How many teeth at 1 year
The stages of child development to age norms, for example, when he needs to learn how to sit, how many teeth in 1 year, in what month it will start to crawl. Most children develop at roughly the same time. Although there are deviations from the norm. The most painful process — teething, most afraid of young parents. In fact ahead of the sleepless nights, constant crying. Parents of kids who have already endured the torments with the first eruption, now concerned with another question — whether the child is advanced in one year.
The number of teeth depending on age
Each child’s development is individual. But there are average age norms that affect most children. Thus, young parents may know about which event will occur in the development of the baby in a particular age. So year, many begin to walk, trying to speak, even to say a few words. How many teeth should be in the child by this time? Let’s start with that first tooth erupts around 6 months (some of it happens in 3, and 9 months, but that happens much less often). First out of the bottom middle teeth, followed top. Then the lateral incisors, canines and molars. Now it becomes clear how much must be teeth in 1 year old he. The average number during normal growth and development of 4-8. If 1 year the child did not appear any teeth, it is a deviation from the norm. In this case, you must consult a pediatric dentist and perform all of their assigned recommendations.
Factors influencing the rate of appearance of teeth
Why do children differ in the timing of teething? The reason lies in several factors influencing the development of the whole child and the appearance of the teeth in particular:
- the speed of the eruption is reduced if during fetal development of the child, his mother suffered from morning sickness, sick, herpes, toxoplasmosis, has a heart defect, had a conflict RH factor of the fetus;
- received by the child at birth, intracranial trauma;
- the child was born prematurely;
- infectious disease the first weeks of life;
- reduce the rate of appearance of milk teeth in a child of his tenderness for the first year, frequent viral respiratory infections, the migrated rickets, congenital hypothyroidism, pneumonia;
- pathology of the pituitary gland.
Some scientists believe that the firstborn of the emergence of teeth occurs earlier than subsequent children. Also, it is believed that the young mom and dad kids will later embark on this stage of development than older parents. Boys lag behind girls. It is believed that even the diet of a pregnant woman affect the time of eruption.
What are the signs portend teething
The appearance of the teeth — a new period in the child’s development during which his behavior changes significantly. It’s a painful process, so the mood of the child is deteriorating, as his General health. The main symptoms of the beginning of the eruption:
- restless behavior;
- poor sleep;
- lack of appetite;
- temperature rise;
- runny nose;
- increased production of saliva;
- placement in a mouth of fingers or objects;
- skin rashes;
- the rejection of the pacifier.
The child is lethargic, irritable, refuses games. The most appropriate for him now to sit in the parents arms. The gums swell, redden, increased salivation speaks about their irritation.
Can vomiting, increased vomiting, diarrhea. If the child shows excessive irritability, constantly screaming, it is difficult to calm, you need to show it to the doctor. May require any medicines. During this period, special attention should be paid to hygiene, wash hands frequently to the child or at least periodically wipe them with a damp napkin. After all, the kid always pulls them into his mouth. There is a risk of infection which will lead to stomatitis.
Medications to relieve symptoms
If a strong increase in temperature is necessary to call the doctor at home. He will advise medication, to help cope with the heat and pain, calm the baby. Usually used children’s products with acetaminophen, such as Panadol. They are allowed to use four months.
To relieve the pain of teething a good helping of special gels with painkillers components, Kalgel, Kamistad. Squeeze the tip of your finger a little gel, then a circular motion massage inflamed gums.
How to help your child
This period requires parents attention to the baby and lots of love. After all, he is experiencing a constant stress due to pain. Therefore, parents should have patience in this difficult time.
Here are some tips on how to ease the state of the baby:
- often wear it on the hands;
- distract with toys, rattles;
- sing the baby a nice song, speak to him affectionately;
- important General atmosphere in the house friendly relationship between all members of the family. Do not swear in the presence of the baby;
- if the child is breastfed, often put him to the breast, so he will be calmer feel.
To reduce the itching and pain of the gums, you can use special cutters. They are sold in pharmacies, specialized stores, children’s sections of supermarkets.
They must be made of safe for baby, eco-friendly materials. Usually they are shaped comfortable to hold little hands. Plastic teethers are bumps that massage and relieve itching. Silicone, except for the ribbed surface, even filled with water for cooling sore gums (that it should hold in the refrigerator).
Caring for little teeth
Some parents think that baby teeth do not have to carefully look after, because they are not forever. This judgment is not true for the following reasons:
- From the proper care of baby teeth affect the health of permanent that will come to replace them, the baby needs from an early age to be accustomed to personal hygiene. The child of 1 year should already have formed the habit daily of cleansing the cavity of the mouth.
- To start the care you need from the first tooth appeared. You can buy special silicone brush, fingertips, which is also good massage the gums. Let the child gets used to proper oral hygiene, do the cleaning procedure twice a day. Also you can wipe a piece of gauze soaked in boiled water. Year you can use a baby toothbrush, and even to give the baby to try to brush her teeth independently. In the stores there are children’s toothpaste for the first teeth. On them is marked «from birth» or «0+». This paste does not contain fluoride and other dangerous for the child components.
- Regardless of the number of milk teeth, which appeared in the year, it must reduce to the dentist.
Pathology in deciduous teeth
During the eruption of possible deviations from the norm. Therefore, there is a need for early dental visits to detect disease at the beginning of development. These include:
- violation of the tooth axis, cutting in the wrong place;
- early teething, may indicate disorders in the endocrine system;
- later, the eruption is often the result of metabolic disorders, infectious diseases, rickets;
- the irregular shape of the tooth;
- anomalies of the color or size of teeth.
More or fewer teeth in a child may depend on genetic factors.
If the overall development is without deviation, you should not focus on how many teeth the child in year 4 or 8. Because this process is influenced by many factors, which are individual for each.
How many teeth should be in a child after a year? By 18 months, children usually have incisors, first molars on top and bottom, canines can appear later, closer to 20 months. So , at the age of eighteen in the mouth of a child can be up to 16 teeth. By this time the parents become more experienced in this matter. They already know how their child reacts to the appearance of the teeth, what symptoms accompany this process. Becoming aware of the ways of dealing with pain and discomfort that can best help to alleviate the suffering of the baby.
To two years the second molars erupt (root). A minimum of two-year-old and 16 teeth. This period can be very painful because the hurt molars large surface of the gums teething. If in 2 years the second molars yet, don’t worry. Normally, they should appear to 30 months.