How to numb a canker sore to relieve pain in children in adults
Pain in the mouth — a rather unpleasant feeling, which does not allow us to eat normally, sleep well, engage with family and work. One of the most common illnesses in dentistry, accompanied by painful sensations, is the stomatitis. The main goal of the person who is faced with this problem is the question: how to numb a canker sore? Is it possible to cope with this problem at home or is immediately referred to a specialist? Stomatitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. Often is a protective reaction of the organism to external stimuli.
The disease has several characteristics
- The formation of redness on the mucous membranes;
- Burning sensation, swelling of mucous membranes;
- Education single ulcer, covered with a white film;
- The appearance of multiple sores allover mouth, gums and tongue;
- High temperature.
For pain relief there are plenty of analgesics in the form of gels, sprays, tablets, ointments, sprays
- Aseptic lidocaine — a local antiseptic, providing analgesic effect. Apply 2 times a day by spraying;
- Instillagel will help to relieve pain and to reduce swelling. The treatment is carried out in the form of lubrication of the sores;
- Hexoral tabs — suitable for a local anesthesia inflammation is produced in the form of tablets for sucking (maximum dose of 6 tablets per day) and spray (irrigation 3 times a day);
- Spray Cantonwine shown to relieve swelling of the mouth, eliminating the inflammatory process. Is a solution to rinse (1 tablespoon every 3 hours) and tablets for sucking;
- Stopangin in the form of a solution and a spray is a proven antiseptic, softening the symptoms of stomatitis;
- Spray for any disease thanks to its shielding properties instantly gives the effect of a local anesthetic;
- Aspirin in tablet form — is struggling with the pain just dissolve in 1 glass of water, aspirin, and rinse your mouth.
Depending on the causative agent of stomatitis is classified into the following types
Control of viral stomatitis: drugs and techniques
The most common type, caused by the herpes virus. Infection occurs through airborne droplets. The main groups of drugs: antiviral, analgesic, immunomodulatory drugs.
- Viferon — aimed at the fight against herpes virus activates the immune system. Used in the form of a gel or ointment, easy to use, has a longer lasting effect. Applied to the sores 4 times a day for 7 days. Applied complex vitamins;
- Acyclovir — destroying virus DNA, prevents the appearance of new ulcers. Available in the form of an ointment (to smear every 4 hours). Another form — tablets of 200 and 400 mg. At a dose of 200 mg 2 times a day, 400 mg — 1 time a day, a course of 5-10 days;
- Exelis — combined remedy with antiviral properties, appoint 2 tablets every 2 hours;
- Oxolinic ointment 0,25 % applied 4 times a day on pre-treated the affected areas.
Fungal (Candida) thrush
Most often the causative agent is a yeast-like fungi. Candidiasis is manifested on the background of somatic diseases with reduced immunity, due to hormonal changes in women due to this Allergy, nervous stress or dysbiosis. Characteristic symptoms: thrush (abundant curd plaque) on the lips, cheeks, tongue, and further the defeat of the corners of the mouth («oral zaedy»). At the advanced stage there is bleeding of wounds, risk for infection.
For the treatment use antifungal agents and symptomatic therapy with antipyretics medications.
- Nystatin ointment: relieves inflammation, heals wounds, and relieve disinfects, destroys the cells of the fungus from the inside, reduces relapse. Apply to the sores 2 times a day;
- The pimafutsin antifungal antibiotic exhibiting activity against yeast-like fungi. Does not have a systemic effect on the body, as it is not absorbed into the bloodstream. Available in the form of candles, creams, tablets (1 tablet daily), ointment (1-4 times daily), suspension (1 ml, 6 times a day);
- Levorin is an ointment or solution for the treatment and prevention of candidiasis. Treatment: ointment 3 times a day, rinse 4 times a day;
- Imudon — increases local immunity of the oral cavity (6 tablets per day rate for 7 days);
- Miconazole has a disinfecting and antibacterial effect, apply 3 times a day;
- Fukortsin solution of crimson color, dries wounds, uses point. The drug is applied directly on the ulcer several times a day. The course of treatment is 5 days;
- Solution of borax in glycerine (5, 10, 20 %) implies point treatment ulcers 5 times a day, course of treatment — 1 week.
Occurs when mechanical (drop, shock, accidental puncture marks on the teeth), chemical (Smoking, alcohol) or physical (burns), damage to the soft tissues of the mouth. Dangerous bacterial or fungal infection. Symptoms: redness, pain, swelling, appearance of blister or sores, possible tissue death. If neglect — cracks, deep erosion, putrid breath.
In this situation, apply antimicrobial and regenerative means:
- Often a plant bactericide oil as a 1% solution for lubrication wounds or spray. Apply 3 times a day for no more than 3 days;
- Inhalation Bioparox — prevents the spread of infection, reduces swelling;
- Aerosol Ingalipt — antiseptic, contributing to the formation of new epithelium of the mucous membranes of the mouth. Used no more than 5 times a day;
- Propolis spray herbal antiseptic in the form of a solution, accelerating the healing of wounds. Rinses are held 3-4 times per day;
- Methylene blue is one of the oldest drugs in the disease, leading to death of the pathogenic microorganisms do not penetrate the blood and, therefore, absolute secure; Apply point 6 times a day for 2-3 days;
- Solcoseryl — regenerating paste aimed at the healing of wounds. Apply 4 times a day.
This stage of the most severe stomatitis characterized by the appearance of aft(sores) on the lips, cheeks, gums.
Is acute or chronic. It requires complex approach, which includes disinfection, burning, rinse.
