How to choose an electric or regular tooth brush?
It would seem to choose electric or regular toothbrush can most people, however, is not so simple as it seems at first glance. Today, the article will be discussed about: how to do it properly, what are the nuances of choice and you should pay attention to teeth cleaning did not provide the discomfort.
Unfortunately, many people do not give a selection of brushes of great value. This problem comes as a bewildering number of product on the market, and because of the reluctance of the average buyer interested in the differences between them, innovations in the field of dental care.
The types of toothbrushes
Toothbrushes now come in many types and varieties. Klassificeret them mainly for principle:
- Normal or traditional — the most common and cheapest tools for oral hygiene therefore the most popular in the world. In turn, conventional toothbrushes are divided over the degree of rigidity:
- hard and very hard;
- of medium hardness;
- soft and very soft.
- Electrical — are rapidly gaining popularity, despite a significant advantage in price compared to usual. The principle of operation is in the automatic movement of the brush head in different directions. At the same time, it is worth noting a huge selection of these brushes, which an inexperienced buyer may just be confused due to the fact that the process of improvement and progress in the manufacture of this product is very rapid.
- Ultrasound is the most technologically advanced toothbrush, which includes a lot of developments in modern dentistry. The principle of operation is to izdavanje of sound waves that more effectively clean teeth. Naturally, prices for these brushes are very high (average 2500-8000R), however, for example, in Japan they are rapidly replacing even the electric.
How to choose a toothbrush? The nuances of choice
If you want a budget option, it is obvious that you take a regular toothbrush, the important thing is not to be mistaken with the choice of the degree of its stiffness. So, for children and people with extremely sensitive gums, are most suitable only soft toothbrushes.
Brush of medium hardness, suitable in fact to most people, but for hard and very hard, they are suitable for cleaning dentures, etc.
It is worth noting that the choice is not limited to stiffness, also distinguish them by the types and number of tufts of bristles. There are monopikovye toothbrushes, which due to the peculiarities of their structure are able to penetrate to any part of the oral cavity that affects a better quality of dental care and is considered an advantage over others.
A disadvantage of conventional brushes is that they have a fairly limited range of motion, which significantly reduces their effectiveness, but it kompensiruet a relatively low price.
A rating of toothbrushes: which is better?
In the ranking of the most popular brush company Oral-B is considered as one of the products that are best value for money and quality. Many dentists worldwide recommend them.
As for the electric toothbrush then the Oral-B is also on the top line, however, has several serious competitors: Braun, Philips and others. It is worth noting that these brands have quality, but the price is much higher than the Oral-B.
However, looking at various ratings, we must remember that they can be biased or subjective, so you should not rely on one or two rating, and get to know a few, and only then proceed to buying.
The advantages and disadvantages of electric toothbrush
As in any other kind of toothbrush do electric there are a number of pros and cons. Advantage can be safely called:
- more convenient and high-quality cleaning teeth compared with conventional toothbrush;
- saving time and effort, because the bristles on the brush head is driven by a mechanism and performs motion independently and effectively;
- reduce the likelihood of disease not only teeth, but gums, at the expense of principle.
The disadvantages stem primarily from the fact that it is quite a complex mechanism, which embodies all the achievements of modern dentistry:
- the complexity of care, because the nozzle needs to be changed regularly (every three months) and look for those that fit exactly for your model;
- accuracy in the use, because it is quite a complex mechanism which requires a corresponding attitude.
How to choose an adult electric toothbrush?
For an adult the most important factors when choosing an electric tooth brush are the shape of her head and the motion of the bristles on it. It is best to choose a brush with round, small size head, that should help you with access to all sites oral cavity.
The frequency and nature of movement of the bristles is also an important factor that affects the quality of cleaning your teeth. The brush should have different kinds of movements, pulsating, progressive, circular.
Such features significantly increase the effectiveness of prevention of dental disease, bring more benefit to your teeth. Based on this, try to choose a brush from the widest range of movements.
The presence of additional features (like a timer) must not be of paramount importance. Often buyers make a choice in favor of a more «fancy» toothbrush, sacrificing the more important characteristics: cleaning efficiency, safety and convenience in the use and care.
Video: «vse bude dobre» — the choice of toothbrush
How to choose baby electric toothbrush?
When choosing electric toothbrushes for children there are some characteristic features.
- for example, children’s toothbrush should be soft and indicating the child’s age, the occurrence of which it can be used.
- it is not recommended to buy these brushes are not in the specialized points of sale, without the advice of your dentist, because it is from this choice depends the future of your child’s health and your mouth;
- especially should carefully look at the materials of the toothbrush, if it has all the necessary certificates, took place whether she’s a lab test in the country in which sold;
- it is also a kind children’s toothbrush and its shape should contribute to developing in children the habit of brushing the teeth, should not discourage the child, and the bristles should be nylon (or silicone).
Unfortunately, in recent years significantly, the cases where the brush is made of very poor quality, untested materials cause serious harm to the oral cavity of the user. In the case of children, this danger is significantly higher than with adults, because children’s gums and teeth more sensitive.
I hope now you will not have difficulties in choosing the tool for giganty the oral cavity. If you have any additional questions that we didn’t mention in the article, feel free to ask them in the comments and wait for an answer in the near future.