Gums bleed what to do: causes and treatment
What gums started bleeding easy to notice in the process of cleaning the teeth. Over time, the traces of blood remain on the bitten products. Then blood begins to flow without any physical impact. If you have problems with mucous appears and breath, which is very confusing to the person. In this article we will explain how to cure bleeding gums and how to stop the bleeding from the gums.
Why gums bleed
The reason is inflammation. It is caused by bacteria that are in the process of life produce substances that have a negative influence on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. When inflammation in the tissues of the blood circulation, and therefore there is swelling, capillary fragility, change the color to either red or bluish. The physical impact, and this is brushing your teeth or chewing food, small blood vessels are torn, and we see the blood from the gums. Some patients teeth constantly bleed, others only during the cleaning. And if bleeding gums do not cause much pain, it does not mean that no pathology is necessary to get rid of. Inflamed gums eventually ceases to hold the tooth and it falls out.
The most common cause of the inflammatory process, which teeth are bleeding, is the presence of hard deposits on the teeth. After eating the fibers and the particles remain on the teeth. The bacteria receive food and favorable conditions to multiply rapidly, forming a soft plaque. At this stage it is easily removed during a routine teeth cleaning. But if it takes several days, and it still is not removed, then under the action of calcium salts contained in the saliva, it begins to harden, becoming Tartar. Solid dental deposits can be removed only in the dental office.
Hard plaque can form above the gum line and under it. If the stone is formed above the gum, the patient he can see for himself. If sediment accumulates under, it can only see a dentist. As a rule, if there is subgingival stone, the gum bleeds in one place, that is where the plaque is located, as it removes the mucous from the teeth.
Thus, the main cause of bleeding is the lack of oral hygiene. But there are still several factors can cause gum problems, namely:
- mechanical trauma during brushing. For example, the patient purchased a toothbrush with very stiff bristles, which causes trauma to the gums, when brushing is a very strong pressure on the teeth and gums; the use of dental floss made a sudden movement, causing bleeding gums between the teeth; improper technique of brushing your teeth;
- systemic diseases. Diseases such as: diabetes mellitus, failure of the thyroid gland, respiratory infections, disorders in the gastrointestinal tract, can cause inflammation of the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- medication. Some medications can cause swelling of the mucous membrane and to thin the blood. One of the most common drugs that have this action, is aspirin;
- a lack of vitamins. If the body lacks of vitamins such as C, E, j, K, then it very much affects the gums, as the capillaries become more fragile, and tissue swelling. This problem occurs in people who often keep to the diet, consisting of 2-3 products, or whose diet is too poor. The treatment of bleeding gums, under the circumstances, is to vitamin therapy and increased consumption of vegetables and fruits;
- poor quality dentures can cause inflammation of the adjacent mucosa. Then will bleed one tooth;
- hormonal disturbance. It can be associated with pregnancy, puberty, periods, use of hormonal therapy. In the body become unbalanced, which can lead to problems of the vascular system;
- bleeding can be a symptom of dental disease. So, if there is plaque on the teeth, gums podpolye red or bluish in color, there is pain when brushing your teeth or bite, and notice the bad breath is gingivitis. If untreated, it turns into periodontitis, when these symptoms add to the formation of gingival pockets, laid bare the neck of the tooth, leaking pus and may lead to the mobility of the teeth. In this disease, not only violated the aesthetics of the smile, as the teeth «fan out», but healthy teeth have to be removed.
As you can see, bleeding gums can lead to a more tangible nuisance than staining toothbrush. This is a sign of poor circulation and if the inflammation is not addressed, then in a few years it will lead to long-term treatment and prosthetics. As soon as I started bleeding in the gums need to take action. How to treat bleeding gums can be determined only by the dentist after examination of the oral cavity, and determine the cause.
What to do when gums bleed
When people notice that they begin to bleed teeth, he is not hurry to seek skilled help, preferring to decide for themselves how they should be treated. First purchased toothpastes designed to treat the inflammation, then go in the course of traditional medicine. At some time it reduces visual symptoms, but not cure.
Of course, medicated toothpastes can relieve the inflammation and to kill bacteria, but they do not cure the bleeding because they do not eliminate its cause. The patient feels an improvement only in that period while the uses of the drug. As soon as he returns to his regular hygiene, then again, bleed from the gums. And again the question arises: if the gums are bleeding, what to do.
Therapeutic toothpaste can be applied for bleeding gums as emergency assistance. For example, to use it before the scheduled visit to the doctor or to the period of therapy, so bleeding gums not bother others.
Medicated toothpastes contain antiseptics, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory components, substances to accelerate regeneration.
