Glossitis symptoms: inflammation of the mouth
What is glossitis? This notion is fortunately not know. Inflammation of the tongue is not as common as dental pathology. However, the changes in structure, colour, form, volume of this organ, probably alerted everyone. Inflammation can develop in adults and children. In order to talk about unpleasant disease in more detail, the article was written.
A lot of people live and pay absolutely no attention to their bodies. Meanwhile, it is an indicator of health and inner well-being of the body.
Go to the mirror, open your mouth and do a self-examination.
- The body should be pink. Allowed the presence of small whitish plaque that is easily removed with an ordinary toothbrush. If it is tight do not remove plaque gray, black or white, this indicates the presence of pathology. There is a perception that the nature of the sediments and their localizations, it is possible to judge the presence of certain pathologies;
- The organ cannot be sores, redness, injury;
- The tongue fits in the mouth. It is very soft. Does not interfere with talking, eating, no discomfort and a feeling of a foreign body;
- Papillae of the body are well marked. According to the anatomy, has 5 types of papillae. These include: filiform, conical, mushroom, globomedia, leaf-shaped.
Filamentary formations are very numerous. They completely cover the back and edges , are not relevant to the gustatory analyzers. Possess the function of touch and help to keep the pieces of food. Papillae at the front longer than the back. The papillae are conical in form, structure and functions similar to thready. The fungiform papillae are located randomly across the surface. However, on top of, they prevail. They can easily detect upon inspection. Nipples are red and look like spots. Globomedia papillae are the largest. Sometimes, viewing your mouth, people find the root pink papules, come the terror and turn to the dentists. However, it is not a pathology but the norm. The nipple can be from 2 to 4 mm Papules surrounded by narrow deep grooves are V-shaped in the posterior part on the back. Leaf-shaped, mushroom-shaped papillae and globomedia treat gustatory analyzers and are responsible for the perception of taste. The tip of the body helps to identify sour and sweet. On the side are the analyzers that determine sour taste. In the event of illness, the person complains of violation of the taste and can’t enjoy your favorite dishes.
Language is a necessary component of the body. He moves, holds, softens the food. With the help of teeth involved in the chewing of food. Taste analyzers that help not simply to consume food, but also to feel its taste. Important organ involved in the formation of speech, without it, it is not possible. It helps to push food into the throat piece, and then into the esophagus.
When inflammation of the tongue causes may be different. Glossitis is an infectious and non-infectious nature. In pathology, almost always it is broken, there is pain and discomfort. Inflammation of the tongue can affect anyone. It affects newborns, adults and the elderly.
As development occurs
Inflammation can be caused by infection or be due to pathology occurring in the body. Depending on the level of the lesion tissue, it is divided into:
- Superficial or catarrhal. The disease affects only the upper layers of the mucosa. May develop due to: digestive diseases, measles, diphtheria, bad habits, failure to comply with General hygiene care for the oral cavity. Inflamed mucosa may result in injury, burns, poisoning, eating too spicy food. The symptoms include: a burning sensation in the affected area, excessive salivation. Restricted mobility of the organ, there is swelling, plaque, the tip of the tongue sharply painful;
- Deep glossitis is quite a severe disease. Inflamed tongue may result in infectious, viral, bacterial factors. The process affects not only the mucosa, but deeper lying tissue gradually passes into the throat. The complication may be an abscess, abscess, necrosis, phlegmon, sepsis. The patient feels severe pain in the affected area. It is enhanced by the act of swallowing. A person can not eat. Diseased organ increases in size, observed hyperemia, swelling, ulcerative lesions, a dense plaque.
Papillitis language what it is
It is an inflammation of the papillae of the tongue. The disease develops quite often. May occur due to the following reasons: the active growth of viruses, fungi, bacteria, and traumatic factors. Very often, catarrhal forms of the disease are associated with surface thermal and acid burns. People often injure the teeth on the side, without even noticing it. In mild burns, the tip of the tongue numb. When inflammation of the papillae on the tongue is observed: redness of the affected surface, the lack of taste sensitivity, discomfort when eating, excessive salivation, dry mouth, pain.
