How to brush your teeth? Step by step instructions
Step by step instructions on how to brush their teeth correctly, as well as the necessary set of tools for oral hygiene and tips.
We will provide the relevant information for the choice of means for care of teeth – it is based on the numerous reviews of people using a long time those or other techniques.
Keep in mind that even though all of the following tips, advice and warnings have a high degree of universality, only an experienced doctor can choose the best method and means for cleaning the teeth.
What do we need?
For effective care of teeth is required to use the correct tools and this should be done comprehensively.
- brushes — the most popular subject for care, they are electric and classical. No need to buy expensive device, in the hope that she will do all the work for you because the classic brush can cope with their tasks better than the expensive electric but need to know the nuances of choice. The brush should suit your stiffness: for the troubled teeth and gums suitable soft, for normal – medium hardness, and the presence of dentures to use the hard. The composition of the bristles should not cause allergic reactions, carefully study the information on the packaging.
If you chose electric toothbrush is much easier for you to clean teeth. The algorithms for movements of the head laid in accordance with the recommendations of dentists, and to better clean the teeth from plaque. Nozzles should be changed at least every six months;
Related article — how to choose an electric or regular tooth brush?
- dental floss (dental floss) — there are different types, suitable for beginners flat waxed that reduce the risk of damage to gums. For more effective care for interdental space threads can be treated with a special antibacterial solution. To select them follows carefully, paying attention to the possible presence of allergens in the composition;
Current information: how to floss correctly?
- pasta — when selected, requires that special attention be paid to composition. Fluoride toothpaste is suitable for those who have no dental problems, and the amount of fluoride in the body exceeds the norm in order to avoid fluorosis, it is not recommended for children under 3 years. Before buying it is advisable to consult a dentist, he will be able to determine what risks exposed to your teeth and recommend a suitable paste;
- the mouthwash is suitable for the care of the whole oral cavity and prevent dental diseases. After brushing and floss, you need to rinse your mouth with mouthwash to ensure that the bacteria does not remain in the mouth after preventive procedures.
Do not rely on good genetics and healthy teeth, as even the most favorable factors, after several years without adequate care, will disappear. Having very good teeth, maintain their status by all available means.
Bad teeth is not only a problem with the chewing of food or drink, they lead to complex problems with the human body, especially the digestive system. The constant presence of bacteria in the mouth may provoke infectious diseases, worsens the local and General immunity.
Video: healthy and white teeth at home
In case of incorrect use of funds for prevention can cause serious problems, so we recommend to avoid in the process of teeth cleaning the following points:
- use an old brush — over time, they become a source of diseases associated with bacteria that live on their surface;
- do not store brushes in wet areas – it promotes the growth of bacteria;
- whitening toothpaste and toothpaste with fluoride before using them consult a dentist. These tools can seriously damage the mouth if used improperly;
- gently use dental threads, try not to hurt the gums — ill-treatment of Flossie can do more harm than good;
- use only a toothbrush otherwise may affect not only the mouth but the entire body;
- when consuming acidic foods brush your teeth at least 30 minutes, this will reduce the load on the enamel;
- if when cleaning you swallowed a significant amount of fluorine-containing toothpaste or mouthwash and feel the slightest discomfort – consult a doctor, and in the future try to avoid embarrassment.
Depending on the structure of the teeth and mouth of each person, the contraindications or warnings may differ. To determine them independently, without medical training, is almost impossible, you will need to consult a dentist.
How to brush your teeth?
To properly brush teeth need to master the technique of this process, it is not enough to correctly perform all the actions that you should to understand why it is done.
Since most uses and a toothbrush, we’ll start with them:
- It is not necessary to apply a larger amount of paste on toothbrush, especially toothpastes with fluoride. Excessive application occurs a lot of foam, but it interferes with the normal cleaning process.
- Brush move up and down, such movement effectively clean the tooth surface from plaque. If you feel that cleaning makes you uncomfortable, try using a soft brush. Toothpaste for sensitive teeth can also reduce discomfort.
- Do not move the brush across the teeth — it puts plaque in the interdental space. Use a circular motion or up and down.
