How many teeth in 2 years
For each young mother question how many teeth in 2 years is important. After all, it reflects the General health of the baby. If they are not growing well it may be a consequence of abnormal development or malnutrition of the child. By definition of the world health organization to 2 years of age the teeth of children should be 16. A slight deviation from the norm is not a reason to panic, but requires further consultation at the dentist. Considering that the teeth do kids climb at different speeds, variation in the number can be from 12 to 20 milk. Some children start to erupt at 3-4 months, others are in no hurry to occur in the 6. Regardless of the appearance of the first tooth to 3 years the process usually ends.
The order of eruption
For the eruption to follow, still need to carefully, regardless of how many teeth the child has grown, it is important to respect the order in which they appear. At infringement of sequence should immediately contact the pediatric dentist and pediatrician.
Every mother should be able to distinguish normal growth from broken.
To 6 months appear in the Central incisors in the lower jaw, this time, in addition to the joy of eruption of the first tooth is accompanied by new anxieties. The child has a fever, reduced appetite, increased tearfulness and moodiness. How to facilitate state kid, will be described later.
With the appearance of the first tooth pediatricians suggest to introduce solid foods from this point the baby will need more nutrients than before.
7-8 months, the number increases to 4, grow two incisors in the upper jaw.
How many teeth should be to 1 year, can be calculated by the formula n-4, where n represents the number of months, this same formula can be learned and normal teeth to 2 years.
Appear after the incisors canines, molars, root teeth begin to appear already in yearlings, with a difference of a few months (more or less). How much is the teeth of the child at 2 years is influenced by many factors:
- when the first tooth;
- food, lack of nutrients teething can be greatly slowed, while the saturation of the body with minerals and vitamins, you can see the first tooth before 4 months of age the crumbs;
- water quality and ecological situation in the area of residence of the family, also plays a huge role in the development of the baby in General, and in teething children.
Given these factors, the teeth must have two years from 16 to 20, deviation 2 tooth belongs to the normal range, provided their correct order of appearance.
Can you cut teeth before 4 months, also depends on many factors, including maternal nutrition during pregnancy, there are cases of the birth of a child already with 1-2 teeth.
How to ease the teething
Teething is a physiological process, but it is very painful for the baby and disturbing for parents. It happens that the process does not cause concern and is easily tolerated by the child, but most often accompanied by a number of symptoms that you should be able know an from colds.
- Anxiety, and irritability. The child is crying more than usual, trouble sleeping. It is patience and just wait out the time while climbing teeth. Strongly distracting the baby and nursing.
- Cough. Manifests itself due to the runoff of excessive amounts of saliva in the throat. The condition eases when the baby is positioned vertically.
- Malnutrition. Child influence pain, appetite decreases. After the appearance of the tooth is restored.
- Gingival inflammation. There is a swelling and redness of the area of the gums. The child experiences itching and pain, trying to scratch the gums. The course is all that the baby can reach toys, blanket, fingers. During this period there is an increased need for sterility of the surrounding crumbs items. Failure to observe the rules of hygiene the child may cause infection in the oral cavity which develops in the form of thrush, stomatitis, inflammation of the throat. To facilitate you can use special gels for teething (Kalgel), pain of the gums.
To aid in the teething of the child can be offered a special toy, which the child would be happy to scratch gums, which will facilitate the process. When applying the water teether can be cooled, thereby reducing pain.
- Hyperthermia. Teething may be accompanied by fever up to 380C, should be distinguished from a rise of respiratory etiology. The increase in evident a few days before the eruption of the tooth and decreases immediately after its occurrence.
To facilitate the status, you can use antipyretics based on Ibuprofen and Paracetamol. It could be cough syrup, or rectal suppositories, the most common drug: Nurofen. In the daytime it is recommended to use physical methods (wiping a child), drugs used in rare cases and following the exact dosage specified in the instructions, in accordance with age. It is recommended to consult a pediatrician to exclude infection.
Deviations in the normal range
When the correct order of eruption of teeth and the absence of pathology in the structure the lack of the required number is considered normal. If in doubt you should contact a pediatric dentist for advice. To 3 years usually, the growth of milk teeth is completed, except in rare cases.
Care for the oral cavity of the baby
With the emergence of the first teeth should take care of their health, to then not have to treat the child at the dentist.
It is affected by several factors. Care for oral hygiene and proper nutrition. For the prevention of caries little under 3 years should not know of sweets and chocolates. The best option treats this age will be raw fruits and vegetables.
To clean the mouth should be used twice a day, special children’s toothpastes and brushes. To 2 years the procedure must be fulfilled mom (or dad), and older age, you can teach the baby. It is important, even if the baby brushes his teeth independently, parental control is needed before school age. And with the reluctance of the child to comply with basic hygiene and older.
The caries of deciduous teeth
The occurrence of caries in toddlers is common. A feature of the pathology is affected not only by the violation of proper care and nutrition of the baby, but the health status of the mother during pregnancy.
How to keep baby healthy teeth.
- Nutrition during pregnancy and the timely introduction of complementary foods.
- With the appearance of the first tooth to start caring for the oral cavity.
- Taken from baby bottles and nipples, with a long sucking bite is broken and may appear pathological processes of the enamel.
- The detection of the darkening of the tooth should immediately contact your dentist, where the physician treated the patient tooth, which will allow to keep it.
- Also cause the development of caries may be the night sucking milk. After brushing, a child to feed is not recommended.
- In addition to brushing twice a day is recommended to clean the tooth cavity after each meal.
To avoid unpleasant consequences should strengthen the enamel of the teeth and monitor the condition of your oral cavity constantly. In addition to caries occur in children and other diseases of the teeth.
It can be:
- the change of tooth enamel;
- the abrasion of the teeth;
- the defeat of enamel of various medicines.
Any break or deviation from the norm requires the intervention of a specialist. Treatment of caries in children are painless and can be performed without filling. Loss of primary teeth may harm the digestion of the baby and affects the formation of self-esteem.
Healthy mouth of a child — caring parents
About the condition of the teeth need to be taken care of from the first days of conception.
The formation of the rudiments accounted for 1 trimester of fetal development. At this time, future mothers have to eat properly, thus increase the intake of vitamins C, phosphorus and calcium. After birth, the baby should receive breast milk, and with it all the necessary elements. Proper nutrition of the mother affects the baby’s health.
With the appearance of the first tooth, you should carefully monitor the hygienic condition of the oral cavity, especially with the introduction of complementary foods and supplementation.
My 2 year old should have to teach a child to brush their teeth using a soft brush and a safe pasta. Sweet and flour should be present in the minimum quantity possible to be absent in the diet of crumbs. Useful to chew a carrot and an Apple. At night sweet tea and juice to substitute for plain water, the more the child needs to consume daily.