How to brush your teeth: how and when to do it
How to brush your teeth — this question worries many. Proper technique ensures good care of teeth. This reduces the likelihood of developing diseases of the oral cavity. Such unpleasant diseases as caries, periodontitis, gingivitis, pulpitis, periodontitis in the majority of cases occur in people who neglect the rules of personal hygiene or carry out it the wrong way. How to care for teeth properly, talk article.
Toothbrush, toothpaste, oral irrigator and floss is a reliable prevention of pathologies
Why brush your teeth? — surprised some people. Because in order to freshen the breath, it is sufficient to use the fresheners of the oral cavity, chewing gum, tablets. On the one hand, this statement has a right to exist. Personal care products give instant results, easy to use, if necessary, they create a feeling of comfort and freshness. However, the gum, the pills the odor pills are not fighting with the main sources of unpleasant manifestations. They only mask them. To mouth healthy, you must follow the basic rules of dental care. If after a meal, do not remove its leftovers completely, the calcination of soft plaque and the formation of stones.
Toothbrush required the following types of hygiene products:
- Toothbrush. How to brush your teeth and to select the means of hygiene? In the modern market, there are 3 variations of bristle: soft, medium, hard. The soft brush is indicated for children under the age of 10 -12 years. Use a soft brush people suffering from periodontal disease and periodontitis, individuals with increased sensitivity of the enamel. Soft bristles provides gentle cleansing, do not injure the gums. Brushes with medium enjoys a healthy population. How to make brushing your teeth in the presence of braces, should tell the orthodontist. In pharmacies sell special brushes which enable to remove food debris from the hard to reach places.
Stiff bristles are shown in the quick formation of solid deposits between the teeth. Resorting to the use of this brush, remember, she has a traumatic effect on the enamel and gums, if during manipulation to exert increased force.
- Proper teeth cleaning involves the use of floss. This is a special thread that will help get rid of food debris in Mizuno space and will significantly reduce the development of caries. Some manufacturers handle special floss fluoride treatment;
- Care of teeth at home by using mouthwash will help to keep your breath fresh ensure healthy gums, strengthen tooth enamel. You should not use a mouthwash with antiseptics on a regular basis. Them enough to use as prevention for prescription, defined courses. The excessive use of them leads to allergic reactions caused by the dysbiosis of the oral cavity;
- Special paste. Some people wonder whether it is possible to brush your teeth without toothpaste? The answer is simple, Yes you can. However, in order to squirm from the sediments is not enough the action of one brush. Cleansers have different composition and focuses on a particular range of validity. Some provide care for their gums, others protect against tooth decay. There is hygienic products, which has a complex effect and is meant for daily use;
- Dental hygiene is carried out using a special device — irrigator. It can be portable (travel) and stationary. Each has advantages and disadvantages. For family use, the ideal solution is a stationary irrigator with interchangeable nozzles. The operation principle is simple. It helps clear the oral cavity free from accumulation of microorganisms by using water pressure. Irrigator is simply irreplaceable for people suffering from chronic periodontitis and gingivitis, and also for individuals wearing fixed orthodontic and orthopedic structures.
How to clean your teeth using the device?
The device is available to all. Depending on tooth sensitivity independently is selected for the pressure and the mode. Water jet not only cleans the interdental space and reduces the risk of tooth decay, but also helps massage gums, improves blood circulation and metabolism.
How many minutes to brush their teeth with the Waterpik?
The duration can range from 3 to 10 minutes. This is sufficient to allow the device to cope with their main tasks. Irrigator as a modern way of tooth brushing helps to smoothly carry out hygiene procedures. It makes them pleasant, massages gums and improves blood circulation in them.
What if the cleaning product has caused an allergic reaction?
When identifying the connection between rashes, inflammation and toothpaste or rinse, immediately cancel them.
Oral hygiene throughout the day
The correct dental care provides reliable protection from tooth decay and gum disease. Teeth cleaning at home will not take much time. It should be done 2 times a day, morning and evening. Teeth cleaning types and sequence of manipulations is performed, depending on convenience.
Answers to popular questions:
|When is the proper way to brush your teeth in the morning?||More recently, people believed that performing morning hygiene needs before eating, immediately after waking up. However, this is incorrect. Procedure make after a meal. Before Breakfast, to freshen breath, you need to rinse your mouth.
Rules teeth brushing at home as hygienic procedures carried out not later than 30 minutes after eating! If this is not done, the plaque calcine and turns into a solid. This type of deposits cannot be removed with a brush in their own home.