- Begin brushing the front teeth and gradually move to the back, first clean the outside, then, in the same sequence, start internal. Pay attention to each tooth.
- Use for cleaning at least three minutes is the optimum period of time.
It is necessary to pay special attention to cleaning different types of teeth and different sides.
- For care of teeth on the inner side need to open your mouth wide and led brush from the top down. Due to careless cleaning chewing surfaces in hard to reach areas caries and other diseases. Don’t forget to clean the teeth from the gum line.
- Cleaning teeth — move the brush from the end of the dentition to the beginning (clearing only the molars). Equally carefully repeat the procedure for upper and lower teeth, as if moving your lower jaw from brush, this will help to increase the area of cleaning.
At the final stage you must do the following procedure:
- Use dental floss — brush her teeth carefully, start from the front and move to the end of the oral cavity. Pay particular attention to areas interdental spaces, which are often at risk of caries and other diseases of (the tooth surface near the gums, etc.). The thread is almost the only tool that can adequately clean between the teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with a special formula rinses — this will clean it from food debris and harmful bacteria. Rinsing is possible and ordinary clean water, but a special mouthwash have medicinal properties.
- Don’t forget to follow hygiene — after each treatment, rinse the brush under running water to remove the surface residues of toothpaste, food and bacteria, and then leave it to dry. This will help keep it clean and prevent ingress into the oral cavity of bacteria with repeated cleaning.
- If you mouth a lot of bacteria, can be used to rinse such as salt water or water with lemon juice. They should not take too often, as they can be harmful to tooth enamel.
The effectiveness of toothbrushing depends on its regularity. If you are using the most expensive and advanced means, but do so rarely, it is not necessary to count on positive results. Don’t forget to brush your teeth twice a day and to perform all of the above rules.
Video: how to brush your teeth — dentist advice
A few recommendations that will help you to brush your teeth:
- do not start cleaning earlier than 15 minutes after a meal, it will increase the effectiveness of the paste. After ingestion of certain foods (for example, too sharp or acidic) to clean the teeth is recommended not earlier than after 30 minutes;
- try to brush your teeth after Breakfast and before bedtime is the time dentists called the most favorable for preventive procedures. Cleaning before going to sleep inhibits the growth of harmful microorganisms in the mouth, as during sleep, the salivary glands work very weak;
- minimum cleaning time should be at least three minutes, but do not overdo it. Too long brushing your teeth, 10 minutes may cause problems with the enamel, especially for users toothpaste with high fluoride content;
- during the day, don’t forget to use floss to remove food particles from interdental spaces, do this carefully so as not to damage the gums and do not introduce infection into the wound;
- independently highlight problem areas and gives them their due attention. For more effective care for these teeth, it is recommended to consult a dentist;
- pay attention to the gums, as sometimes positive action in relation to the teeth lead to gum damage. Bleeding gums can be a sign of gingivitis;
- the use of liquids for rinsing the oral cavity is optional, but it helps to take a comprehensive approach to prevention. Use a mouthwash in accordance with other care means;
- if you brush your teeth for a long period of time, their status may change. You may have to decrease or increase the amount of fluorine in hygiene, to abandon one or the other threads, brushes, rinses.
Recommendations are provided to the above rules and regulations for the care of teeth and oral cavity. In such procedures, the main factors of their success are the regularity, thoroughness and consistency of all actions.
Video: brushing your teeth in the program with Elena Malysheva
► What better way to brush your teeth?
It is difficult to name one specific tool. The most popular, of course, is a brush with pasta, but for a good result use a range of tools: handles, threads, floss, etc. Importance and technique of procedures, because if it is incorrect, then the number of fixtures the effect will not increase.
► Before or after Breakfast
Dentists recommend to brush teeth after Breakfast, but not immediately, but after 10-15 minutes (in the case of too acidic foods to 30 minutes).
► How much to clean teeth at the time?
If we are talking about a full cleaning with the use of all these tools and recommendations, such a procedure should last at least 7-8 minutes.
► How many times per day?
To brush our teeth twice a day – before bed and after Breakfast. Smaller number of cleansing have a negative impact on the teeth, while too much can cause damage to the enamel, effect on the state of the oral cavity.