How to heal gums after a tooth extraction
After a visit to the dentist, the question arises, how to heal gums after a tooth extraction because the procedure is kind of surgery. The removal is a violation of the tissues with the corresponding further indication of the operation, i.e. the pain, the healing process and limitations in terms of eating, drinking. If we consider more specifically, after dental interventions tooth extraction is a violation of the oral mucosa, rupture blood vessels, tear of the nerve bundle. All this leads to damage to the ligaments, muscle and gum tissue. Then there is a natural inflammatory process accompanied by bleeding, pain, swelling of tissues, redness of the mucosal surface. Pain remind myself when chewing, talking, ie, any movement of the jaw. This discomfort occurs for some time until the tissues will heal. It happens that the pain won’t go away for a long period of time, which could indicate complications, then you need to re-visit the dentist. But in any case, the pain will be present after tooth extraction, it is therefore necessary to relieve pain that occurs after surgery.
Simple rules of care after a visit to the dentist
Healing of the gums after tooth extraction occurs gradually, the tissues must heal and the inflammation subsides. To the structure of the fabric as quickly as possible restored, but the side effects did not result in the original broken state, you must fulfill a number of recommendations of the dentist. Depending on the complexity and extent of the operation of tooth removal is the shorter recovery is about 7 to 14 days. During this time, you need to be attentive to oral hygiene, eat food that the impacts do not lead to unbearable pain sensations. Thus, an ordinary, everyday way of life, which was to tooth extraction, can be carried out. To protect yourself from pain, to normalize the fusion of tissues and prevent complications it is necessary to observe some rules.
How to protect yourself and allow the tissues to recover
- after removal of the tooth in the channel lays a special swab to prevent bleeding. It need to press the bite and hold for at least 30 minutes to form a blood clot;
- need to overcome the desire to touch the tip of your tongue or finger place of removal not to break the formed clot. And especially do not use the toothpicks. The vessel wall is very thin and any wrong move will cause breakthrough bleeding, which will be accompanied by painful sensations. It is unknown how long to heal gum after tooth extraction, after all is natural, systematic accretion of tissue are violated;
- you can not rinse your mouth during the day, as the liquid can wash the clot in the channel, breaking it. Also no need to create efforts for the formation of a vacuum in your mouth that can cause to burst the bubble of blood in the channel removal. These involuntary on the one hand actions can amplify pain, bleeding to resume and lead to an inflammatory process, therefore, should coordinate and monitor any adverse impact on the mouth;
- immediately after removal for 3 — 4 hours you can’t eat that food did not cause a negative effect, because food debris can get into the extraction socket, which will cause inflammation of the tissues. You should also protect yourself from drinking cold or hot liquids. For several days after surgery should be taken only a warm drink;
- the first week you should try to chew on the opposite side, where the tooth After the first day, at the end of the meal to gently rinse your mouth with water. It is also recommended to rinse the mouth to use different antiseptics, which can be purchased at the pharmacy or use baking soda mixed with water. In any case can not be used to remove food residues with a toothpick or other objects;
- the adverse consequence of disturbances in the healing of the canal can be a physical activity that significantly increases blood pressure of the body. Should therefore be deleted in the first week after tooth extraction any sport, fitness, morning exercises and hard work. Performing everyday activities such as cleaning, washing and removing dust, malware;
- the first two days should not visit bath, sauna, wash under a hot shower, sunbathe or visit the Solarium and swim in cold ice-hole. It will not help to ease the pain, speed up healing process of the tissues in the mouth, but can cause complications that increase pain, swelling. You should also avoid places where there is a probability of catching cold that may aggravate the healing. A walling off from communication and contact with people suffering from infectious colds will preserve their health and prevent complications that affect the speed at which the hole grows and tissue repair in the place of the removed tooth;
- how to heal wound after tooth extraction, depends on the patience of the man, because in the early days you need to drop some «pleasures». First, it is necessary at this stage to completely stop Smoking and drinking alcohol. Second, to exclude from food spicy, acidic, spicy foods that can cause severe disturbance of acid-alkaline balance in the mouth, thereby causing irritation of the area of removal;
- maintaining hygienic condition of the oral cavity after dental procedures is the main objective, therefore, should be used cleaning teeth. Not for 8 hours to clean your mouth with toothpaste because the bristles can break the clot causing rebleeding. Next, the teeth cleaning should be applied morning and evening, with gentle to refer to the place of extraction;
- post time accompanied by medication. It is advisable to check with your doctor, taking any of the tablets we recommend, and also to remember the use of any drug can be destructive. From the category of painkillers fit tablets from the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. To remove sensitivity after tooth extraction, you can take antihistamines. The dosage and duration of use tablets specified in the instructions for use;
- do not take any independent actions beyond those that are prescribed by a doctor. It is impossible to dig in the hole or to perform any manipulations that could lead to infection. Contraindicated to take drugs at their discretion because the selection of a course of treatment individually, taking into account characteristics of the organism, contraindications, and the complexity of the operation.
