How to make toothpaste at home with your own hands
The question how to make toothpaste at home is relevant to many people. In particular, for those who want to save on the constant purchase of hygiene products, wishes to avoid falling in your body with unnecessary chemicals or just loves to create useful things with their hands.
The advantages and disadvantages of homemade pasta
Homemade toothpaste is primarily a natural product. Purchase tools, even the most expensive, contain preservatives, synthetic fragrances, sometimes artificial dyes, harmful surfactants. Unscrupulous manufacturers indicate on the packaging is not all that added to the formulation of the technology for extending the shelf life of the product and enhance its commercial attractiveness.
Any of the components manufactured toothpaste can cause an allergic reaction. The tool made by your own hands, will not contain anything that can harm her and her family.
Another undoubted advantage of homemade toothpaste is its cost. In stores you can find inexpensive products. But it is likely to contain cheap, and therefore, not useful components. Independently making pasta, people are free to choose the composition in accordance with their wishes and financial possibilities, and in the end to get a quality and useful product that will afford him.
Lack of toothpaste home production, perhaps only 1 — small storage period ranging from several hours to 2 weeks.
Single-label cleaning products
Toothpaste with your own hands is not necessarily complicated recipes, the implementation of which will require a lot of time and effort. There are substances in themselves has a good cleaning effect and do not require any additions. Combines with water, they form a sort of paste, which is easy to use.
- Wood ash. This substance is used by our ancestors. It contains a compound called potassium hydroxide — absorbent having an excellent whitening effect. Sometimes advised to choose only the ashes of a certain wood, such as birch. But it’s not the most important. The main requirement to ashes, is its purity. People must be sure that during combustion, in addition to pure wood, the fire didn’t hit. To use the ash, just drop it in a wet toothbrush and brush teeth.
- Crushed chalk. 1 powder, long used to clean teeth. The method of using the same as in the case of ash.
- The powder of the chestnut. A good means of cleansing the teeth and healthful gums, you can get from the fruit of the horse chestnut. It is necessary to remove the core, dry them well and grind into flour. Then you need to dip in the resulting powder the wet brush, and perform the procedure.
The main drawback of such cleaning powders is their monotonous effect on the mouth. If you use, for example, only with ash or with chalk gradually to the teeth and gums begin to miss some substance. Therefore, these home remedies it is best to alternate with each other and with more complex mixtures.
To make pasta is not only effective, but also beneficial to the mouth, is to learn how to cook more complex compositions. Part of their components always have a home (in the kitchen or in household first aid kit), the rest you can find in stores. The more difficult part of homemade toothpaste, the more accurate it is necessary to observe the dosage. Therefore it is necessary to acquire weights that allow to measure a small number of grams, and pipette in case if a prescription is written for a number of drops.
- Pasta on the basis of salt and vegetable oil. This is the simplest structure, which has long been used yoga. Mix 1 teaspoon (no slides) of salt (sea or regular table) with 1 teaspoon of any edible crude vegetable oils (mustard, coconut, flax, olive, sunflower). The composition should be applied to clean finger and gently massage the gums and clean the teeth from all sides. The best way to cook this pasta for 1 time, just before the cleaning process, the salt did not have time to dissolve, and the oil has not acquired the rancid smell. In a pinch you can leave it for a few hours, for example, from morning to evening. Salt should be very small. Grains can be ground to powder in a coffee grinder. To enhance the health benefits of salt and the butter, add 0,5 tsp vegetable powder to choose from: the dried peel of an eggplant or banana, eucalyptus leaves.
- Pasta on the basis of white or pink clay. Want to combine 50 g of clay powder, 1 tsp honey, 2 drops of different essential oils (orange, clove, lemon, peppermint, rosemary, chamomile, tea tree, sage). Mix thoroughly. If the paste is too thick, need to be diluted with a few drops of water solution of propolis. If you are allergic to bee products honey and propolis to replace warm filtered or boiled water, adding drop by drop until the clay does not get paste. Instead of honey you can also use glycerine or gel based on aloe Vera. The amount of essential oils to increase is not necessary, so as not to cause irritation. This composition can be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed glass/ceramic/ chinaware to 5 days.
- Toothpaste-based chalk, glycerine and soap. The preparation of these tooth paste will require to acquire with a natural soap with no additives. It is better to use a handmade soap, made from scratch. If the liquid should just measure the right amount. Solid pre-RUB on a small grater or grind in any other way. Mix well 500 g of chalk, 300 g of glycerin, 200 g of soap. For flavor you can add 3-5 drops of any essential oil. Too dense a mass of diluted filtered or boiled water to the appropriate density. Done this way the paste can be stored in the same conditions as the previous, but up to 2 weeks.
These recipes allow you to create a large number of pastes with different flavors and produce the effects you should just change the essential oil and other optional components.
Making the toothpaste with your own hands for the first time, is to mix a small amount of ingredients proportionally reducing the data in the recipes figures.
To brushing teeth homemade remedy brought only benefits, it is necessary to observe a few rules:
- As in the homemade pasta has no preservatives, it spoils quickly. If the appearance and smell of the mixture changed, you need to throw it away without regret.
- If the stock is salt, even a small one, no need to RUB teeth too hard, so as not to damage the enamel and cause gum irritation.
- Not use to care for the oral cavity soda and hydrogen peroxide! They have an aggressive effect, violate the integrity of the enamel, the thinner the top layer, to restore.
- If possible, it is better to consult with the dentist what is the composition of homemade pasta will suit a particular person, given the state of the oral cavity.
As with any cosmetic product, created with love with their hands from natural ingredients, the homemade toothpaste can be an excellent replacement for industrial products, which not always meets the requirements of safety and ecology.