- The composition of the paste «LACALUT aktiv» is the lactate of aluminium, which is able to deliver from severe bleeding after the first application;
- «LACALUT fitoformula» contains in addition to aluminum lactate herbs that reduce inflammation, and eliminate bleeding of the gums;
- Toothpaste «Parodontax» reduces inflammation, has antibacterial and astringent properties;
- «PresiDENT exclusive» is able to quickly remove the inflammation.
If you see the paste composition antibiotics or antiseptics, such as triclosan, chlorhexidine, hexetidine, phenyl salicylate, you should know that these pastes cannot be used constantly. They will have a positive effect no longer than 14 days. These substances destroy not only pathogens but also beneficial bacteria, as a result of changes of the microflora in the oral cavity, thus worsening the state of the mucosa and teeth.
If you have bleeding gums, what to do? Make an appointment to see the doctor, and reduce inflammation with hygiene and traditional medicine.
Professional gum treatment
What to do if you have bleeding gums, tell a doctor dentist. If possible, it is best to consult a periodontist, as he is specializiruetsya on periodontal diseases. At the reception the doctor will indicate why bleeding and sore gums and determine a treatment plan. At least it will consist of three stages:
- Stage 1. Tooth removal of bacterial deposits as supragingival, and subgingival. The procedure is done with ultrasound. If stones are not much the doctor can do it in one visit. After you have removed all the plaque teeth Polish;
- Stage 2. The removal of inflammation. This requires a rinse and an application rate of 10 days. If not very pronounced inflammatory process, the doctor will tell you how to do the procedure at home.
Therapy consists in treating the mouth with Chlorhexidine 0.05% and the local application of «Holisal-gel». Processing is carried out twice a day. First, you want to rinse the mouth with Chlorhexidine minute, then remove saliva from the gums by wiping with gauze or breathed by the mouth, and smear edge area gel. After the procedure advised not to eat 2-3 hours.
If the inflammation is severe enough, you to the listed procedures will be added, and treatment of gum pockets with special instruments. And this can only be done in the dentist’s office.
When such therapy gingivitis from bleeding enough. But with periodontitis, you may need additional antibiotics and further treatment. Splinting when using fiberglass or metal covered with a splint holding the teeth in a certain position and distribute the load, stops them shattering. Using special tools the doctor will clean the gingival pockets (curettage). Need flap surgery.
- Stage 3. The doctor will explain the reasons for bleeding gums and teach the correct technique of brushing your teeth. You may need to buy some tools that will help you to prevent inflammation and bleeding gums in the future for you, with your position of teeth and the hardness of the enamel. This may be a special dental brushes, brushes for cleaning interdental spaces, the irrigator, electric toothbrush. Finally, advise which toothpaste and mouthwash is better to use.
Gum disease and pregnancy
During the carrying a child hormonal undergoes strong changes. All organs and systems are working in emergency mode, as required to maintain two lives. And not surprisingly, in this period, there are problems that previously were not possible. One of them is bleeding from the gums. Often, a woman notices bleeding from the teeth at 3-4 months of pregnancy. The question arises: if there is bleeding gums, which treatment requires pregnant after taking antibiotics or anesthesia not.
The treatment of bleeding gums during pregnancy is carried out with careful selection of drugs, as a rule, the doctor prescribes a gargle decoction and infusions of natural plant components. If you need Tartar removal, ultrasound is not used, and the procedure is done in several sessions.
Often, pregnant women bleeding, a special treatment is not required. After the baby is born and hormonal balance is restored, the problem will be resolved.
If there is bleeding gums, causes and treatment able to identify only a professional. So if heavy bleeding gums, you should not delay visiting the dentist.
The advice of traditional medicine
The answer to the question, what to do if bleeding gums gives and folk medicine. For the treatment of hemophilia used decoctions and infusions of plants which have regenerative properties, reduce inflammation, stop the bleeding, do not give bacteria to multiply. The doctor may advise you to use them as a Supplement to therapy.
- Often if you have bleeding gums, we advise you to make a decoction of oak bark. It will reduce inflammation and stop the bleeding of the gums.
- Quite effective, if bleeding teeth, decoction of chamomile. It possesses antimicrobial properties and promotes rapid healing of tissues.
- Sage has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to relieve swelling, relieve pain. So can help if you are ill and bleeding gums.
- If heavy bleeding gums, you should prepare an infusion of nettle. It is a plant that is able to quickly stop the bleeding.
- If after brushing your teeth raises the question of how to stop the bleeding from the gums, use one of the simplest means. In a glass of cold water dilute a spoon of salt and rinse your mouth with a solution.
- Apple cider vinegar will help if the teeth bleed. It can remove soft plaque, to stop bleeding and reduce inflammation. Two tablespoons of vinegar diluted in a glass of water.
- The bleeding from the teeth is able to stop aloe. This plant has anti-inflammatory and healing action. It can be applied in the form of slurry or decoction for rinsing.