- Dexamethason — glucocorticoid drug, which has anti-inflammatory and antiallergic properties, is used for rinsing treatment is not more than 7 days;
- Ointment Clobetasol — hormonal agent, apply a thin layer 1-2 times a day for aphthae;
- Rotokan — vegetable solution of wide spectrum of action, regenerates porajenie areas of the mucous membranes, stops bleeding. In 1 Cup of water dissolve 5 ml and rinse your mouth for 5 days;
- Lugol spray — iodinated cautery with antiseptic and irritant properties, irrigation produce 5 times a day;
- Vinilin — antibacterial ointment (balsam shestakovskoe) is destroys the bacterial foci, heal aphthae, applied 3 times a day;
- Furatsilin — yellow tablets with antimicrobial activity. Dissolve 2 tablets in a glass of boiled water, rinse your mouth 4-6 times daily;
- Streptocid — is used orally in the form of tablets or to rinse (1 tablet per Cup of water) for 7 days, 3-4 times a day;
The cause of are streptococci and staphylococci, which are getting into the microscopic cracks and sores in the mouth that cause inflammation. Infection is possible by eating unwashed fruits and vegetables. Intermittent or heavy (necrony). Symptoms: ulcers, pain in the mouth, excessive salivation, bad smell.
Effective means against bacteria are antibiotics and Immunostimulants:
- Biseptol — bacterial drug that has a destructive effect on streptococci and staphylococci, is used in the following dosage: 1 tablet 960 mg 2 times a day;
- Lincomycin — an antibiotic that destroys gram-positive organisms. Available in the form capsule 500 mg (3-4 times a day) and 600 mg (1-2 times);
- Spray synthesis — disrupts the outer shell of bacteria, stimulates local protection by activation of phagocytes. Does not cause allergies and irritation. Application: irrigation 3 times a day;
- Amoxicillin — an antibiotic penicillin, acute pathological processes in severe stomatitis, with lesions of the internal organs. Dosage: 250 gr. every 8 hours, the course — 7 days;
- Metronidazole has anti-ulcer action, a course of treatment 5 days: 1 tablet 2 times a day.
Arises from common allergic reactions to medications (antibiotics and sulfonamides) or food (peanut, citrus, fish, honey, camomile tea), bee pollen, due to contact with an allergen (dentures). Patients complain of dryness, burning, itching, swelling of the tongue and palate it is difficult to swallow. Allergist determines the cause of allergies and triggers.
For this type uses antihistamines, and vitamins C, A, E, V:
- Ketotifen — appointed 2 times a day 1 mg or 2 mg;
- Suprastin — refers to the first generation of Allergy medications, taken at 25 mg 4 times per day;
- Loratadin — struggling with allergies and itching, eliminates spasms of smooth muscles, prevents the development of edema. Use the inside of pill 10 mg 1 time per day for 10 days;
- Cetirizine — blocks H1 — histamine receptors, facilitates the course of allergic reactions. Taken 1 tablet of 10 mg in the evening.
Folk remedies for stomatitis
In the early stages of the disease it is advisable to rinse your mouth with infusions of calendula, chamomile (1 tsp. dried flowers per Cup of boiling water), Clary sage, rose, yarrow, baking soda (1 tsp in 200 ml water), hydrogen peroxide (1 tablespoon per 100 ml of water). Also effective remedies are aloe and Kalanchoe for pain. But you should know that these tools are used in addition to medicinal treatment, so be sure to consult a specialist.
How quickly and painlessly to cure stomatitis in a child
Unlike an adult, the child is much worse to tolerate the pain, cranky when performing such procedures as a gargle, wash the mouth. In children in addition to ulcers and edema high probability of increase in temperature. So you should consult a pediatric dentist, because only a doctor can determine the nature of the disease and prescribe the correct and comprehensive treatment. In addition to medication, observe the rules of hygiene, so that other family members are not infected:
- Select an individual towel, and individual dishes;
- Keep him drinking plenty of fluids;
- Eliminate sweet, salty, fatty foods;
- At least 2 times a day ventilate the nursery;
- Boil the utensils after use.
The main drugs to treat children’s sores
- Kamistad — gel on the basis of lidocaine, reduces pain, relieves inflammation, fights bacteria. Apply to inflamed areas of the thin strip. Resolved 2 years;
- Lizobakt — lozenges for children from 3 years old, which actively protect and restore the mucous membranes of the mouth. Destroy viruses, bacteria, fungi. With 3 to 7 years — 1 tablet 3 times a day, with 7 to 12 years — 1 tablet 4 times a day;
- Gel Holisal — administered with 6 months with ulcers and candidal stomatitis, apply 5 ml of the gel on the sores 2-3 times a day;
- Kalgel — dental gel brown, a local anesthetic, to use not more than 6 times per day;
- Nurofen is an antipyretic and analgesic drug in the form of suppositories, or suspensions, can be used from 3 months to 12 years, the dosage depends on the age and weight of the child and are indicated in the table (see annotation);
- Paracetamol for children — syrup to combat the heat and fever, is applied every 6 hours, the number of quarts depends on the body mass. Course of treatment: 3 days as an antipyretic and 5 days as a pain reliever. For older children, topical tablets: 2 mg (9-12 years) and 1 mg (3-6 years);
- Sea buckthorn oil — moisten a cotton ball with oil and wipe the wound or make the application of a sterile bandage on the affected area for 5 minutes.
How to avoid thrush? Keep yourself clean, brush the teeth, give up bad habits, visit your dentist periodically and the disease will pass you.