Median rhomboid glossitis
The language in this case appears compacted area of epithelial tissue. This deformed section of the cloth resembles a rhombus or oval red. Cause of disease are chronic diseases of the digestive tract. Treatment rhomboid glossitis is a surgical procedure with subsequent application of regenerative therapy.
Developing diseases due to vitamin deficiency in the body and gonorrheal lesions of the tongue. The symptoms of atrophic glossitis:
- A spot of bright red spreads across the tongue;
- Body can shrink in size;
- The papillary layer of the tongue swells and there is pain.
Treatment of atrophic glossitis is based on the use of drugs with a high percentage of vitamin E and vitamin A.
Mostly the clinical picture is sufficiently bright and does not cause much difficulty in diagnosis. But to clarify pathogen and depth of mucosal lesions need to undergo additional screening. This includes the following methods:
- The conduct of Cytology;
- Bacteriological analysis;
- Clinical analysis of blood.
According to the obtained results, the doctor will be able to identify the causative agent and form of glossitis. All kinds of diseases require a competent and thorough treatment that the pathology is not passed into the chronic form and is not complicated by other diseases.
Another form of glossitis is associated with allergies. Symptoms can be various, but primarily:
- There is a strong swelling;
- Tissue becomes giperbilirubinemia;
- There are problems with breathing;
- It becomes not clear and difficult.
The acute form can affect the respiratory system and cause asthma. The patient urgently administered antihistamines which will help to eliminate the allergen. In case of severe swelling is additionally connected hormones.
The signs of glossitis
Early in the disease there are no special features, there is only slight discomfort in the mouth, which patients don’t pay much attention. In the untimely appeal to the dentist, the disease begins to progress, and the inflammation extends from the tongue throughout the oral cavity. In the next stage, the patient begins to disturb the typical symptoms:
- Discomfort, pain and burning sensation of the oral mucosa;
- Language becomes edematous and hyperkeratosis;
- The surface appears white coating dense consistency;
- During chewing food, and during the conversation you are having some difficulties;
- Language become sensitive to hot and cold food.
The harder the disease and its form, the radically develop symptoms. The easiest is a catarrhal form of glossitis that affects only the surface of the tongue and inflammation does not spread throughout the oral cavity. The signs of catarrhal glossitis limited only to bloom on the tongue and no more swelling.
Prevention of glossitis
Dentists recommend to adhere to certain rules in order to exclude the development of glossitis:
- Correctly and carefully every day care for the oral cavity;
- Try not to eat too hot and spicy food that may cause trauma to the mucous membrane of the tongue;
- Brush twice a day teeth from plaque and food debris;
- During treat carious teeth;
- Lead a healthy lifestyle;
- Do not smoke or abuse alcohol.
Before prescribe treatment, it is necessary to correctly establish the diagnosis. To do this, the dentist will appoint the patient to undergo a series of diagnostic techniques. According to the study, the doctor will prescribe a treatment that conforms to the shape of the disease and the severity of the inflammatory process. The main task of the treatment process is to eliminate the inflammatory process and destroy the pathogen. The treatment takes about 10 days. With a strong swelling and redness, it is necessary to provide emergency care to the patient. Dentists in less serious cases, to treat glossitis offer the following means:
- Solutions for rinsing the oral cavity with antiseptic properties;
- For healing and strengthening the mucous membrane of the mouth use oil of sea buckthorn and rose hips;
- Antibacterial agents;
- The antifungal drugs.
It is better to apply all the recommendations for the prevention of glossitis than the treatment it will take a lot of time and money. In conjunction with the medication you need to take a course of vitamin therapy. This will help improve and strengthen the immune system and give good results in recovery.
How to treat glossitis folk remedies
At the first symptoms of glossitis manifested by burning and discomfort in the mouth, you need to start treatment. Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the tongue is fraught with serious complications. The main task of the treatment process, are the following:
- To relieve the pain in the affected organ;
- To eliminate the development of pathogenic microorganisms;
- To give the opportunity for the mucosa to recover quickly.
The use of chemical agents is shown in severe forms of glossitis. In other cases, you can use the methods of traditional medicine. An algorithm of treatment using folk remedies:
- The food is better to take a warm, soft and cooked;
- Not recommended acceptance of salty, smoked, spicy foods, some fruits with a high content of acid;
- Drink water during the period of treatment need in large quantities;
- Suitable herbal teas, sweet and non-carbonated drinks;
- It is useful to add in the diet of dairy products;
- When brushing your teeth use a soft new toothbrush;
- During the period of illness not to use the mouthwash for oral cavity;
- You can prepare a decoction for mouthwash based on medicinal herbs;
- Between the teeth of the thread also need to clear the oral cavity;
Treatment of glossitis traditional methods are quite effective and efficient.
Powered by glossitis
A lot of attention in the treatment of glossitis diet. Many dentists recommend to eliminate from food products which irritate the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. This includes spices, salted, smoked and fried foods. You also need to increase the volume of fluid and to drink more herbal teas, medicinal herbs, unsweetened fruit drinks. To normalize the microflora must be added to the menu dairy products that contain beneficial bacteria bifidum.
Glossitis is quite tricky a dental disease that requires timely diagnosis and treatment. Otherwise can develop serious complications and the disease to become chronic. There are several types of glossitis and each form has its appropriate treatment. Mainly depending on the causative agent patient is prescribed a course of antibiotic therapy, vitamins, drugs to restore the microflora.
Together we can achieve good results in the treatment. Also in mild catarrhal form of the disease treatment is possible at home. Apply decoctions of herbs for rinsing the mouth. Food should be soft and cooked, this will help to avoid irritation of the mucous membrane of the tongue.