|How to brush your teeth in the afternoon?||The procedure is complicated by the fact that people in this time often is in the workplace. After a snack it is not possible to use the brush. In this case, to get rid of plaque, you need to rinse your mouth with water, used chewing gum.|
|When is the best time to brush your teeth in the evening?||The manipulation is carried out after dinner. At the end of the procedure, do not eat, can drink clean water. Night to eat strongly desirable.|
|How much time you need to brush your teeth?||Fully hygienic manipulation fit in 3 — 5 minutes. If a person has orthodontic or orthopedic construction, the time increases to 7 -8 minutes.|
|When to brush your teeth after removal?||On the first day after surgery to avoid injury of the gums in the area of operational fields. To do this, use a brush with soft bristles.|
|Whether you need to brush your teeth every time after eating?||No, the constant mechanical action of the toothbrush and the toothpaste activity that negatively affects the health of enamel and gums. Therefore, if a patient asks the dentist how many times a day you should brush your teeth, it gets a reasonable response — no more than 2 -3 times a day.|
|How to care for teeth at home, if the person suffers from gum disease?||After the professional hygiene in the dentist’s office, the doctor assigns the patient to a special tools: rinses with herbs and antiseptics, medicinal gels and ointments, infusions of herbs.|
|How to brush teeth with gingivitis and periodontitis, if there is bleeding?||Do not take independent action without the aid of a dentist. Diseases of the gums are very common for violation or disregard of the rules of hygiene. Diseases unpleasant and eventually without treatment leads to loss of dental units.|
|Can I clean teeth by conventional means with periodontitis?||The answer depends on the stage of the disease. Dentists recommend patients to purchase care special tools: brushes with soft bristles, toothpaste without abrasive substances. In shops, in pharmacies that sell the paste, which contains extracts of chamomile, sage, worlds, peppermint, eucalyptus, Echinacea. Herbs have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic action, stimulate blood circulation in the gums, reduces sensitivity tooth units. When cleaning it is forbidden to make blurred motion, avoid pressure on the handle of the brush.|
|When you need to brush your teeth at the dentist?||To make a professional treatment should be 1 time in 6 — 7 months, in conjunction with the preventive exam. On reception the doctor will remove solid interdental tissue will hold the polishing units. If necessary, the hygienist or periodontist will give individual patient recommendations, which is to use special toothpastes, mouthwashes and pharmaceuticals.|
Need to know
Methods of tooth brushing and the sequence of manipulations may change in connection with convenience to the person. The total cleaning time shall not be less than 3 minutes, the cleansing effect is on each of the units.
There are the following the algorithm of tooth brushing in children and adults:
- Clean unit with right upper outer, and then inner side. Propulsion is achieved by slowly from top to bottom.
- Clean deposits from the left upper outer, and then inner side.
- Clean lower dental units with internal and external parties. Depending on the convenience of removed plaque and deposits on the right and then the left.
- Upon completion of the purification of the molars, proceed to the hygiene of canines and incisors.
- After manipulation, you can start treatment of the inner sides of the cheeks, lips, tongue, and gum massage. This important procedure is required. Dentists claim, the mucous surface of the mouth contain large amounts of pathogenic microorganisms, which cause inflammatory processes and caries.
Care of teeth is a necessary component of a healthy body. Parents, instil in children the basics of oral hygiene from infancy, rarely with the problems of caries and stomatitis in children in the future.
How to brush teeth kids at what age it is necessary to carry out the manipulation?
Experienced dentists believe that the sooner carried out hygienic procedures and training to them, the better. At the first dental units, acquired a special paste and brush for babies. Some manufacturers produce brushes, which are mounted on the finger of an adult. They are very soft, do not injure mucous membranes, good clean mouth. Hygiene products for babies are purchased based on the age of the child. The product packaging manufacturers indicate the age category that should be considered.
Interesting question! Why is it necessary to brush their teeth to kids on artificial feeding? Dentists say that milk formula as opposed to breast milk are an excellent breeding ground for pathogenic microorganisms.
Diseases of the mouth — the consequences of poor hygiene
The correct sequence of care of the oral cavity described above. Ideal if the person complies with these recommendations. However, some people believe that if the dental units are not sick, they don’t need hygiene. This is wrong!
Why you need to brush your teeth? What is soft plaque?
Every time after taking food in the mouth is quite a lot of tiny food residue. They are a favorable environment for bacteria. The result of their life — lactic acid can harm the enamel. A large concentration of microbes and food residues quickly calicivirus and fastened securely to the walls of the dental units. Plaque bacteria are a source of infection. Gradually increasing, the deposits lead to gingivitis and later on periodontitis. Toothbrush, toothpaste and diligence of the person can easily cope with the soft touch in the mouth, preventing the formation of pathologies.
On reception at the doctor!
When visiting the dentist, inform the patient about how to properly care for your teeth. Some classrooms are equipped with models, they show the doctor will manipulate and scheme clearly. How much to clean teeth at the time, depends on the condition of the oral cavity, presence of comorbidities and established designs. Made projection radiograph will help to judge the picture of health dental units.
Fluoridation of teeth — what is it? This method of treatment of caries in the initial stages of pathology development. The procedure is performed by the dentist if necessary, after the detection of the disease on the checkups.
Check the quality of care for the oral cavity
How to brush your teeth efficiently, to bacteria?
It is necessary to observe the basic rules:
- Use soft or hard brush only when necessary, as directed by your dentist. If the diseases of the oral cavity are not available, use the bristles of medium hardness.
- The movement should be smooth. They begin from the gums and end cutting edge units.
- Thoroughly clean the molars, incisors, canines. Do not disregard your back teeth.
- To use the interdental spaces floss.
- If necessary, use a mouthwash and oral irrigator.
Answering the question of how often you have to brush your teeth, it is worth to add that after completion of the hygiene unit must be smooth, fresh breath. Roughness and irregularities of the enamel are missing.
Proper oral hygiene will help to maintain a healthy smile and prevent common problems. This article will help a person to learn such important things like:
- Why you need to brush your teeth?
- How to brush your teeth?
- This recommendation, when it is better to brush your teeth in the morning or evening?
- Determined the amount of time allotted for manipulation;
- Describes how to determine the quality of cleaning.