How much is a metal-ceramic crown on the tooth?
Dental metal and ceramics high-quality and affordable. The answer to the question, how much is metal-ceramic crown on tooth that are important for the future owner of a beautiful smile.
First and foremost is to learn about the diversity of products, benefits, and recommendations, as well as other nuances and peculiarities.
The pros and cons of metal crowns
Metal-ceramic crowns have the following advantages:
- A wide spectrum of shades — coating for crowns different choice from the extensive range of colors and textures that mimic natural reliefs the teeth.
- The durability of the aesthetic appearance of products made of metal not subject to absorption in any coloring agents, and will not lose the original brightness. Metal crowns are designed to solve aesthetic defects of appearance that is easily achieved due to the similarity of their views with the living, external merge with the adjacent teeth of the client.
- Functionality — when eating any hardness artificial teeth perform their functions at the same level as natural, not giving them and not causing discomfort.
- Durability and ability to protect teeth — if properly exploited, metal-ceramic dental products will serve not less than 15 years. Long life proved design and strength of the applied alloys. Dentures-metal handle chewing solid food, is equivalent to distribute the load during a meal. The risk of chipping, external damage, scratches and such teeth is minimal. Crown fits to the tooth tightly, it provides protection from destruction in adverse conditions.
- Hypoallergenic — used in the manufacture of crowns materials do not contain toxins, so the risk of Allergy when using them is minimal, rejection by the body are eliminated. Allergic reactions to metal are rare. It is explained by the process of oxidation under the influence of saliva, if the crowns from base metal. Symptoms of any discomfort – about the visit to the specialist.
- Biocompatibility — use of frameworks of quality materials for the prosthesis will provide a positive impact on the oral cavity, without irritation and discomfort.
- Strength of metal-ceramic dental prosthesis can withstand a significant load when chewing food.
- Cermet has high hygiene standards, because resistant to the harmful action of microorganisms.
- Available to the patient cost.
These characteristics are common to all products of metal. They may differ depending on the frame of metal and along with the positive to have negative characteristics.
Cons of products:
- The need depulpatsii tooth — a significant disadvantage. In most cases, installation of crowns the tooth the patient undergoes root canal, cleaning, filling of canals.
- Turning the tooth — a loss of your own tooth structure will need to grind to 2 mm of the surface from all sides.
- The hardness of the material — is simultaneously both a plus and a minus. On the one hand, a guarantee of durability and increased service life, with another – the risk of accelerated wear of the adjacent teeth on the second opposite jaw of the patient.
- The risk of chipping — in terms of correct use, regular maintenance, the metal will last a long time, but when excessive mechanical force on her veneer crowns are prone to chipping and deeper damage.
- Cons aesthetics — in some cases, for example, when lowering the gums, in the place of alignment with her products occurs cyanosed mucous from the metal framework along its edges.
- Contraindications if the patient has suffered a chronic disease of periodontal tissues, and acute diseases of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity is the direct contraindications to the insertion of implants. In addition, cermets contraindicated in the presence of Central nervous system diseases, malocclusions, pregnancy and rehabilitation after acute infectious attacks.
How much is a metal crown?
The cost of furnishing artificial teeth, of cermets consists of:
- the cost of the metal alloy for the frame;
- prices for ceramics lining;
- assess the qualifications of dentists, technicians;
- the wishes of the client;
- the individual patient;
- the reputation of the dental clinic;
- prices for additional services.
When severe wear of the anterior teeth in the absence of alternative outlets, metal-ceramic crown is the best out of the situation. Depulpatsiya tooth at the modern level of technology with the installation of a sintered product on the front teeth – prosthetic care is not required, because the excess tissue specialists can remove by applying special formulations. The boundary adjoining the crown a living tooth is barely discernible, gums, preserves the integrity and aesthetic appearance.
Important point – the artificial teeth differ in color from natural, even when meticulous selection of colors that can bring aesthetic discomfort to the patient. The most harmonious metal-ceramic crowns look in the complete replacement of the entire front row. The metal frame at the base of the denture (titanium base alloy) deprives the appearance of the product translucency, which is native to the client’s teeth. The difference is most noticeable when addressed to bright, or fluorescent light. However, the crown on the basis of the gold alloy are as natural as possible. Gold forms a natural yellowish tint.
The appearance of lividity of the gums at the site of implantation may be avoided in the application of metal-ceramic crowns with shoulder. This option will increase the cost of the product, as it requires additional qualifications dentist.
Alternative metal option for area smile – metal-free prosthetics, using porcelain. These crowns are identical in shade with the living teeth, but have increased compared to the sintered product, fragility and higher cost.
The final price for porcelain fused to metal anterior teeth differ depending on the selected alloy, installation of temporary plastic dentures. Crown on the implant has a more complex manufacturing process and may cost more.
The alloy frame is the first, what determines the cost of metal-ceramic crowns for the front row of incisors and canines.
- In the manufacture of a frame made of cobalt and chromium price range from 4 500 to 11 000 for a crown depending on the quality of the material manufacturer.
- When the alloy with a predominance of gold (in conjunction with palladium, platinum) — from 10 000 to 17 000 rubles. Separately calculate the cost of the gold rate per gram. The final cost comes to 18 000.
- Titanium alloy with special ceramic will increase the unit cost to 35 000 rubles.
- The cost of the temporary prosthesis made of plastic at the time of dental procedures will be 1000-1500 rubles. It is separately included in the cost.
Molars, like premolars, often metal-ceramic prosthetics. These teeth are not visible as clearly as the front. Their strength is more important than attractiveness, but a rich palette of spraying will ensure the selection of the most natural and attractive color. To resort to installing on a chewing teeth crowns made of metal and ceramics, it means to restore missing teeth even with destruction and the absence of the latter living.
Will help installing the console bridge. If previously added two artificial molars with subsequent overload, it is now possible to produce smaller products with internal side and normal size on the outside. This decision will allow to reduce the load of the teeth reference. Negative approach – chewing particularly hard foods be difficult, which, however, does not change the lifetime of the crowns. The cost of metal-ceramic teeth – molars comparable products for the front row.
The cost of a crown for posterior teeth by type of alloy:
- With the installation of cobalt-chrome basis price will range from 4 500 to 9 500 per crown. Ceramics produced in Germany, Japan, average 6 000 rubles per unit of production of Russia, Belarus – from 4 500 rubles per unit.
- When using alloys of noble metals, the unit price will be 9 000-17 000 roubles taking into account the cost of gold.
- Denture molars will cost even more. Its value varies from 40 to 60 thousand rubles per unit.
- The client may cancel the provisional prostheses made of plastic, saving up to 1500 rubles per unit.
- Follow the actions carried out in clinics. Then the cost of installation of products may differ significantly, up to 50% discounts.
Video: the process of making metal-ceramic crowns.
Installation of metal designs will take several visits to the doctor and will require additional procedures.
During the first visit, the dentist the podiatrist will advise, execute the impressions of the jaw. Depending on the level of the selected clinics, the procedure may be free or cost from 500 rubles and above.
In the case of the tooth pulp, the tooth will strengthen copings. On subsequent visits, a tooth preparation, the determination of the shade of crowns, fixing of temporary crowns, fitting, final adjustments, and installation. Thus, to set the cermet, should be calculated for its full value at the first appointment. Full cost per unit of metal is very different in the choice of materials can vary from 6-7 thousand to 35-40 thousand in a multi-level clinics.
What to get veneers, how to choose the alloy – to solve the client. The final price is calculated individually taking into account the wishes and preferences.