How long the pain is felt and how much heals fabric
A definite answer to this question is impossible, because the stages of healing wells after the extraction of each person are at different stages.
The reason for that are factors that take place when performing dental operations, and also affect the rate of healing:
|Qualification and professionalism of the dentist.||Before going to the doctor is necessary to choose the professional using the reviews relatives, acquaintances or the Internet. It is desirable that the clinic did not work the first day, and the visit must be put only positive impressions. After all, a qualified specialist will not make any mistakes, carefully examines the removed Fang, will examine the results of x-ray that will allow him to quickly and without noticeable impact to remove it. Thus, from the flawless work of a doctor depends on how badly damaged the mouth, which in turn will affect the healing and postoperative pain sensation|
|The presence of good health.||A significant indicator of the body’s fight against disease is the presence of high immunity. Tissue healing will be faster, if the body has sufficient minerals and vitamins. Wound healing after tooth extraction will be more productive if you take vitamins that support the immune system. You should consult your doctor to question the use of vitamins, to give practical advice|
|The age of the patient.||This factor affects how long to heal gum after tooth extraction, because the fabric of young body recovered quickly. Older patient surgery carries harder, and to heal the tissues after removal of problematic, especially if the violation of the gums after extraction of a molar tooth. Dentist if removal must take into account the age and make appropriate recommendations to the patient after the procedure|
Danger in the healing of tissues
The period of tightening of tissues in the site of tooth removal is at the risk of rendering the external factors that complicate the overgrowth, from which the hole is healing after tooth extraction for much longer. One of the most common situations is the occurrence of alveolitis, which is expressed in the course of the inflammatory process after operation and removal of the tooth. There is any infection in the hole during removal or after. The symptoms of alveolitis expressed acute pain, recovery time is delayed. Also the problem of infection talks about himself a nasty rotten smell in the breath.
The appearance of infection and tissue damage is needed urgently contact your dentist, because ignoring will lead to the formation of the jaw osteomyelitis. This threat is very significant and leads to severe complications because the infection starts to penetrate the tissue, developing in the mouth. The sooner the doctor will do an exam and prescribe preventive measures, the less the risk of septicemia, which causes blood poisoning and the worst, can be fatal.
What symptoms cannot be ignored
From how quickly the wound is healing after a tooth extraction depends on the General condition of man, because the body might react subsequently, a number of symptoms which require immediately go to the dentist. Pain and healing are directly dependent on the absence of manifestations, the presence of which should not be ignored.
- If after tooth extraction for three hours does not stop profuse bleeding, that is your cue to scream for help.
- Also requires medical intervention puffiness and swelling, especially if marvel starts the plot far outside the area of removal. We are talking about a bubble, swelling of the cheek and the transition of the tumor from one side to the other.
- The inflammatory process may be the beginning of suppuration, which also triggers pain, and also causes bad breath.
Data set negative points can be accompanied by headache and fever, which immediately should give the idea about contacting the doctor. Otherwise, the usual pulling of the tooth can turn the mouth into a clot of tumor and lead to irreversible processes, amputations, complex surgeries and a long recovery.
The removal of a tooth and no tragic consequences
Healing after tooth removal will be quick and painless, if you follow the above rules and the recommendations of the dentist. It is first important before removing a tooth to make a search for a qualified doctor to continue to pay health and financial costs cause treatment cheap dentistry because many not the doctor is a true professional. You must remember the Golden rule that the avaricious pays twice, but if we are talking about your health, the savings are generally not acceptable. On how quickly it heals tissue, how long do not disturb the overgrown plot depends on the health of the mouth, so supervision is necessary and timely treatment to the doctor at the slightest manifestation of abnormal wound healing or exacerbation of pain. Is a little patience, to limit themselves to the use of number of products, pleasures, and after safely enjoy a quick and painless result of the removal of the tooth. Than to forget and ignore their condition, which will lead to serious irreversible complications, which are permanently deposited in the memory of man.