The types of pathologies
To date, the most common are the following forms of pathology:
|Folded form.||Is an inborn feature of a person. Body increased in size. The main feature, the presence of deep furrows along its length. This form does not prevent to live, doesn’t manifest itself. However, it may cause the development of psychological complexes. Depressed immunity may develop infectious diseases of the oral cavity. In connection with the presence of a large number of grooves, the probability of finding in the mucosa of the large number of pathogens increases. People should carefully follow the hygiene. In infancy, the pathology can cause sudden asphyxia.|
|Hairy form.||Accompanied by overgrowth and cornification of filiform papillae. In the center is a hearth having an oval shape. If you look, it seems that on the surface is a piece of black hair. Symptoms: discomfort when swallowing, feeling of a foreign body in the mouth, the urge to vomit. The disease affects more often than men. Causes: vitamin deficiency, hypervitaminosis, inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, metabolic disorders.|
|Diamond-shaped form.||Is formed by atrophy of papillae. In the middle appears on the lesion. The process involves root. Pathology is a rhombus. Its length is about 4 – 5 inches, width not more than 2. The reason may be: vitamin deficiency, disease of the gastrointestinal tract, bad habits. Pathology, as a rule, is not accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, generally takes years, can be found at checkups.|
|Gontarovskaya form.||Accompanied by atrophy of papillae. The whole body is crimson. The disease is not considered independent, is a symptom that the body has a lack of folic acid and vitamin b 12. Pathology to be treated by eliminating the underlying disease and vitamins.|
|Interstitial form.||Found in the late stages of syphilis. The symptoms of glossitis: on reduced, impaired mobility, increased density, the tip of the tongue and the entire mucosa is sharply painful. Externally, the body like a quilt. Uneven surface, large number of speakers of hillocks and hollows.|
|Desquamative form.||Iince called «Geographic tongue». Pathology develops quite often. It is a result of chronic gastrointestinal disease. When glossitis inflammation of the tongue is not observed. Outwardly, appear on the mucosa lesions of the epithelium. They expand gradually. In the center of the epithelium is torn away, formed pink — red spots. The affected area is gradually increasing. In the place of exfoliating epithelium appear red outline. After a few days the areas are covered by new epithelium. Multiple processes form a picture of the geographical map. This pathology often affects children and women. It is not accompanied by pain symptoms and does not bring inconvenience. To resolve this form of the disease, it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive examination of the body, to discover the cause.|
To non inflammatory forms include: diamond, desquamative, hairy, wrinkled, black. Pathology can take years and does not disturb the rhythm of human life.
To inflammatory forms include: allergic, drug-induced, interstitial, mycotic, candidiasis, catarrhal, atrophic, phlegmonously. Of the disease occur in acute form and is accompanied by striking symptoms. In chronic course often there are no pain symptoms, patients do not care, but the process is progressing.
Mycotic inflammation of the tongue develops as a result of reproduction of fungal organisms. Often seen in the elderly and young children with weakened immune systems. Causes and treatment in each case.
What unites pathology
Despite the fact that diseases are caused by different factors, they all have common ingredients. Glossitis symptoms:
- Soreness. In most cases it appears in the use of sour, salty, spicy, hot foods. Sensitivity may occur over the entire surface, bottom and side of the body;
- The increase in volume;
- Increased salivation and also dryness of mucous membranes;
- Speech disorders;
- Discomfort when swallowing;
- Pathological halitosis.
When glossitis inflammation of the tongue may be superficial and deep. Inflammation can develop under the tongue, side and root of the tongue.
Get rid of unpleasant disease
How to treat glossitis? This issue is of concern in almost all cases. First of all, it should be noted that therapy deals with disease dentist. He inspects, if necessary, directs additional methods of examination:
- A swab from the inflammation will help to determine the type of infection, prompt medications to treat the disease.
- General blood analysis – show shaped a picture of health. Oak in particular can indicate the presence of anemia, which often develops if there is insufficient iron in the body.
- Some types of glossitis indicate the presence of chronic somatic pathologies. The source treats a narrow specialist. Doctors: ENT, gastroenterologist, virologist, immunologist.
Treatment of glossitis in most cases should be carried out comprehensively.
- Inflammation of the oral cavity should be treated with antiseptic solutions: synthesis, Hlorofillipt, Furatsilina;
- If necessary, the doctor connects antifungal agents: water solution of methylene blue, solution of Borax, soda wiping;
- Used topical preparations having anti-bacterial effect: gel Metrogyl Denta, Exelis, Exaspera, Rexetin, Hexetidine;
- Sometimes, to cure glossitis, herbs. Use products only after consulting a specialist. Successfully used the following plants: chamomile, calendula, sage, oak bark. Raw material for the preparation of decoctions and infusions purchased in pharmacies. Cook according to the instructions on the package. In sale there are ready-made medicines: Rotokan, Stomatofit. Medicinal plants have good antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, regenerative, fungicidal and wound-healing action;
- Inflammation of the mouth, it is advisable to treat wound healing and regenerative drugs. To do this, apply rosehip oil and sea buckthorn;
- Be sure to implement the individual measures hygiene care about the health of teeth and gums;
- Regardless of glossitis treatment should be accompanied by diet. In diseases of the mouth and tongue, it is recommended to remove from the diet is solid, salty, sweet, sour, bitter, hot products. The food should be carefully milled and fed as a liquid puree;
- When pain, it is advisable to use painkillers: solutions of Lidocaine, and Novocaine Trimekaina, emulsion Anestezina, sprays Lidocaine Aseptic and Strepsils;
- It is recommended to use local immune protection tools and complex effects;
- For beriberi, treatment of glossitis is accompanied by vitamins.
Cured glossitis, should all be equal, is under the constant supervision of a specialist. When recurrent course, a more thorough examination.
Treatment of the disease is treated individually. Be aware that the root cause for each of the patients may be their own. If the cause of the disease is a physical disease, it is necessary to find and treat.